SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gleek48
Where did you hard wire the radar detector to?

Do you have any pics of the wiring?
Did it myself and wired to the passenger side fusebox. Easy to do, no DIY's for the 991 but similar process as for any other car. The V1 comes with the cables to hardwire, you just need to buy a fuse circuit tap kit at your local Autozone for instance.
An independent shop will typically do this for $50-$100.

Hardwiring is a must if you want to keep the car's interior clean... and if you do not want to forget to turn on your radar detector (do not forget to use a switched fuse -that goes on and off with the car ignition-).

Have fun!

Old 02-18-2012, 10:22 AM
fixedupw203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks a lot for the info on the lights and the sirius! You are making the wait a little less painful!

Old 02-18-2012, 03:37 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Tint

Got tint done this week by Brian at Sun Tinting in Alpharetta (4th car they do for me, always a great job).
Went for 35% ceramic for side- and backlites, nothing on the windshield. Looks better, less heat during the Summer and a bit more privacy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6898860551/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6898859449/

Old 02-18-2012, 05:13 PM
PocoLoco is on a distinguished road
Looks absolutely amazing and please keep the updates coming.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Laser Jammer

I had it planned but should have done it before (see the previous post about the ticket I got this week).
I got a Blinder M27 X-treme installed today. Had it on my Cayman R too and it paid itself back quite rapidly.

Install is clean...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6898859915/
...and not too visible either (useful when traveling to certain states )
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6898861137/

Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 PM
porscheconvert is on a distinguished road
The wheels are mesmorizing! I cant take my eyes off them! I have been tentative on the new body, but this has changed me.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:17 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Just gotta say "thank you" for putting the time into this post!!

It makes me want one even more....

I am off to look under my couch cushions for some change to put into the "991-fund"!!

Thanks again!!!---john

Old 02-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by JohnM
Just gotta say "thank you" for putting the time into this post!!
To be honest, I do it for my own pleasure
Also, there is no other petrolhead in my family, so this is a good way for me to get feedback or suggestions. Finally, the little I know, I learned it from following other people's similar kind of threads.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
The dealership informed me that spare parts are not yet available, so the Porsche factory is going to send a complete new stopwatch assembly!!! This sounds crazy for a small trim part that may not cost more than a couple of bucks, but hey, it's their choice
From my experience with dash problems on 997 GT3 I would not agree with the dealer taking my entire dash out to get the new stopwatch installed. The noises I had to endure after they "fixed" another problem drove me crazy and I decided to get a GT3 RS.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by BlackBear
From my experience with dash problems on 997 GT3 I would not agree with the dealer taking my entire dash out to get the new stopwatch installed. The noises I had to endure after they "fixed" another problem drove me crazy and I decided to get a GT3 RS.
Fair point. From what I have seen the 'stopwatch module' is now being dropped from the top and clicks into the dashboard which would not require to take the entire dashboard out anymore. I'll double check though. Thanks for the heads up!

Old 02-19-2012, 02:51 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
wow, getting better and better!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Porsche Stripes...

I like the stripes on the original 911R:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6862541559/
and how they had been featured on my previous Cayman R:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6053755184/
I would like to personalize my 911S a bit more and give it a slightly more sporty look. I am thinking about doing something like this (sorry about the poor quality photoshop, wrong Porsche fonts, etc...):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6916990211/
Not sure I want to spoil the purity of the 991 lines though. I'll probably give it a try and see what it looks like for real...
Meanwhile, any feedback would be welcome

Old 02-21-2012, 10:11 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
I love those stripes. Plan on trying it on mine (whenever it gets here after April ED).

This is another hack photoshop job, but perhaps a bit closer in scale, of what I have in mind:

Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
I don't think the stripes would work well on your car. Having said that, it currently looks superb. The tint and wheels really complement the white.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Porsche Stripes...

I like the stripes on the original 911R:

and how they had been featured on my previous Cayman R:

I would like to personalize my 911S a bit more and give it a slightly more sporty look. I am thinking about doing something like this (sorry about the poor quality photoshop, wrong Porsche fonts, etc...):

Not sure I want to spoil the purity of the 991 lines though. I'll probably give it a try and see what it looks like for real...
Meanwhile, any feedback would be welcome

put black wheels (like on the Cayman above) on and i dig it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal