power steering plus necessary?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:01 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Good idea for a switch; your partner might like it.

ChuckJ

Old 09-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nicoli
I just realized I am precisely who Porsche engineered the 991 for. Tried an '09 4S.. great but no medium for just cruising around with coffee. Tried a '13 Audi S5 in between and very nice car but too soft. I engage sport exhaust after I leave our neighborhood. I wish I could be like oh yeah, I can tell a difference when im pushing it but really don't notice and I started riding motorcycles on a Honda z50 at age five in the early 70's. Its amazing to me that people have a night and day reaction to power steering plus but here is the proof right in this thread. Wild stuff
... S5
...sport exhaust...
...Honda z50 at age 5

What are you on about matey?

Cripes! Just as well that some people express their opinion as black and white and get to the point!

Last edited by Haku; 09-16-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:10 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
... S5
...sport exhaust...
...Honda z50 at age 5

What are you on about matey?

Cripes! Just as well that some people express their opinion as black and white and get to the point!
lol i removed it, was just too confusing

detracted from the topic. Anyway! hi

Old 09-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nicoli
lol i removed it, was just too confusing

detracted from the topic. Anyway! hi
But ... I loved it! . I decided to give you positive rep for it!!!!

Hehehe... I know exactly where you're coming from. I was trying to write an email this morning and it was all over the place... discovered it was due to the party I went to last night... I hope!

Last edited by Haku; 09-16-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 AM
thigos is on a distinguished road
Definitely skip it. Its a sports car, the steering should have some heft.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone figured out if it can be disabled after the fact, or at least reprogrammed to (dis)engage at lower speed?

Last edited by dux; 09-17-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
That's the way I saw it also. I believe the base steering is very similar to the 997.

ChuckJ
Chuck, you're very right. The normal steering felt similar if not same as 997 gts I drove.

Old 09-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Elias74 can only hope to improve
I have it on my 991 S. Not a big deal...only few bucks.

BUT i like it very much. I live in Italy and often i have to maneuvre in small places and this aid is very comfortable.

I sugest ii as something more to put on a car. Not a question of life and death.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:27 AM
03LX470 is on a distinguished road
Is the standard steering (effort required to turn) lighter on the 991 than it was on the 997?

I test drove the 991 with PS Plus and I liked it but it's not on my order for some reason (either the salesman or I missed it in the final version of the order).

Now I will be getting a 991 without it. I'm just wondering if it will be lighter than the 997?

Old 09-20-2012, 07:41 AM
nova996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 03LX470
I test drove the 991 with PS Plus and I liked it but it's not on my order for some reason (either the salesman or I missed it in the final version of the order).
How funny. My salesman accidentally put it on my Panamera order, and I got it removed just in time.

Now I will be getting a 991 without it. I'm just wondering if it will be lighter than the 997?
I've driven both and I think without PSPlus, the 997 and 991 are about the same steering effort.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:33 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
I don't see effort required as an issue at all in turning a 991 steering without power steering plus. For effort to be an issue you would need to be really, really weak. I mean it, just extreeeemely weak! Even your girlfriend/wife should easily be able to turn it.

Last edited by aamersa; 09-21-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:36 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aamersa
I don't see effort required as an issue at all in turning a 991 steering without power steering plus. For effort to be an issue you would need to be really, really weak. I mean it, just extreeeemely weak! Even your girlfriend/wife should easily be able to turn it.
+1 I drove cars with and without and had to ask the Dealer which was which. It was not noticeable to me.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Only in a Cayenne.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:12 PM
super50 has a spectacular aura aboutsuper50 has a spectacular aura about
I don't have PSP, but I think I would like it...
Is it something that the dealer can program into my car?
I have the standard electromagnetic steering...

Sorry for dragging out an old thread!

Old 02-19-2015, 07:15 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by super50
I don't have PSP, but I think I would like it...
Is it something that the dealer can program into my car?
I have the standard electromagnetic steering...

Sorry for dragging out an old thread!
All PSP does is make your car feel like a Lexus at slow speeds. It is electric power steering just like the standard steering, it just makes it so you can twirl your wheel with your pinky in the parking lot if you like that.

Last edited by GS997S; 02-19-2015 at 12:09 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: power steering plus necessary?