Glass Sunroof Production Delay?

Old 06-26-2012, 08:07 AM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sammy72
they ran out of glass......

All I can say is that mine works perfectly, even in a huge rainstrom

I'd wait the extra 6 wks.

I have images ready to post but the wifi is so weak in this Castello that it lacks the bw necessary to send a post with photos. Maybe if I try in the common area....

Spyder

Old 06-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Sammy72 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TSpyder

All I can say is that mine works perfectly, even in a huge rainstrom

I'd wait the extra 6 wks.

I have images ready to post but the wifi is so weak in this Castello that it lacks the bw necessary to send a post with photos. Maybe if I try in the common area....

Spyder
Would love to see the photos!!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 AM
SussexBedouin is on a distinguished road
Delay confirmed

Just got the call from my dealer. 991S scheduled for July 9 build has been delayed due to glass sunroof. Being given vague August/September build, although I hope to nail that down soon.

Not sure what to do but am inclined to wait as I think it would be a great feature.

Spyder, your killing us. Those of us who have not seen the roof except in the configurator are dying to see the pictures. Help us out here.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 AM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
OK fellas, here they are. Sorry for the delay, but getting these from camera to iPad, edit in photogenie, then upload using photobucket app, and finally copying html for each image is a real PITA. Not to mention that Wifey thinks that she is on vacation.

Anyway, first up is the 991 illegally parked at the entrance of a midevil town on the Swiss/French border...

Since you're all interested in the s/r, essentially the same shot with it open...

A different perspective. Note that I have the 5mm spacers...

Arriving at the Chateau in style...

A pit stop in France...

And, finally at the Castello in Italy where we're currently staying...

BTW, I was mistaken in an earlier post when I wrote that the shade that blocks the glass s/r does not have a one-touch open/close feature. I was just holding the button down too long the first few times. It is indeed a one-touch operation.

Cheers,

Spyder

Last edited by TSpyder; 06-27-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
OK fellas, here they are. Sorry for the delay, but getting these from camera to iPad, edit in photogenie, then upload using photobucket app, and finally copying html for each image is a real PITA. Not to mention that Wifey thinks that she is on vacation.

Anyway, first up is the 991 illegally parked at the entrance of a midevil town on the Swiss/French border...

Since you're all interested in the s/r, essentially the same shot with it open...

A different perspective. Note that I have the 5mm spacers...

Arriving at the Chateau in style...

A pit stop in France...

And, finally at the Castello in Italy where we're currently staying...

BTW, I was mistaken in an earlier post when I wrote that the shade that blocks the glass s/r does not have a one-touch open/close feature. I was just holding the button down too long the first few times. It is indeed a one-touch operation.

Cheers,

Spyder
Great looking car and I'm jealous of your trip!! I spent a few years in Europe on the autobahn and it's a great experience!

Very nice choice of lettering (since mine's the same).

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 06-27-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the pics Spyder

And be sure to thank the Mrs.

Boy that Blue really pops in the sun!

Would appreciate some pics from the interior, especially now we have to wait longer to see it in real life.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Z356 has a spectacular aura aboutZ356 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry, that town doesn't look very mid-evil...maybe beginnings-evil! Lucky you were not around in the actual Medieval times or off with your head, pilgrim, for such a verbal slight!

The car looks terrific. Need better shots of just the glass sunroof from interior looking up!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Vail Valley, CO

Old 06-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Z356
Sorry, that town doesn't look very mid-evil...maybe beginnings-evil! Lucky you were not around in the actual Medieval times or off with your head, pilgrim, for such a verbal slight
It really sux when one can't even get close enough for spell check to save the day

Can't promise the interior shots until I return to the states. Spelling is the least of my problems posting images from an iPad.

Spyder

Old 06-27-2012, 03:16 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by SussexBedouin
Just got the call from my dealer. 991S scheduled for July 9 build has been delayed due to glass sunroof. Being given vague August/September build, although I hope to nail that down soon.

Not sure what to do but am inclined to wait as I think it would be a great feature.

Spyder, your killing us. Those of us who have not seen the roof except in the configurator are dying to see the pictures. Help us out here.
I had the same build date and it was pushed back to July 14? Call the dealer...

Old 06-27-2012, 03:20 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Is this the Dark Blue?

Old 06-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by m5_2010
Is this the Dark Blue?
Yes, dark blue metallic. IMO looks far better in the bright sun than in the shade...or at night.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
mojocowboy is on a distinguished road
Crazy cool!

Thx TSpyder

Old 06-28-2012, 06:26 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Yes, dark blue metallic. IMO looks far better in the bright sun than in the shade...or at night.
And it's translucent?

ChuckJ

Old 06-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Delay confirmed

Originally Posted by m5_2010
I had the same build date and it was pushed back to July 14? Call the dealer...
I did follow up with the dealer. Porsche Great Britain are not being forthcoming. Apparently no info coming out of Germany. Porsche GB are saying one month delay, but still not giving me a specific build date.

Salesman did tell me that he cannot even select the glass sunroof option on his "dealer configurator" although it can still be selected on the customer configurator on the Porsche web site.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Sammy72 is on a distinguished road
love it. so did you do a euro delivery? fantastic trip and really wish i could do the same for mine but unfortunately couldnt get away from work.

i think the blue is too dark to really notice the glass sunroof; one would need to get a light coloured car to really accentuate the lines.

having said that, for me i ordered to glass sunroof (with agate grey)so i can get a lighter interior.

enjoy the ride!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glass Sunroof Production Delay?