Emergency spare tire for 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:47 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
this spare tire looks very similar (if not identical) to the one included in the front trunk of my ex-993 from long time ago.

I had used it once, changed it at roadside due to a flat, packed damaged tire/wheel into a big garbage bag, onto the front passenger seat and drove away.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM
FastlaneTurbo will become famous soon enough
There are at least two sizes of Porsche inflatable spares. The smaller size that came with
my 996TT will not fit the larger Rotors of the 991, 996GT3 and Panamera S. The larger size will fit all three of these models and the 997s as well.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ww007
Nice post Rainier... knowing Porsche, they probably made you pay extra to get that spare in a "deviating color"
NOW you tell me !
I was wondering. For the price of the spare I can buy two complete sets of 4 tires for my Merc !

Rainier

Old 02-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Nico911 is on a distinguished road
Rainier, what is the spare tire´s weight? Do you have the Porsche Part Number for the spare? Just curious because I am planning on buying it in the USA (prices in my country are absurd) and bringing it in my luggage.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nico911
Rainier, what is the spare tire´s weight? Do you have the Porsche Part Number for the spare? Just curious because I am planning on buying it in the USA (prices in my country are absurd) and bringing it in my luggage.
32.2 lbs (14.6Kg)
No part number. It has a standard 991 options code: "ACCE".

Price is not that bad. It includes a free valve cap...

Rainier

Old 11-20-2015, 12:45 AM
2B055 is on a distinguished road
Anyone know the part numbers?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does anyone know the part numbers for the larger inflatable spare tire? I currently have the 20" carrera classics on my 991 C4. Will the spare tire fit both front and rear? Does it include a jack and a lug wrench for removal and is their any way I can mount it in the frunk like the past 911's? I really need a spare tire soon I don't want to have to call porsche roadside assistance again next time I have a flat! Much appreciated!! -Ben

Last edited by 2B055; 11-20-2015 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:29 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Have a bad experience with Porsche roadside assistance?

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 11-20-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Have a bad experience with Porsche roadside assistance?
Yea unfortunately not the best experience . I don't feel like going through all that again for a simple flat that I can get fixed later at my own convenience and not having to deal with towing and the stealership! Anyone know what part numbers I need or where I can purchase an inflatable spare with all the jack/wrench and accessories? Your help is much appreciated!

Old 11-21-2015, 03:21 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Porsche Roadside is not exactly the best experience. Don't know if this is what Rainier got, but here is a link to Suncoast who sells a spare. Read carefully, it is essentially no good for the rear - you have to switch the front to the rear if you get a rear flat. Don't know how they expect you to do that ---- you would have to carry along two jacks. With all this, including price, might seem easier to call Roadside Assistance . . .

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/991SPARE.html

Don't know if you have it, but you should buy a tire plug kit, certainly cheaper and may get you out of a jam

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 11-21-2015 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:56 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Porsche Roadside should know better...
Had a Flat
Called Porsche
Tow Truck will be there within 30 min
Tow Truck Company lied, they have to say they can get to you fast, or Porsche calls the next one on the list.
Calling both to find out where he is...stuck in traffic...construction zone....accident, etc...
He arrived 1hr 30 min after I called.
I wouldn't have minded waiting, could have had lunch around the corner.
BUT I had to be at the vehicle when he got there, who wouldn't be!
The Tow guy that arrived Lied and said he knows how to pull a 911 onto a flatbed.
BS, he had No idea about the Tow Hook.
I told him to get Lost!
Uber ride home, brought a winter tire/wheel from home and changed myself.
Porsche never followed up!! Lol

Last edited by eldertec; 11-21-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:43 PM
This emergency tire fits both front and rear. Not only that, it fits my Panamera nicely as well - the guys at Porsche categorically stated that there is no spare tire for my Panamera so I sent them some photos of the tire mounted on the Panamera. Right diameter etc, no issues at all.

One thing to keep in mind if you have a limit slip diff ("electronic" using brakes or a real one) - this tire's diameter is dictated by the amount or air you put in. It does not have a steal belt or similar. It's just like a balloon. Fill it until the diameter matches the tire you are replacing. The little Chinese made pump that comes with the Porsche can handle it - just gets a bit slower towards the end.

Having said this - I have never needed it. Of course I would need it if I did not have it - that's just the way things work.
Yes, I have had a few flats but in all cases it was a simple matter of finding the hole and putting in a plug (in one case using a bicycle repair kit and a plug made from one of the patches).

Rainier

Yeah, Porsche Roadside is not exactly the best experience. Don't know if this is what Rainier got, but here is a link to Suncoast who sells a spare. Read carefully, it is essentially no good for the rear - you have to switch the front to the rear if you get a rear flat. Don't know how they expect you to do that ---- you would have to carry along two jacks. With all this, including price, might seem easier to call Roadside Assistance . . .

Don't know if you have it, but you should buy a tire plug kit, certainly cheaper and may get you out of a jam

Old 11-23-2015, 05:40 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about

My spare fits in the frunk, I wonder if it is the same spare as the one in the link, mine even came with a foam piece that fits in frunk that the spare sits in but I don't use it because I wanted to have some room left for when I need to carry some things.

Old 11-27-2015, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by af330i
My spare fits in the frunk, I wonder if it is the same spare as the one in the link, mine even came with a foam piece that fits in frunk that the spare sits in but I don't use it because I wanted to have some room left for when I need to carry some things.
af330i, do you happen to have the part number and/or remember where you purchased it from? The one from suncoast isn't inflatable and can't fit in the frunk. Your help is much appreciated!

Last edited by 2B055; 11-27-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:43 PM
af330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura aboutaf330i has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 2B055
af330i, do you happen to have the part number and/or remember where you purchased it from? The one from suncoast isn't inflatable and can't fit in the frunk. Your help is much appreciated!
I bought it from another 991 over who bought and sold his car very quickly ... I forgot where I think it was on eBay and cost me quite a bit of $$ but I wanted the peace of mind of having a spare. Also I remember trying it out on my front wheel when I first got it and it fit on my car and it cleared the brakes. I will try it again when I swap out my summer wheels for the winters.
Here are some pictures of it in the frunk with a close up of the part number.

I didn't use the part that is supposed to fit in the frunk to hold it because it takes too much room, I just put some old towels around it and jammed it in so it doesn't move.

If you need any other info let me know ...

EDIT: Woo ... I just googled the part number and it is for a 996 Turbo ... I better check to see if it works I never actually tried to drive with it and I just checked the tire calculator and it is off by 1" in diameter, meanwhile the OP of this thread has the same exact size so I hope I am ok ... I'll keep everyone posted.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2191.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	433775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2190.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	594.0 KB
ID:	433776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2195.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	388.1 KB
ID:	433777  

Last edited by af330i; 11-27-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 AM
tomcatz is on a distinguished road
Emergency Wheel part number

From the 2014 991 Turbo parts catalog:
991 362 050 00 Emergency Wheel
4L0 012 619 A Compressed air bottle
997 652 055 00 Compressor for emergency wheel
996 361 521 00 Boot For Emergency wheel

For the non-turbo:
991 362 020 00 Emergency Wheel

http://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/oe...he/99136202000

No idea what the difference is

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Emergency spare tire for 991