View Poll Results: Was curious to know the age range of 991 drivers?
< 30
8.55%
30-39
26.97%
40-49
29.28%
50-59
15.13%
> 60
20.07%
Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

991 drivers: What's your age?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 05:50 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hotmetal
I'm 54 and this is my first Porsche ... on order and should be delivered in April. Will replace my Corvette ZR1 (sold)
Congratulations, Hotmetal! Can't wait to see if you agree with me that it is much more enjoyable driving a car where the torque comes in at a higher RPM (combined with more weight on the rear wheels) so that you don't break the rear end loose during low speed accelerations around corners (especially on asphalt roads).

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 03-15-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
39 with 40th in July. Picking up a beautiful black/black C4S on Monday. It's home waiting for me as I'm traveling. It was an on the lot car which had everything but sensors which I need since I work in the city. Dealer added sensors AND back-up camera for me. Separate delivery thread will follow.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 AM
Hotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really niceHotmetal is just really nice
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Congratulations, Hotmetal! Can't wait to see if you agree with me that it is much more enjoyable driving a car where the torque comes in at a higher RPM (combined with more weight on the rear wheels) so that you don't break the rear end loose during low speed accelerations around corners (especially on asphalt roads).

ChuckJ
I already agree with you Chuck. As a DD, I have more fun to drive my Abarth than my ZR1. The ZR1 is a nice car. As a DD, it is boring, feel fustration, you can never use all the power .... BUT, at the track, this car is amazing . BUT the reality .... 99% of the time, I'm not at the track.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Nico911 is on a distinguished road
At 43 years and 7 months I decided the 991 (my first Porsche) would be my 50th birthday present. At 43 years and 8 months I took delivery of stunning 991 Carrera 2 S! I turned 44 last week. I am not good at waiting!!!

Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 AM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Nico911
At 43 years and 7 months I decided the 991 (my first Porsche) would be my 50th birthday present. At 43 years and 8 months I took delivery of stunning 991 Carrera 2 S! I turned 44 last week. I am not good at waiting!!!
What happened in the intervening 30 days? Ha.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:04 PM
allans is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
...and 4 kids to put through college in the meantime... I will have to make a few critical choices
Serge, Your right. I had 4 daughters to put thru college and now 9 grand children. Believe me, it never ends. Allan

Old 03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
brandonATL is on a distinguished road
37 here. First 911 is on the way!

Old 03-15-2013, 04:45 PM
carsrmyvice will become famous soon enoughcarsrmyvice will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Michael_s
39 with 40th in July. Picking up a beautiful black/black C4S on Monday. It's home waiting for me as I'm traveling. It was an on the lot car which had everything but sensors which I need since I work in the city. Dealer added sensors AND back-up camera for me. Separate delivery thread will follow.
Are those sensors oem or aftermarket? I am taking delivery in a few weeks and would love some sensors put in before delivery! Mind telling what they cost? PM if you wish, unfortunately I did not have enough posts to PM you from the start.

As for the topic, I fall into the <30 category. I cannot complain.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:35 PM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
43. I desperately needed a MT again, loved my old 944, and was drooling over the 991. Oh, and my daughter told me I have to get one before I'm old and ugly. (I'm sure others here have aged more gracefully that I will... And it sounded like really solid logic to justify buying now. )

Old 03-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Boca20 will become famous soon enoughBoca20 will become famous soon enough
34 wahhhh

Old 03-15-2013, 08:36 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
Are those sensors oem or aftermarket? I am taking delivery in a few weeks and would love some sensors put in before delivery! Mind telling what they cost? PM if you wish, unfortunately I did not have enough posts to PM you from the start.

As for the topic, I fall into the <30 category. I cannot complain.
Aftermarket. Dealer paying for parts and install for both sensors and camera. Not quite oem looking but very clean.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:00 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
For all you 30 somethings, pat yourself on the back for being able to afford a 991 that early!!!

ChuckJ

Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
28. I bought my first 911 when I was 26. I am
in the minority of young adults that puts forth maximum effort in anything I do, do not have a sense of entitlement, and am not afraid to take risks in business. Aside from that I'm simply infatuated with 911s and I will be ordering a GT3 next year and picking it up in Germany! Auf Wiedersehen!

Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by miamiadjuster
28. I bought my first 911 when I was 26. I am
in the minority of young adults that puts forth maximum effort in anything I do, do not have a sense of entitlement, and am not afraid to take risks in business. Aside from that I'm simply infatuated with 911s and I will be ordering a GT3 next year and picking it up in Germany! Auf Wiedersehen!
I lived in Germany and drove a 911S for 3 years on the Autobahn from 79 to '82. You're going to love it!!!

ChuckJ

Old 03-16-2013, 11:30 AM
miamiadjuster has a spectacular aura aboutmiamiadjuster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
I lived in Germany and drove a 911S for 3 years on the Autobahn from 79 to '82. You're going to love it!!!

ChuckJ
I can't wait! I lived in England for 2 years while I was in the armed forces. It was an amazing experience and I got to see a lot of Europe. We took a drive from England to Germany once and it was good time. The wife wants to go to France next year so I figured it would be perfect to pick up the car in Germany and drive to France. I must say I am thoroughly enjoying my Carrera S! It will be a sad day when I comes time to trade.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 drivers: What's your age?