991 DIYs

Old 12-20-2016, 03:32 PM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Rahmon Rajabian
Hi.
Does anyone have an idea if its possible to pop out the ond2 port in 991? I have got a dashcam whcich powered by obd2 port, but i can't close the panel!
Any ideas?
Thnx in advance😊
Not sure why you need to get power from OBD2 port.... But I don't believe that there is any way to get the cover on with any type of adapter connected to the port. It will stick-out in the footwell. Why don't you just grab power from another source? Is your cam getting vehicle data from the port while recording video?

Old 12-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Rahmon Rajabian is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a thinkware f770 two channel camera with park sensor functuon, the choices were getting power from lighter or obd2 port. I'' not professional, i thought the lighter choice would be a bit messy, so i bought the cam with obd2 port

Old 12-20-2016, 06:20 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
You can by a 90 degree angled noodle connector. Run the thinner cable out the panel door. Maybe that will help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A36N22Y0CSXTR4

You may still need to cut or trim some pieces of the panel door, not sure.

Old 04-06-2017, 02:21 PM
carlwied is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody have a DIY, pics, or diagrams for locating and cleaning 991 rear cabrio drains? My dealer recommends checking/cleaning the drains every 2/20k as they can become clogged with leaves and other debris causing water penetration into the cabin, damaging electronics, etc.

While there is DIY info out there for 996 and 997 cabrios, which is helpful to a point, the design on the 991 looks to be slightly different. Would be great to get some info particular to the 991.

I imagine this is a straightforward job, with minimal (if any) major disassembly required.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Last edited by carlwied; 04-06-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:35 PM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
DIY: 991 GTS Rear Bumper Cover Removal & Reinstall

Posted a new DIY along with video on the main thread...

Check it out here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4625581

Old 05-19-2017, 08:29 AM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
Anyone have a DIY spark plug change writeup? Found one for a GT3 but wasn't sure about differences with my 3.4.

Old 05-21-2017, 02:35 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Here you go stealth - haven't done it myself yet, but intend to

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9084...d-tonight.html

Old 09-08-2017, 07:17 PM
512broker is an unknown quantity at this point
Remove 911 991 Center Console Trim Panels

Does anyone know how to remove the lower trim panels of the center console and the under dash console ends? There are plenty of vids on how to remove the top parts of the console. Thanks

Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2017, 10:49 AM
991CARRERA4 will become famous soon enough
Tips exhaust 997 S on 991 c2/c4

Hello from FRANCE

I have long sought on the forum
I have my own experience
here are the details

I have long sought on the forum
I have my own experience
here are the details

-tipp from 997 C2S ref : 99711135204 / 99711135104
black paint SATIN 30% powder EPOXY

loosen the torx bolt at the back

it is necessary to push the ring to exit the exhaust

remove the ring on the tips 997S and insert those of 991C2

and admire

mounting with stainless steel bolts (M8 X40mm) and copper grease

risk of tracing when the grease heats

bye

Old 10-14-2017, 11:52 AM
991CARRERA4 will become famous soon enough
nozzle head washer 997/991 black paint

pull the chrome cap
with the house tool

personally I ordered
two new home porsche
to make my cool try
ref: 99762826300

sand with 800 and 1000
to degrease with IPA

putting a bomb primer
special plastic a thin layer

mix the paint well

REVELL EMAIL COLOR
BRIGHT COVER
ref: 32107 RAL 9005

dip into container and turn to drain and dry for 4/5 days

the paint sticks the support
take a scalpel to liberate it

the shine is incredible and the hardness incredible
on the picture the brilliant is not terrible
but I guarantee a mirror piano

bye

Old 11-07-2017, 07:42 PM
DIY BMC Filter Change

Posted a new DIY along with video on the main thread...

Check it out here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4676898

Old 11-18-2017, 06:33 PM
DIY 991.1 GTS Front Bumper Cover Removal

Just posted a DIY over on the main 991 thread... DIY Front Bumper Cover Removal.

As stated in the post -- not something not already documented and my video skills are quite atrocious! But some may find this helpful in their own projects. I'll have the Rennline mesh radiator covers posted soon.

Thanks!

Old 11-25-2017, 01:01 PM
991.2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any DIY for removing ECU?

Old 01-16-2019, 01:10 PM
Chauncey Leagones is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Purchased iCarSoft to reset Oil Service Light. Works like a charm, and was able to reset light, after doing my own oil change, in about 20 seconds. In addition to brake light, it will also reset service light (have not done that yet, but it is in the menu) and has a host of other diagnostic tools.

I bought mine on Amazon, from German Audio Tech

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iglink20410-20
I just got one...have you figured out how to update software?? the manual is super hard to read and the websites link to update don't work...thanks

Old 01-19-2019, 02:50 AM
Originally Posted by Chauncey Leagones
I just got one...have you figured out how to update software?? the manual is super hard to read and the websites link to update don't work...thanks
I have the older model, the POR II, what model do you have. I believe there are instructions on the website. I contacted them and they said no SW upgrade for my model but there is one for the newer models.

https://www.icarsoft.us/Page/103.html

Go to "Support/Updates" and scroll to bottom of page for instructions. Hope it helps, good luck.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 DIYs