SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:20 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
The car looked great before the tint, now it's amazing. I also like the laser jammer. What does the policeman see when he shoots you?

ChuckJ

Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
What does the policeman see when he shoots you?
Here's what he sees:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6919368677/
OK, this is inappropriate and I am just kidding of course (my father and grandfather were police officers BTW).

The 'Blinder' jams the laser gun for 7 seconds while an alarm goes off inside the car, leaving you time to "check if you are driving at a legal speed (or adjust your speed if needed)". After the 7 seconds, the policeman will get a reading of your actual speed. After one minute, the system resets itself and is ready to jam again.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:23 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fbroen
I love those stripes. Plan on trying it on mine (whenever it gets here after April ED)
I got in touch with Kyle @ http://www.kistudios.com/ and he will get me a set of "R" stripes by the end of the week. They will be the same size and specs as for the Cayman R.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60293300@N06/6773252536/
We'll see how to goes.
I agree about the fact that black wheels would be great, but 1/I do not want to invest in new wheels now and 2/I'd be afraid to ruin the new Carrera S 20" wheels by powder coating them. Maybe one day...

Last edited by SM_ATL; 02-21-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:27 PM
warnica is on a distinguished road
I'd say, it is a pretty car as is. Enjoy it for a while....

Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by warnica
I'd say, it is a pretty car as is. Enjoy it for a while....
Got you, but I have this virus that will not let me rest until the car is 'perfect' (for my own taste). There are a few more cosmetic things that I have in mind -nothing over the top- and that I would like to get completed in the short term (like black rear view mirrors covers, 5 mm OEM spacers, 'S' spoiler lip, Porsche crest armrest... maybe even red seat belts-not sure about this one-).

Just want to make her even more beautiful for her first track event on 3/3

Old 02-21-2012, 08:37 PM
warnica is on a distinguished road
Well....keep us posted, have been enjoying your every move.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
I have a white 991 coming in with platinum painted S wheels and was thinking of doing the exact same thing (except platinum colored). I will be very interested in seeing the end result.

What kind of shops do this install work? Clear Bra shops?

Thanks!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:51 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
r 7 seconds while an alarm goes off inside the car, leaving you time to "check if you are driving at a legal speed (or adjust your speed if needed)". After the 7 seconds, the policeman will get a reading of your actual speed. After one minute, the system resets itself and is ready to jam again.
Who did your blinder install? Is it a reasonable DIY? I ask because I seriously don't trust any "CarToys" type 19 year old kids running wire around the creases in my car - and tinkering with my fuse box.

I'll never forget the time I went into an install shop and saw some college age employees working on a brand new Lotus and they had basically the entire interior pulled apart - carpet and door panels and they were installing stereo equip. I would never.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 AM
carcommander will become famous soon enough
Car is a really clean design. I would not put stripes on it. But that's just me.

Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 AM
the2thdr has a spectacular aura aboutthe2thdr has a spectacular aura about
Absolutely gorgeous. Love it as is, but I understand the illness...lol.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Sinan is on a distinguished road
I had the same trouble with the SiriusXM representatives over the phone when I wanted to activate my Panamera's and GTR's radios. They have the same data features and the rep kept saying "no your radio does not have data features". What you want to insist on is you want the "XM Select with XM NavTraffic® + XM NavWeather™" package. I copy pasted this from my account page. This enables the NBA/NFL scores, stock info, weather and traffic. Good luck!

Originally Posted by SM_ATL
SiriusXM service

SiriusXM's customer service is a good example of why (quasi)-monopolies are bad: companies do not need to care or help, you have no choice but go to them if you need the product they sell.
Traffic and Weather data on the 991's PCM works with SiriusXM only and here's my story so far:
  • when I goth the car, the 3 months free trial started… but only for the radio
  • The dealer called SiriusXM to extend the trial to traffic and weather but the response was 'no Sir, the owner needs to purchase the service'
  • I called SiriusXM for 40 minutes and the response was then that my vehicle was only able to receive radio, but no data. This is of course totally wrong...
  • The SiriusXM service rep could only 'open a trouble ticket' so that someone from their technical department would call me within 10 (TEN!!!) days to try to resolve this
  • Explaining this to my dealer, he tried to help by calling SiriusXM again with absolutely no succes… and a discussion with a rep that was far from courteous

In total, we are already up to 1hour and 30 minutes of phone communication with SiriusXM and no progress after a few days. The fact that I was already a SiriusXM customer did not make anything easier or give them any further sense of urgency.
I hope that the next generation of PCM will get data and Pandora services from a cellphone type of signal so that I can happily cancel my SiriusXM subscription

Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on SiriusXM reps. It's like have a discussion on quantum mechanics with a first grader. No wait, you'd have a better chance with the first grader.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Adam2S will become famous soon enough
I take it that you know Porsche are releasing "Decorative Side Logo" from 03/12. The description in the price list says "Decorative side stripes with "Carrera" / "Carrera S" logo in Meteor Grey and styling stripes in black, red, yellow or silver.

Order code is CMX.

Unfortunately there are no pictures yet in the brochures.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:08 PM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car!

Old 02-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Fortress55 is on a distinguished road
Do you have a direct side shot of your car with the spoiler up?
Thanks, your car looks great!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal