Tire Cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:13 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Tire Cost

Has anyone found an S rear tire for less than $500? That sounds pretty expensive to me.

Chuck

Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Has anyone found an S rear tire for less than $500? That sounds pretty expensive to me.

Chuck
Tire Rack is showing Michelin PSS in 295/30ZR20 for only $366!!! Seems too low to be true. I replaced my Pirelli's by PSS's last week and they are way better than the OE Pzero's.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 AM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Yes...tire rack seems to have a wide range prices in that size. The OEM are about $600 but there are others brands lower.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:21 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Tire Rack is showing Michelin PSS in 295/30ZR20 for only $366!!! Seems too low to be true. I replaced my Pirelli's by PSS's last week and they are way better than the OE Pzero's.
If that's the case then the PSS is a no brainer!

I've had the PSS on my current car for a year now and am extremely happy with them. I would buy them again in an instant.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:35 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
If that's the case then the PSS is a no brainer!

I've had the PSS on my current car for a year now and am extremely happy with them. I would buy them again in an instant.
I've used Michelin tires for a long time because I find they are more round and thus run smoother. And they are quieter than many also. But I drove the Pirelli tires on the 991 and they were just as good. I guess we'll have to wait 20,000 miles and see what's available.

ChuckJ

Old 05-18-2012, 06:51 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
I've used Michelin tires for a long time because I find they are more round and thus run smoother. And they are quieter than many also. But I drove the Pirelli tires on the 991 and they were just as good. I guess we'll have to wait 20,000 miles and see what's available.

ChuckJ
Go easy on the gas pedal for 20,000 miles, Chuck. 6,000 miles + 4 days at the track and my Pirelli's were only good for 1-2 more track days or a couple thousand miles on the street. Hence why I moved to the PSS early and put the Pzero's back on my OEM wheels.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 AM
cayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant future
I have not shopped from tire rack before, so just wondering.... If you buy from tire rack, then how do you install the tires on your wheels?

Old 05-18-2012, 09:59 AM
function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !function12 Is a GOD !
You might check your local P dealer. Mine will beat tire rack prices and I don't have to pay shipping. $40 a tire to mount them.
As to tire rack. They do list shops that will mount your tires. They will even allow you to ship the tires directly to them.
I have done it both ways.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:59 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cayenne958
I have not shopped from tire rack before, so just wondering.... If you buy from tire rack, then how do you install the tires on your wheels?
You can buy from them and have them shipped directly to one of their authorized tire shops (or any other that you choose) for mounting.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cayenne958
You take it to one of their recommended installers and pay for the install. One way around this is to go to America's Tire / Discount Tire locally - and get them to price match Tire Rack. You have to include the price of shipping also. I got my Ventus V12's at Tire Rack prices from Discount tire - still cheaper than what they had as their list price!

Old 05-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Go easy on the gas pedal for 20,000 miles, Chuck. 6,000 miles + 4 days at the track and my Pirelli's were only good for 1-2 more track days or a couple thousand miles on the street. Hence why I moved to the PSS early and put the Pzero's back on my OEM wheels.
My track days are probably past, but I enjoy seeing videos of how you guys are doing and I appreciate the skill shown.

ChuckJ

Old 05-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
the bigger the wheel, the bigger the price.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:09 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Check out the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti...a 295/30ZR20 for $228!

http://www.groupawheels.com/Catalog....8-cdac65cbb6e6

I

Old 05-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Wow, does anyone have any experience with these?

ChuckJ

Old 05-20-2012, 05:16 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
The tire was just introduced last month so I wonder if the dealers even have a full inventory. I am on the Vredestein Sessantas and have no complaints.

http://www.vredestein.com/autobanden...marques-monaco