Official 991 video thread!

Old 12-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Official 991 video thread!

Since the launch of the 991 there have been a whole lot of new video's popping up.
However the great ones seem to be taken down regularly by Youtube...
So thought I'd start a thread where we can pool our collective power to post the latest and greatest vids.

Here's the best one I've seen so far!!
Props to Scott Kelly for finding this one after mine was pulled off, thanks Scott!

Enjoy!

Sid.

Edit, check it out in full-screen HD... AWESOME!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 12-14-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:25 PM
porscher911 is on a distinguished road
WooooooooooooooooooW

Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 PM
Dus10reed will become famous soon enough
Great Sound!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Dus10reed will become famous soon enough
Watch how fast it goes through the slalom at the end...

Old 12-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dus10reed
LOVE IT!
Thanks for posting!
What a sound
At 55 sec. mark it looks like it's about to do a wheely hehehehehe

I can't wait for mine!!!
That said... at 1:10 it sure does look like there's not an awful lot of leg room.
I was kind of afraid of this because right now my knee sits above the shifter (6',4") and with the new design that's not going to happen anymore...
Crap I really, really hope this is going to work out

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 12-15-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
991 on the streets of europe, new vids:

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 12-15-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by Dus10reed
Watch how fast it goes through the slalom at the end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb4NA...eature=related
If ya look at the guy in the background you'll see that he shift from his right to his left leg in just a few frames... the shot was sped up in edit

The car looks almost comical going around the pylons, reminds me of the the old "night rider" speed shots hehehe.

Sorry dude, that said...I'm sure it still looks fast in real life though.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:17 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Good find!

It's funny to hear the Tiroler music in the background on the 2nd vid, haven't heart that in a long time.
it`s even more funny when u hear this southern bavarian/tyrolean tune and then you start to realize, the vid is from Hamburg, lol

some vids from a russian presentation:

Old 12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by porscher911
WooooooooooooooooooW
The owner of the local Porsche dealer was there and he said it all his 40 years of launch events this was the best he'd ever seen.

They actually rented they entire Air force base + jets for this event...
Which meant no issues regarding low fly-bye's but also no fireballs or any kind of pyrotechnics.

Very cool none the less!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah but isn't that like rap music to them..
i just imagined a true "Fischkopp" (means something like "fishhead", that´s how we in the south call people from Hamburg) shaking his booty to some rap music.

Yeah but isn't that like rap music to them..

BTW have you run across any vids where they actually talk about the rising center console versus leg room?
not really, the only thing i heard is that the leg room in the back has been improved, slightly.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
i just imagined a true "Fischkopp" (means something like "fishhead", that´s how we in the south call people from Hamburg) shaking his booty to some rap music. .
Hahahaha, I actually speak/read/write Dutch, German, French and of course English (although some worse than others), fischkopp did fall within the literal vocab but not the meaning of it (hey I learn something everyday).

The Dutch are called "kaaskop" but that has nothing to do with rap music

Re; legroom... I've seen that too, even that there's a bit more space in front, but no mention of how the raised center console effect the position of the right leg.
Hope that means there's no issues with it... but I've got a bad feeling.
Guess I'll know soon enough...

Thanks for the heads-up!

Old 12-18-2011, 01:21 PM
another vid from "Fishkopp"-City

Old 12-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Oh man that sounds good (00:32)!!!
I can't wait to get mine

Old 12-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Here's a new vid. showing the aerodynamics and body differences between the 991 and 997...

Old 12-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Here's another cool one.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official 991 video thread!