What are ur thoughts on valveless Brombacher exhaust system on Carrera S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Question What are ur thoughts on valveless Brombacher exhaust system on Carrera S?

For those with the Carrera S and looking at the Brombacher exhaust system (mufflers only), heres the way I see it why the valveless system would be better. The valveless muffler system is lighter (no valves) and much simpler than the valved system which mimics the factory exhaust. But the way I see it, other than keeping it quieter during idling, is having the valves really that important? Horse power gains seem to be the same with the valved/non valved plus the non valved is significantly priced lower. You would just have to cap off the vacuum line going to the factory system. What do you guys think?

Last edited by Neil Mccauley; 04-19-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:00 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
I ordered PSE. Why? I spoke with Sharkwerks and asked about aftermarket exhausts for the 991 and he inferred that they aren't even messing with a prototype for this because the stock and PSE are just that damn good...

Plus the PSE is a bargain compared to the other stuff. I'm sure they're great quality but is it worth the extra expense? To me it's not.

My 2 cents.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Neil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the roughNeil Mccauley is a jewel in the rough
Mine didnt come with pse, can it be retrofitted?

Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
Mine didnt come with pse, can it be retrofitted?
Yup. Talk to your local dealer.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:03 PM
flynpch is on a distinguished road
Retrofit PSE

If you can go to the dealer and get PSE installed what does that encompass? Does it mean removing the whole exhaust. Is there a way to bypass the standard exhaust so it is always in the "sport" mode with no switch or valves?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by flynpch
If you can go to the dealer and get PSE installed what does that encompass? Does it mean removing the whole exhaust. Is there a way to bypass the standard exhaust so it is always in the "sport" mode with no switch or valves?
From what I can see, you'll have to get the activation button installed on the console thats for sure. I dont know if the harness is already in there, if not they'll have to install it. If its around 3-4k I'd rather take the factory PSE since you won't ever have to worry about warranty issues. Plus it takes up another space off your console blanks. As far as your question, if you use this brombacher exhaust without the valves, it will pretty much always been in "loud" mode.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR
I ordered PSE. Why? I spoke with Sharkwerks and asked about aftermarket exhausts for the 991 and he inferred that they aren't even messing with a prototype for this because the stock and PSE are just that damn good...

Plus the PSE is a bargain compared to the other stuff. I'm sure they're great quality but is it worth the extra expense? To me it's not.

My 2 cents.
Perfectly agree. PSE is nicely loud when you want it to be and aftermarket exhaust usually have a very poor hp/$ ratio (at least @ Brombacher prices).
Will probably get a new software when it will be available and may do a couple of other things, but I'll stick to my PSE.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Neil Mccauley
From what I can see, you'll have to get the activation button installed on the console thats for sure. I dont know if the harness is already in there, if not they'll have to install it. If its around 3-4k I'd rather take the factory PSE since you won't ever have to worry about warranty issues. Plus it takes up another space off your console blanks. As far as your question, if you use this brombacher exhaust without the valves, it will pretty much always been in "loud" mode.
Suncoast will have it but i bet it will be about a year to get it. that is how long it took for the 997.2 sport exhaust to get there.

mine didn't have PSE either, so if i still like the car in a year, Suncoast it will be.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR
Yup. Talk to your local dealer.
I called the dealer, the parts department says its not available yet, not for awhile they say

Old 04-21-2012, 01:26 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Has anyone performed the Gundo hack on a stock 991 exhaust yet? If so, that's the cheapest option.