Plasti-dipped my emblems this evening. Some pics...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:30 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Had a few minutes to kill

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1295-1 (1).jpg
Views:	957
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	281388  
Old 09-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Nice. I like how it stands out. You did good!

Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Founder is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rossii

Outstanding!

Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 AM
GrayBlack will become famous soon enough
I did the same thing on mine. Awesome!

Old 09-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
Nice. I like how it stands out. You did good!
+1 Looks great.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:23 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
That would look good on my white too !

Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Compukidd will become famous soon enough
looks great!!

Old 09-18-2013, 12:13 PM
SoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to beholdSoCalPamTurbo is a splendid one to behold
Looks great. I'm thinking about doing this is as well, but the Panamera Turbo emblem looks too cumbersome to get all the nook and crannies of the excess plasti dip off.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:48 PM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Did anyone else get the email from Suncoast about the new gt3 flat black Porsche emblem, supposedly in limited quantities? 85 bucks - my emblem is still looking like the day it was dipped but if it wasn't, that would be on my radar

(via 6SpeedOnline iOS)

Old 09-19-2013, 12:14 AM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SoCalPamTurbo
Looks great. I'm thinking about doing this is as well, but the Panamera Turbo emblem looks too cumbersome to get all the nook and crannies of the excess plasti dip off.
You would be surprised how easy it is. Spent about 20 min on it.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rossii

Nicely done. This should be your avatar

Old 10-07-2013, 02:07 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Airbrush plasti-dip

I have been hunting around for the black plasti-dip spraycan without luck and could only find the dip proper in black.
I thus tried by hand airbrushing the stuff. It worked very well.

I masked the area similar to that shown in the photos in this thread.

Thin the dip with 1:1 ratio Plasti-Solve to make it sprayable. Spray about 1/4" inch width from a distance of 1 inch for best results. Simply follow the writing taking care to cover the sides and non-masked areas as well - when you reach the end the starting point has already dried and you can proceed with the second coat immediately. I did about 4-5 passes with no drying time in between. I let it set for about 10 minutes then removed the masking and overspray areas. It all went great with zero issues.

The airbrushing caused small spider web like rubber tendrils to float in all directions which settled onto the unmasked parts of the car and pretty much everything else - however they were not an issue as they don't stick and simply wipe off. Good idea to wear a breathing mask though.

BTW: I now have the full logo standing out real nice, I have the full logo on the side doors. It is not enough. Pulled into a service station to fill up (they are all serviced here, no self service). The pump jockey spots my car and excitedly waves me into his vacant bay.
When I lower the window he proclaims "Ah - nice ! Audi R8 !!!".

Rainier

Attached Images  
Old 10-07-2013, 06:49 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Rainier, looks great. Getting ready to do mine as well. Quick question, any issues with pulling the dip from the center of the P, O, R, E, 9 etc, or did they just peel off easily with the rest? Thanks.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Any long term reviews on how the Pasti-dip is holding up to the elements?
Peeling, flaking or chipping?

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:41 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
Nice !

Mine still looks the same as when it went on last April. Amazing stuff.

(via 6SpeedOnline iOS)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Plasti-dipped my emblems this evening. Some pics...