Things I Dislike About My New 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SLVR_BULLIT
I have also disengaged my auto start/stop. It is an unproven technology against the MTBF (mean time between failure) of the starter. If the purpose is to save gas, I would much rather put a few extra $0.02 in to the tank than replace the starter.
I don't really care for it myself, as it is a bit disconcerting with a manual (did I just stall the car?), but you can hardly call it "unproven technology". Cylinder deactivation and start/stop technologies have been around since the 60's.

The fuel mpg increase is pretty good. With it disabled and in sport mode, I get around 10mpg around town and about 18mpg on the highway according to the trip computer. 10mpg is pretty bad...

Old 01-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Detroit Shooter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BnB
Rainier, the Italian beauty may at times surprise you with her passion and fire, but she is more likely to infuriate, exhaust and frustrate you for weeks at a time.

The German hotty meanwhile will consistently and reliably delight with her uncomplicated willingness to please and perform. She'll get hot for you every day of the week, and can carry your kids and the shopping.
Yes and she can be a dirty dirty girl too.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rainier
It's like just having married this perfect, faultless, blond German girl but you start peeking at that pretty Italian beauty sitting at the bar...
Originally Posted by BnB
Rainier, the Italian beauty may at times surprise you with her passion and fire, but she is more likely to infuriate, exhaust and frustrate you for weeks at a time.

The German hotty meanwhile will consistently and reliably delight with her uncomplicated willingness to please and perform. She'll get hot for you every day of the week, and can carry your kids and the shopping.
Originally Posted by Alan
I prefer a threesome - hot German blond and Italian beauty - that's why I chose the V10 R8 over the 991
Originally Posted by Detroit Shooter
Yes and she can be a dirty dirty girl too.
Guys slightly off topic but do your other halves know the perverted state of your mind? Crikey! These are just cars!

Ok back on topic... The only thing I don't like about my car is the coldness of the wheels when I'm snuggled up in the garage with her... erm it!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Haku
Guys slightly off topic but do your other halves know the perverted state of your mind? Crikey! These are just cars!

Ok back on topic... The only thing I don't like about my car is the coldness of the wheels when I'm snuggled up in the garage with her... erm it!

The only thing I don't like about my 991 is... THAT I DON'T HAVE IT YET!!!

Old 01-14-2013, 01:37 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
1. The doors feel cheap compared to the 997.2. Every time I close them they slams. Try it on cars at the dealership.

2. Oil gauge - Requires you to drive now before it will reflect change.

3. Air pressure - Not as accurate as 997.2.

4. Mutli-function steering wheel - Can no longer control the central console.

5. Glass moonroof - No one can fix the squeak..... :-(

Old 01-14-2013, 02:47 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
I've had mine since April ...

Originally Posted by onapex
1. Unpainted lower mirror. The black unpainted lower mirror really stands out on a white 991. Why not just make it standard body color and add $500 to the MSRP? Reminds me of my 1980 Civic DX. I didn't order my 991, otherwise would have definitely gotten it painted. .
As you mentioned it is an option though my new 535ix with the M sport package has the same exact thing (that car is white) maybe it's a sportier look ..

2. Auto opening of front boot with Entry and Drive is not sensitive enough. I open the front quite often, seems like I need to really hold my hands over it. Wished it was more sensitive/quicker to open. .
I thought mine wasn't working well maybe this is just the way it is and it should be made more sensitive though it never fails to open when I am washing the car and the hose hits it while I have the keys in my pocket.

3. PCM gremlins. Love the Bluetooth AUX. Was working fine then suddenly the "AUX BT" option disappeared. Only saw DISC Jukebox AUX. I went into the options to make sure Bluetooth AUX was enabled (it was). My phone (Galaxy Note) said Bluetooth was connected, both for phone and media, but PCM wouldn't let me select AUX BT. Eventually after disconnecting and repairing a few times, the AUX BT option came back. Hopefully this is not a sign of future gremlins.

Think that's about all my dislikes.
I go through the same thing with my Iphone though it is usually when I am using the bluetooth and then I leave the car and then come back later the AUX BT disappears though I think the latest update I had on my car might have fixed this.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid

The only thing I don't like about my 991 is... THAT I DON'T HAVE IT YET!!!

