Plasti-dipped my emblems this evening. Some pics...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:48 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Looks good. Its a nice touch over every other car with chrome emblems.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:39 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
anyone tried the red plastidip on the S ? or on the Carrera S? or on the whole emblem? could be very ricey.........but would standout on a dark color car with red brake calibers

Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Thanks Rainier, looks great. Getting ready to do mine as well. Quick question, any issues with pulling the dip from the center of the P, O, R, E, 9 etc, or did they just peel off easily with the rest? Thanks.
No issues at all - very, very simple to do - just use a wooden toothpick and start lifting from a corner.
Considering the great result - this is a no-brainer and I reckon anybody with two hands (even if both are left) can do this.

If you really mess up - no problem at all, it all comes right off...

Rainier

Old 10-08-2013, 12:54 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by trysixty
anyone tried the red plastidip on the S ? or on the Carrera S? or on the whole emblem? could be very ricey.........but would standout on a dark color car with red brake calibers
Yes that is a good idea. Been thinking that way myself...

Rainier

Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by SoCalPamTurbo
Looks great. I'm thinking about doing this is as well, but the Panamera Turbo emblem looks too cumbersome to get all the nook and crannies of the excess plasti dip off.
Zero issues with that, just did the similar "Carrera" on my car. Go for it.

Rainier

Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Followed Rainier's instructions, and he is right - you can do it if you have two left hands! Did mine last night and very happy with results. The hardest part is taping newspaper on the car to catch the over spray. Thanks to Rainier and also thanks to Brooklyn991, the OP.

Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2016, 03:34 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
What happens if you hit the PlastiDip with an orbital? And if that's not ok, how do you polish close to the emblems?

Old 04-17-2016, 06:16 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
If it gets hit with a buffer, chances are the PD will rip off. Easy fix is 1) respray or 2) tape off area by the emblems/lettering and do the area that has been taped by hand.

Old 04-17-2016, 02:19 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Thanks for the info.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:05 PM
bigbball is on a distinguished road
That's Hot!

Old 04-26-2016, 07:38 AM
Banned
Pismo is infamous around these partsPismo is infamous around these partsPismo is infamous around these partsPismo is infamous around these partsPismo is infamous around these partsPismo is infamous around these partsPismo is infamous around these parts
Well done. I may do mine in red.