991 recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hlee1169
Got my car back today. All open campaigns completed except WC28, where they found front and rear A/C lines are leaking, and parts need to be ordered, so I will take the car back again on Monday. I need the car for a DE event this weekend, so I did not leave the car with the dealer.

On a side note, the dealer uses Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 European Fully Synthetic oil for my oil change. I always thought Mobil 1 0W-40 is the recommended oil. Anyway, the 991 took 7.5 liters, or about 8 quarts, and the dealer charges $94.50 for them, about $11.8/quart! Wow, more expensive than the Mobil 1 0W-40. Anyone has experience with these?

Two bottles of ATE Blue comes to $90 too. Next time I am getting my own.
$11.80? wow; Mobil 1 0-40 is $6.50 at Walmart. I changed my own.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM
hlee1169 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jdsc
Where are you going for service in NorCal?
Stevens Creek Porsche, which is only 5 min drive from my house.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 PM
fixedupw203 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dropped my car off after repeated issues with the Easy Entry and Drive (Key not recognized) and also fault of the engine control or something along those lines. Dropped it off yesterday morning and I am hoping I get it back tomorrow. They stuck me in an entry boxster and I wasn't too pleased about it but it's better than the corolla they initially wanted to give me.

Apparently my dealership doesn't give our porsche's for service related issues.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 PM
hlee1169 will become famous soon enough
My dealer also read the "key not recognized" messages from the onboard diagnostics, and checked everything and could not find any fault. Their advice is, "do not put the key next to the center console as it might interfere". Of course I always kept the key in my pocket. Oh well...

Old 09-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fixedupw203
Dropped my car off after repeated issues with the Easy Entry and Drive (Key not recognized) and also fault of the engine control or something along those lines. Dropped it off yesterday morning and I am hoping I get it back tomorrow. They stuck me in an entry boxster and I wasn't too pleased about it but it's better than the corolla they initially wanted to give me.

A Boxster is a decent loaner. I had a Cayenne Hybrid when my 991 was in for recall work.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:37 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by fixedupw203

my keyless entry and some electrical issues and my car has been in to service for more than 3 times. even after replacing ecu, sensors, wiring harness PCNA and the factory still can't figure out what's wrong. could this be a lemon?

Old 09-21-2012, 04:39 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
tachyon-- Maybe. If it continues, it is likely to come down to how much it bothers you. My experience with BMW and P is that for non-safety, non it-just-doesn't-work-at-all problems if they can't fix it (or blame it on driver "abuse") they will just want you to go away (to see if you really will go after them legally). IF this is a big enough issue for you continue to take it in every time there is an issue, make them give you back a service sheet each time, keep your own record of each visit and what the (repeat) problem is. When it gets well past the lemon law frequency or number of different items as determined by law start after them with the lemon discussion, they have diminished the economic value of the car by not fixing the issue but leaving a trail of open issue documentation, etc. Good luck, these sporadic electrical issues can be a real nuisance.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:08 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
The lemon law is a life saver:
1. Document the three times that the dealership tried to fix the same problem
2. See the warranty book to see how to start a case with an arbitrator (don't take it to court first).

ChuckJ

Old 09-21-2012, 06:20 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Lightbulb Lemon's in Los Angeles?

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
The lemon law is a life saver:
1. Document the three times that the dealership tried to fix the same problem
2. See the warranty book to see how to start a case with an arbitrator (don't take it to court first).

ChuckJ
Great Advice, and what a life saver that law is...

In an attempt to appease domestic auto manufacturers, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) stopped issuing a press release for each automotive safety recall in 1981 (WallStreet Journal, August 24, 1981). This policy change has potential harmful affects on public access torecall information since press releases serve as the primary source of recall information for newspapers1.

If you want further reading:>>Here<<

Last edited by See U n Rear View; 09-21-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 06:02 PM
rgreenberg is on a distinguished road
2012.5 991

Havent had any problem's w my 2012.5 991
Knock on wood

Old 04-23-2014, 10:36 AM
991Agate is on a distinguished road
I think I have a similar leak issue. Can you tell me when your car was built? Is it a 2012 or 2013 991?
Thanks!!