SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:37 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BrandonH
what sizes?
Same specs as the 20" Pirelli's: 245/35 at the front and 295/30 at the rear.

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Did you notice any difference in the interior noise level?

ChuckJ
Yes, less noise with the Michelin... This has been my experience before too.
A few years ago, I had an interesting chat from a guy who was working in the R&D department of one of Michelin's competitors and he admitted that they were all playing catchup with Bibendum.

If there is only one negative(?) point to the PSS's, it would be that the compound is not very dark and that the tires look grayish next to my black rims.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:24 AM
poot991 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Mate what a great car and a fantastic thread. Please keep it up!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:45 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by poot991
Mate what a great car and a fantastic thread. Please keep it up!
Thanks!

Here are a few pics from the Tail of the Dragon earlier this week. Also recorded a few video's. Need to check if there is enough good material to edit something.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7182429398/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7182428816/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7182426868/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7179877810/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7176014576/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7179878200/

Old 05-13-2012, 10:03 AM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
some great shots there! ....I cant wait to go to that place.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by BrandonH
some great shots there! ....I cant wait to go to that place.
It's a great place, but if you want to enjoy the driving, go early on a weekday. There was a LOT of traffic this week and I have been stuck for miles behind people driving 20mph. Not that you have to drive recklessly to appreciate US129, but you want to be the one controlling your speed, not the Nissan Cube in front of you. Also, I've been there many times without seeing a single LEO, but it seems that they had something special going on this week as they were picking on sportscars and bikers and were trying to get them off the Tail showing a lot of bad faith (see my previous post on the topic).
Still, it is one of the best roads in the world. Have fun!

Old 05-13-2012, 01:55 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
The first pic in the series is especially nice. Did you bring along a driver or a photographer? These aren't remote shutter:ed are they?

I have never had a bad experience with Michelin, on any sort of car. Curious to hear your report from upcoming track events.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by fbroen
The first pic in the series is especially nice. Did you bring along a driver or a photographer? These aren't remote shutter:ed are they?
The nice thing with US129 is that you have professional photographers posted at a couple of places. They take pictures of the cars and bikes all day long and post them on their website. You just need to order online and download

Old 05-13-2012, 08:16 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Thanks!

Here are a few pics from the Tail of the Dragon earlier this week. Also recorded a few video's. Need to check if there is enough good material to edit something.

You are really making me jealous. Where is that so I can try my wheels out there?

ChuckJ

Old 05-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
You are really making me jealous. Where is that so I can try my wheels out there?

ChuckJ
US129, 40 mins south of Knoxville, TN. 318 curves in 11 miles. I checked on Google maps you have 871 miles to cover from Dallas
This being said, there are a bunch of great roads in the Appalachians and it can be a nice way to spend a couple of days.
You can check the following link: http://tailofthedragon.com/pdf/Brochure.pdf

Last edited by SM_ATL; 05-13-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:35 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
US129, 40 mins south of Knoxville, TN. 318 curves in 11 miles. I checked on Google maps you have 871 miles to cover from Dallas
This being said, there are a bunch of great roads in the Appalachians and it can be a nice way to spend a couple of days.
You can check the following link: http://tailofthedragon.com/pdf/Brochure.pdf
Being retired has its flaws and benefits. I don't make a bunch of money, but I do have time. I think that's right on the way to visit my daughter in Panama City FL.

ChuckJ

Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
mcsha is on a distinguished road
Great write up SM. Can't wait to see the spoiler.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:08 PM
ABC991 is on a distinguished road
New to this forum and loving this thread... Thank you! Just ordered my 991S Cab for European Delivery in July... Specs are finalized except for a decision on PDDC and exterior color (yellow or red, both with black top, black leather and matching seat belts/chrono) 6Speed has been incredibly helpful in helping me pick the options.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by ABC991
New to this forum and loving this thread... Thank you! Just ordered my 991S Cab for European Delivery in July... Specs are finalized except for a decision on PDDC and exterior color (yellow or red, both with black top, black leather and matching seat belts/chrono) 6Speed has been incredibly helpful in helping me pick the options.
Thanks. Go for the PDCC, I do not have it and regret it. You can see on some of the picture in the previous posts that there is a bit of body roll. Not to the point that it would be a serious issue though, but I think that there is a consensus to say that PDCC is worth the money.
Enjoy the car and the European Delivery!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 PM
rossd is on a distinguished road
SM its taken me two days to catch up..Your comments and passion is very infectious...Your car is the envy on the track no doubt, and so thoughtfully developed..
Have you considered any tint for your windows ? just wondering...I have an 991 CS coming in July and I have been making my notes like several others...
Thanks for all your contributions.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by rossd
SM its taken me two days to catch up..Your comments and passion is very infectious...Your car is the envy on the track no doubt, and so thoughtfully developed..
Have you considered any tint for your windows ? just wondering...I have an 991 CS coming in July and I have been making my notes like several others...
Thanks for all your contributions.
Thank you for your kind words.
Tint was one of my first mods. I went for 35% ceramic for side- and backlites.
I guess July will not come soon enough for you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal