Just arrived from Germany...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 04:35 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Just arrived from Germany...

Thanks to Ryan @ Suncoast, they arrived sooner than we thought!

991 Clear Tail Lights - but no install instructions, hehe. Can anyone give me a few tips for removing the 991 tail lights and installing these?

I'm about to go tinker around but thought I'd post this first just in case someone has a good idea. If nothing else, I'll call the local dealership but I'd love to get these on without resorting to that

Attached Images   

Last edited by nicoli; 02-01-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Very simple. I believe (2) bolts per side and pull assembly toward you, assuming you're standing behind the car

Do post pictures please.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Hi thanks, I raised the spoiler, underneath there is a cover to the side over the bolts that I can just almost seem to pry off but I won't force it too much and it's not popping off by itself - so I'm stuck at this point. In frustration I washed the car instead, lol. If I ever get them on I'll post a pic

Old 02-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
The covers pop right off will a little force. Check my pictures here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-diffuser.html

Old 02-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Really! Oh wow okay - I will give it another go. I wanted to pry a bit more but needed a word of confidence. Thank you so much, really appreciate you taking the time to respond and for the link. I will report back.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Banned
Naaranha has a spectacular aura aboutNaaranha has a spectacular aura aboutNaaranha has a spectacular aura about
Nicoli, thanks for posting the clear side markers the other day. Will love to see what the clear tail lights look like when done! Thanks, Again.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Thanks to I'mAllIn!! You saved the day over here Once the covers are popped off the rear tails come off easy as pie. About as plug-and-play as you can get, way to go Porsche!

(when activated they are red like the regular tails)

Attached Images      

Last edited by nicoli; 02-02-2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Naaranha
Nicoli, thanks for posting the clear side markers the other day. Will love to see what the clear tail lights look like when done! Thanks, Again.
No problems! That's what this is all about, figuring out these amazing cars with you guys Rock on

Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!! Happy the install was simple.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:01 PM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
Nice added touch.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:14 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good with the anthracite

Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Nice ! It matches the brake lamp too

Old 02-01-2013, 11:08 PM
2cardinalalums is on a distinguished road
Nice. Clear doesn't work with all colors, but works nicely with yours.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 PM
20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future20-C4-10 has a brilliant future
don't forget to the clear tail bumpers now to match

Old 02-02-2013, 12:26 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
Really looks terrific with your color combo. It would probably look great with Agate grey, as well. Great job!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just arrived from Germany...