SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:42 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
All very nice. Glad you are pleased with the springs. Hubs are nice attention to detail.

And whether you are driving or behind the camera, that is some great camerawork. So refreshing to see someone that takes care to film properly and take pride in their work. And for some reason, this shows the launch speed better than any other launch vid I have seen.

Last edited by fbroen; 05-21-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:50 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fbroen
All very nice. Glad you are pleased with the springs. Hubs are nice attention to detail.

And whether you are driving or behind the camera, that is some great camerawork. So refreshing to see someone that takes care to film properly and take pride in their work. And for some reason, this shows the launch speed better than any other launch vid I have seen.
Thanks very much! I have not checked on RL if the ship carrying your car had hit our coast yet but hope so for you!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:55 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
The SpeedART spoiler finally arrived at the shop today. It is very light and will need to be slightly touched up here and there but it should be fine. I'll have it installed Thursday. Meanwhile, it will be painted Carrara White, maybe with the inside part in black like SpeedART shows on their website if the paint shop can do a good paint tape job.

Here are 2 pics with the spoiler in low and hi positions:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7243527372/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7243521204/

Old 05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Can't wait to see that thing installed. Please post lots of pics. Looks very promising indeed. How does it go on, drill and through-bolted?

(PS Ocean Highway, and precious cargo, is still in the middle of the Atlantic.)

Old 05-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by fbroen
Can't wait to see that thing installed. Please post lots of pics. Looks very promising indeed. How does it go on, drill and through-bolted?

(PS Ocean Highway, and precious cargo, is still in the middle of the Atlantic.)
Can't wait either
The spoiler gets drill and through-bolted + silicon or some type of adhesive to get it nicely sealed. Should be a quick and easy install. I'll also have new brake pads installed at the same time. Will post a few iPhone pics Thursday night. Heading for the track on Friday

Old 05-22-2012, 06:19 AM
PBG-IN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
[B][U]
LED side markers
The dealership provided the clear markers and I re-used error-free LEDs I had bought for the Cayman
Could you elaborate on this? I want to get some for MY Candy White GTI but don't want the bulb out light and don't want to mess with VAGCOM. Do these require coding on the VW? Beautiful car BTW! I also Love white cars!

Edit: Never mind. I see they say on the site it will cause error codes on MKVI GTI....Dang!

Last edited by PBG-IN; 05-22-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Black and Silver center wheel caps

I was looking for black & silver wheel caps to complete the overal B&W theme of the car but could not find OEM parts. I found replicas from Maxspeed in Canada that look OK enough. Not perfect (see the "PORSCHE" letters alignment) but should be OK on the wheels. I'll check when I'll be back in town later this week...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7252870878/

Old 05-23-2012, 06:25 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
That should complement your car nicely!

ChuckJ

Old 05-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by KI Studios
I haven't checked this thread in the while. Your car is looking awesome!
I like how the tiny red "PORSCHE" on the number plates and the red seat belts accent the calipers. Just a bit of color to tie it all in without going over the top. Do you mind if I use your photos to update the old pics of your car on the KI Studios photo gallery?

Keep up the good work, and enjoy!
Thanks!
Feel free to use pics for your site. They should be available in full res on my Flickr account (SM_ATL photo stream).

Old 05-23-2012, 07:11 PM
masitr is on a distinguished road
I have a weakness for white cars. Great build so far keep up the good work.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:02 PM
SpeedART spoiler installed

Picked up the car tonight with the spoiler installed and took a few pics at the gas station with my iPhone. I'll do something more professional over the next few days

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7265075794/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7265074182/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7265074970/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7265074516/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/7265075362/

Old 05-24-2012, 09:37 PM
ReconTrojan is on a distinguished road
Love the spoiler, love it.

Hate the stickers, hate them.

Enjoy your car. Remember, less is more.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 AM
dethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud ofdethman has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
A few more pics...

I took a few more pics this week end for my own records and thought I would share them.

and with the sunroof open...

you know the scary thing about the sunroof pics is that it kinda looks like a balding guy in his 50's with a combover. just sayin...not a great look.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by ReconTrojan
Love the spoiler, love it.

Hate the stickers, hate them.

Enjoy your car. Remember, less is more.
Thanks A LOT for a honest and straightforward feedback! Stickers are indeed a 'sensitive' topic. For now, I am going for a 'track theme' on the car and I am personally OK (of course) with it. Over time, I'd probably go through other 'themes' (different wheels and aerodynamic appendices, stickers or not, bucket seats or stock, etc.).

Old 05-25-2012, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by dethman
you know the scary thing about the sunroof pics is that it kinda looks like a balding guy in his 50's with a combover. just sayin...not a great look.
I am not wearing a combover (yet) and would lose it anyhow with the sunroof open.
Not sure the 991 sunroof looks so bad as I like it better made of one large piece than the usual smaller rectangular part popping up. Truth be told, I would not have a sunroof if I had not bough the car of the dealer lot, but I am OK with it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal