Porsche 991 review by Car and Driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:43 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Yes all three of us are Dr. Bill. You me and xseal. xseal could not have summed up my thoughts any better.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:01 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
haha, thanks w00t.

I'd be curious if you guys whom didn't care for the interior sat in full leather or base leather. Obviously that alone would dramatically change your opinions. Just curious.

thanks all.

And thanks for the video reviews, ChuckJ

Last edited by EricP; 01-31-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Very nice reviews. Thank you. I have not seen the car in person, will do so on Feb 4th but looking at the pics, xseal's first hand impressions were what echoed in my mind all these days. I have always felt that as great as the 991's interior is it somehow seems to belong in a SUV (yes I am biased coz I got the Cayenne due to it's interior ... ofcourse one of the reasons) or say a sports sedan like a Jaguar. I was disappointed that Porsche went with this style as they already have this in their sport sedan and SUV.
The problem is that some of us have liked the 911 for it's quirks and one of the biggest quirk has been it's interior ... or lack thereof compared to most other cars. All these years it is driver focused and just that. But obviously their customers like Eric for example do not like this kind of interior (I still would not call it garbage and several Toyota owners sit in my car and have a hard time closing their mouth since their jaw is so wide open ... Sorry Eric I love you but just had to add that part of this post ) and Porsche has to change it's ways. Nothing wrong with Eric not liking the interior and it is ofcourse his money and he has the right to demand and choose what he wants in a 100K + car.

On a final note, please don't forget we all are part of the 911 family and yes the 991 is a 911 ... Heck any car that is made by Porsche and wears the 911 badge is a 911. So please don't take my comments as a inflammatory. It is just that I am disheartened by the change in the interior.

Here's my 993TT interior for comparison:

Attached Images  
Old 01-31-2012, 06:45 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
993 interior was one of the best.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
tgcrun is on a distinguished road
If the definition of evolving (or devolving) from a sports car to a GT is being easier to drive and having a more luxurious, comfortable interior then the 911 was well on its way to becoming a GT long before the 991 was introduced. My first 911 was an '87 Targa, and my '09 C4S is worlds away from that car.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:48 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Here's a nice little 180 MPH 991 drive around Daytona.

ChuckJ

Old 02-01-2012, 07:04 PM
xseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to allxseal is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Here's a nice little 180 MPH 991 drive around Daytona.

ChuckJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0_UrLwoEio

I've done it at 160 on a Ducati. Never been on the track in a car. The auto blips on the downshift are cool on the PDK.