New 991... squeaks and rattles, hood issue?

Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Katera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really niceKatera is just really nice
New gen bugs. Happens every time.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Are you talking about the Porsche Communications Management system?

ChuckJ
Nope, the buttons that control sport mode, sunroof etc. crazy right?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
Nope, the buttons that control sport mode, sunroof etc. crazy right?
that's scary

Old 04-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Check this out, it went out when i sat in the car to open the sunroof right before i left the servicebay. I ran back inside and complained, the service manager was dumbfounded and even resorted to hitting the console (lightly) with her fist haha. At least she apologized, prob one of the techs screwed something up.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:08 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Does anyone still have the trunk opening while washing the car issue or was that problem fixed?

ChuckJ

Old 03-28-2014, 05:21 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone still have the trunk opening while washing the car issue or was that problem fixed?

ChuckJ
Chuck,

If my key is inside the car while I wash it, the frunk won't open and the car won't make the buzzing noises every time you hit the front crest area or the door handles. My car does have comfort access or whatever Porsche calls it.

Old 03-28-2014, 05:53 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone still have the trunk opening while washing the car issue or was that problem fixed? ChuckJ
Mine still does it. I'm not concerned. I just set the key down with my towels while I wash so it doesn't open.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:18 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute

ChuckJ

I do, but I didn't think it was a problem (merely a design flaw).

I figured that water is acting as a conductor and closing a loop to the frunk sensor, causing it to open.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:23 AM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 991_Omaha
I wanted to get a coat of wax on it before the 500 mile drive for clear bra install (bugs and stuff). I'm shooting across rural Iowa to Chicago and the bugs there are the size of quarters, lol. I also used this awesome wax called Pinnacle Souveran. The stuff is amazing. The dealer didn't tell me not wax it or anything. I figured the clear bra installer will take the wax off the areas I'm putting the bra on so I'd hit it again after the clear bra install to make sure its 100% covered.
Souveran is a very nice "show" wax - super easy to apply & remove. There is a tendency for it to collect dirt and dust a bit more than some other choices. The biggest drawback to Souveran is that it doesn't last more than 2-4 weeks - hence the reference to "show" wax. If I may, here's a few other choices to consider.
Collinite 845 - last 6-8 mos and great as a base coat. If you want to layer on top, it works great. You apply to the entire car and let it haze for 1 hour - then use a MF towel to buff off.
P21 100% Carnauba - a paste wax that yields a great glossy finish that's easy to use. You work one panel at a time.
Wolfgang Fuzion - a hybrid mixture that's super easy on & off. Try the small sample size first. One panel at a time but truly one of the easiest waxes to remove
BlackFire Crystal Seal - WOWA (wipe on walk away) sealant that is a high tech version of a spray wax. This stuff is a must imo. Lasts about 3 mos but only takes about 15 minutes to do the entire car. Jams, frunk lids, door sils, headlights - I wouldn't be without this product.
Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant-outstanding performer and last 6-8 mos. Best applied by a DA with a finishng pad. Let is haze for 1 hr then remove. Wears like iron.
Auto Finesse Illusion - carnauba wax that last about 3 mos. Best gloss of any of the above. One of my favorites. Apply to entire car, let haze for 10 minutes then remove. Great look especially on the lighter paint colors.
Optimum Spray Wax - as the name implies, its WOWO (wipe on wipe off) and lasts around 4-5 mos. Great for touch ups and to recoat the lower extremities. There are guys that use this exclusively with great success.
Pinnacle Signature Series II. If you like Souveran, you'll like this one. Half the price and lasts much longer. Also not the dust magnet like Souveran. Work one panel at a time.

I will confess to being a detail nut and a carnauba junkie - terrible disease but hopefully you can find something I've listed worth trying. I also mentioned the application method for each since that has a huge effect on your "experience" with the product. In the end the gloss is achieved by cleaning the paint properly and polishing to remove all swirls & micro-marring. Any questions feel free to send me a pm - would be glad to help.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:40 AM
CarreraS737 will become famous soon enoughCarreraS737 will become famous soon enough
Congratulations on the car 991 Omaha.

The issues you are having are common.

1. There is a whole thread on the "brown spots in clearcoat" thread on this forum that many of us have. It is a factory defect. Is your car a 2015? Most of the affected were 2013/2014. PCNA is well aware of it, and I certainly would hope they had it corrected by now.

2. The rattles with roof, headliner, door panel inserts, door/console switches are also common. There are fixes that require felt insulation beneath the panels, replacing faulty clips, adding velcro, etc.

I really like the car, but agree it's pretty inexcusable that a car with a price tag North of 120K would come with these sort of issues. Is it the parts, or a little too much beer on the factory assembly line?

Most are remedied after several trips to the dealer.

Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Horn just went. Found out while getting a tech inspection for track day.

The squeaks I'm over. They are there and keep coming back. I only hear them when the wife's in the car, otherwise the exhaust covers it. Life's too short to keep worrying about the noises.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:29 PM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CarreraS737
Congratulations on the car 991 Omaha.

The issues you are having are common.

1. There is a whole thread on the "brown spots in clearcoat" thread on this forum that many of us have. It is a factory defect. Is your car a 2015? Most of the affected were 2013/2014. PCNA is well aware of it, and I certainly would hope they had it corrected by now.

2. The rattles with roof, headliner, door panel inserts, door/console switches are also common. There are fixes that require felt insulation beneath the panels, replacing faulty clips, adding velcro, etc.

I really like the car, but agree it's pretty inexcusable that a car with a price tag North of 120K would come with these sort of issues. Is it the parts, or a little too much beer on the factory assembly line?

Most are remedied after several trips to the dealer.
Hey Carerra, regarding the brown spots do u know if this been resolved and if so, how were the problems solved with cars determined to have this issue? Was a professional detailer able to polish the spot(s) out or are they actually under the clearcoat on the painted surface?

Old 03-28-2014, 01:08 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dux
I do, but I didn't think it was a problem (merely a design flaw).

I figured that water is acting as a conductor and closing a loop to the frunk sensor, causing it to open.
I wouldn't even consider it a design flaw, it's just the limitation on the technology used.. I suppose if it was perceived as a problem it could be solved by placing a proximity sensor or something in the bumper to validate the frunk unlatch.. But why bother..

That said I find the entire Keylines ignition / entry implementation a fragile and awkward concept anyway. I think the day I want it is when I don't need a key but could have a prox card or something that I can just keep in my wallet or better yet incorporate some biometics/fingerprint like on my iphone. As it is now, you need a key, you just don't have to mechanically use it.. And I don't consider that keyless or more convent (not arguing that one hear again, lol as I know others have strong opposte views, just my opinion after having several cars and all of them irritating me with keyless.)