SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal

Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Bummer! You hadn't left your lane so how could you be responsible for cutting him off!! Did you take note of any other witnesses who might have seen the incident? Good luck with everything.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Eyewitness accounts have been proven to be totally unreliable and the guy who claimed you cut the van off is probably convinced in what he believes even though he's dead wrong. Hope he's as big a ****** as he seems and doesn't make a police report naming you as the cause of the accident. Even then, assuming the van driver isn't seriously injured, chances are he or she will verify the accuracy of what happened and discredit the jerk.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:34 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by handfull
Bummer! You hadn't left your lane so how could you be responsible for cutting him off!! Did you take note of any other witnesses who might have seen the incident? Good luck with everything.
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Eyewitness accounts have been proven to be totally unreliable and the guy who claimed you cut the van off is probably convinced in what he believes even though he's dead wrong. Hope he's as big a ****** as he seems and doesn't make a police report naming you as the cause of the accident. Even then, assuming the van driver isn't seriously injured, chances are he or she will verify the accuracy of what happened and discredit the jerk.
Yes, that's how I see it too. There is no evidence of any kind, no other eyewitness (it happened very quickly -and i could not even see what has happened in my mirrors), nobody stopped, etc. and my car is intact. If I had cut him off, he would most probably have hit me. The fact that he did not hit me confirms that I was still behind him on another lane. The jerk who called me names is the kind of hater who may have called to police, but even then, it is his word against mine and he won't be able to deny he was hundreds of yards behind me.

I'll get back to something more entertaining and do a few adjustments to my exhaust tonight

Old 07-31-2013, 03:52 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
One of the many reasons there are so many in-car videos in Russia.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
That sucks... hope everything works out, Serge. Was the driver of the van insured? And I agree, the dude in the pickup truck should've helped and called 911.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:30 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 998M
One of the many reasons there are so many in-car videos in Russia.
Serge,

Maybe you need to start using your GOPRO on your DD to work.

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about the incident, Serge. Hope everything works out okay.

ChuckJ

Old 08-03-2013, 04:13 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Thanks to you all for your kind words. So far have not heard back from the police. Anyway, I am not losing my sleep on this.

Quick funny anecdote from this morning. I went to the dealership as an 'interim service' message had appeared, not even one week after an oil change and full reset of the system. This was probably just a minor glitch and a tech fixed it in a couple of minutes. His first attempt failed though and he explained that sometimes the PIWIS does not work great with the English settings. He switched to the German settings and... immediate and complete success.

So, if you want your 991 to do exactly what you want, talk German to her, she'll like it

Old 08-03-2013, 04:49 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Thanks to you all for your kind words. So far have not heard back from the police. Anyway, I am not losing my sleep on this.

Quick funny anecdote from this morning. I went to the dealership as an 'interim service' message had appeared, not even one week after an oil change and full reset of the system. This was probably just a minor glitch and a tech fixed it in a couple of minutes. His first attempt failed though and he explained that sometimes the PIWIS does not work great with the English settings. He switched to the German settings and... immediate and complete success.

So, if you want your 991 to do exactly what you want, talk German to her, she'll like it
Danke.

Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Danke.
Bitteschön!

Old 08-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Serge, I just read up on this thread and am sorry to hear about the shenanigans regarding the van. I hope all this works of fine and the truth prevails. Apart from this single "eyewitness" did you or anyone else go back and really see the accident?

Old 08-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Haku
Serge, I just read up on this thread and am sorry to hear about the shenanigans regarding the van. I hope all this works of fine and the truth prevails. Apart from this single "eyewitness" did you or anyone else go back and really see the accident?
This was at the rush hour and going all the way back on the freeway would have taken an hour... and I had 30 associates waiting for me in a meeting. Since the police told me they were already on their way and that things were under control I left it there and told them to contact me if necessary.

Old 08-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
I'm assuming that if there was anything really serious they would have contacted you by now. Fingers crossed for you Serge.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Follow up on FVD valved X-pipe

I have had the FVD valved X-pipe in place for a few days. It sounds amazing in loud mode (much deeper sound at low rpm, F1-like at high rpm). My concern is that after break in, even the 'quiet' mode is still fairly loud.

In brief:
-quiet mode = a bit louder than PSE (after a few days break in. Seemed much more quiet right after the install)
-loud mode = WOW!

Here is a short videoclip with the exhaust in loud mode between 12 and 1 on Road Atlanta:

The fact of the matter is that the quiet mode is still too loud for me. I am using the car as a daily driver and like to 'cruise' on 500 miles trips.
I'll probably end up selling the X-pipe. You can always PM me if you are interested.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
That is one of the reasons I will be selling my Mustang. It has Ford racing parts from the manifold on back and it sounds GREAT when you start it up. It sounds great for 5 minutes. Then, it is just too much noise for a DD - and it has no off switch! For me, the C2S without PSE is plenty for the ears when you want it and not too intrusive when you are cruising.

Last edited by AG991; 08-05-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: typos

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SM_ATL's Carrera S Journal