Front lips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhill911
I have SPASM and love the look of the SPASM lip. I hit a Curb parking last week without noticing. Front parking sensors were useless. . . . Never went off to notify me. It got gouged pretty good in a few spots. What I absolutely love about this lip, other than it looks fantastic, is how easy it is to replace. Plus, it does not need to be painted. I went straight to my dealership and ordered a new one, which should be here tomorrow. Back to show room condition!!
Agreed, but get 'em from Suncoast, much cheaper (at least compared to what my dealer quoted).

Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 AM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
I have SPASM and love the look of the SPASM lip. I hit a Curb parking last week without noticing. Front parking sensors were useless. . . . Never went off to notify me. It got gouged pretty good in a few spots. What I absolutely love about this lip, other than it looks fantastic, is how easy it is to replace. Plus, it does not need to be painted. I went straight to my dealership and ordered a new one, which should be here tomorrow. Back to show room condition!!
Ouch! Glad to hear it's easy to replace.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BOBP
Yes, that's the kind. I usually STOP before I hit the parking curb.
Then go for it. Several people, probably as careful as you, have already found how easy it is to crunch it. Only takes one time to become worthless.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Stay tuned....we're almost ready with our Werks1 front spoiler for the 991.

It's pretty hot too

Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Stay tuned....we're almost ready with our Werks1 front spoiler for the 991.

It's pretty hot too
Fit 991 with sport design ??

Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AJag
Agreed, but get 'em from Suncoast, much cheaper (at least compared to what my dealer quoted).
Counting Suncoast shipping, my dealer ends up being $11.00 cheaper. The local Boise, ID dealership is great to work with. They never quote me list on parts or merchandise. I always feel they give me the best deal they can, and living in a smaller town, I like to support local business. Coincidentally, I received a $40 gift card from my dealership the week prior and they let me use it for the spoiler purchase, so it ended up being $51.00 cheaper than Suncoast.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Counting Suncoast shipping, my dealer ends up being $11.00 cheaper. The local Boise, ID dealership is great to work with. They never quote me list on parts or merchandise. I always feel they give me the best deal they can, and living in a smaller town, I like to support local business. Coincidentally, I received a $40 gift card from my dealership the week prior and they let me use it for the spoiler purchase, so it ended up being $51.00 cheaper than Suncoast.
Same story here, Sunset Porsche in Portland has been 10% cheaper than suncoast on every item I've ordered. Sun coast has nice pictures though.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 PM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
Is the SPASM lip nothing more than the Carrera S front lip?

Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Is the SPASM lip nothing more than the Carrera S front lip?
No- it is different. The S lip is more like a splitter. The SPASM lip is deeper, lower and shaped differently altogether. According to Porsche it adds downforce to the front at high speeds- enough so that the rear spoiler deploys a bit higher to balance it.

It is more likely to scrape as it has less clearance. I have managed no to do any damage against curbs or other objects. But the first week I had the car I backed down a steep driveway perpendicular to the street and managed to have it neatly pop off the car altogether. Fortunately it has no mounting hardware- it snapped right back on. Have been more cautious and never repeated that.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Where can I get the SPASM lip and approx. price?

Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Where can I get the SPASM lip and approx. price?
Got to the Suncoast site- they advertise here- and find the parts for the 991. All the info you need is right there. Or call any dealer.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:40 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Old 04-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Min911 is on a distinguished road
You have all made me feel better ordering the SPASM. My only concern was the front lip, knowing the wife will scrape it off more than once. But since it will only be a sub $200 easy DIY job, it will make me look like a hero when I cleanup the mess after her

Old 04-13-2013, 03:20 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dux
+1
that's what she said.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:18 PM
Ordered 991-505-557-02-1E0 from the dealer. Has anybody put one on yet? A picture would be nice. Thanks,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front lips