Tell me 'bout it!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 04:03 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by m5_2010
1. The doors feel cheap compared to the 997.2. Every time I close them they slams. Try it on cars at the dealership.

2. Oil gauge - Requires you to drive now before it will reflect change.

3. Air pressure - Not as accurate as 997.2.

4. Mutli-function steering wheel - Can no longer control the central console.

5. Glass moonroof - No one can fix the squeak..... :-(
I must disagree with you here...

1. The doors have a MUCH more solid feel than either the 997.1 or the 997.2. There is no hollow sound. They do not slam, you provide the energy to close them.

2. All that is required to get an accurate reading is that the engine is at operating temperature, same as the 997.2. It does not require you to be at rest and take up to 2 minutes to do the measurement as the 997.2 did. An improvement in my book.

3. I find mine to be both very accurate (when compared to a pretty high quaity manual gauge) and sensitive. Temperature effects are reflected pretty quickly. My 997.2 was not nearly as accurate, as much as 3-5 PSI off.

4. Can't say as I did not choose this option.

5. My metal roof has no issues; no rattle, no squeek, nothing. It has been reported that a proper lubrication of the glass roof rails seems to solve any squeeking issue.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
^ +1

Agree on every point. Same experience on mine.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Haku
^ +1

Agree on every point. Same experience on mine.
Sorry, I'm a bit confused....Do you agree with the OP's dislikes or my comments?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 19hole
I must disagree with you here...

1. The doors have a MUCH more solid feel than either the 997.1 or the 997.2. There is no hollow sound. They do not slam, you provide the energy to close them.

2. All that is required to get an accurate reading is that the engine is at operating temperature, same as the 997.2. It does not require you to be at rest and take up to 2 minutes to do the measurement as the 997.2 did. An improvement in my book.

3. I find mine to be both very accurate (when compared to a pretty high quaity manual gauge) and sensitive. Temperature effects are reflected pretty quickly. My 997.2 was not nearly as accurate, as much as 3-5 PSI off.

4. Can't say as I did not choose this option.

5. My metal roof has no issues; no rattle, no squeek, nothing. It has been reported that a proper lubrication of the glass roof rails seems to solve any squeeking issue.
Completely agree with you, 19hole with the following additional comments.
1. My oil gauge seems to have stopped moving. I'm hoping it's accurate
2. I'm not happy about the tire skip in cold weather, but it only happens on tight turns and more slippery surfaces.
3. Still doesn't run smoothly when cold especially on light acceleration (but better than 2009 C2S.

But most important, it's too much fun to drive!!!

ChuckJ

Old 01-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by 19hole
Sorry, I'm a bit confused....Do you agree with the OP's dislikes or my comments?
Sorry should have made myself clearer. I meant I agree with you on every point.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
I dislike that my ride kills so many bugs without mercy. Otherwise I am VERY happy.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:23 AM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
I have thought long and hard about an honest negative feature of my 991. I have only one little nag; the rear-view mirror seems upside down to me compared to all the other cars I've had where the widest part is at the bottom of the mirror.
I have to disagree with the comment that the doors feel cheap; compared to my 997 everything about the 991 feels upgraded to me. However, I do have full leather now and standard interior back then.
There is a lot of cabin noise for a 130k car, but again MUCH improved from 997 and comparable to my Cadillac SRX.

I have been unable to use the MF steering wheel to advance to the next song if listening to my iphone via blue tooth unless I use the center console controls, but can change the stations on the radio so maybe I just haven't figgered it out yet.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DocMalone
I have thought long and hard about an honest negative feature of my 991. I have only one little nag; the rear-view mirror seems upside down to me compared to all the other cars I've had where the widest part is at the bottom of the mirror.

There is a lot of cabin noise for a 130k car, but again MUCH improved from 997 and comparable to my Cadillac SRX.
WRT the mirror, that's the first thing I said to the salesman when I got in the car! Then I got back in my 997 and noticed that the view to the rear in those removed areas was blocked by the high-back seats, and the new ones provided slightly better vision looking forward.

I agree it's not a silent car, but it's so much better than the 997 I can now hear the radio and engine revs much better.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Things I Dislike About My New 991