991 24-Month Lease Special?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Tinkywinky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Salespunk
Never once have I had to do any service to "bring a car into spec". The lease end fee is $350, there is no disposal fee and not sure what finance charge you are talking about. The lease cost at 4% is significantly less than the opportunity cost for investing right now. I would agree that the $139K/$2200 mo that someone was throwing around for a 4S was not a good deal, but it was specific to that deal and not indicative of leases in general. In most cases leasing and buying over a 3 year period is very comparable in overall costs when you do the NPV calculation.
I'm kinda the OP after hijacking this thread from "op487062" (sorry). The lease for a $140k car was $3,400 down and $2200/month because of the “MRM” Maximum Residualized MSRP. So after the feedback from both sides on lease -vs- purchase, I ended up purchasing it (today). If I had not gotten so click happy with the options, and instead ended up with a base $100k car, I would have probably leased it with one of the $1,000+/month lease deals.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:12 PM
carsrmyvice will become famous soon enoughcarsrmyvice will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Flash991C4S
I got my C4S on a 24-month lease special. I would be curious to hear what you guys think of the deal I got:
24 months
7,500 miles per year
126K MSRP
I think we priced the car around 122K
12,500 down
1,425/ month
I was paying about 600/month on my M3, so it was a big jump for me, but I am getting a LOT of car for the money, IMO. I know I put more money down then most people do, but I wanted to keep the payments under 1500. Thoughts?
Without actually doing the calculations, I think you probably could have received more than 4k off sticker. BUT, this is subject to location as well as time of year to some degree. So don't feel so bad about it. Also you should know that putting money down, aka cap reduction, is never advisable. In short it puts you in a situation where if you totaled the vehicles early on, you MIGHT not be compensated for every dollar. Best to just put everything in the payment and put your 12,500 into the money market account or your liquid asset of choice and then slowly apply it to your payments.

In the future, I highly recommend going on the edmunds car forums and finding the residual values, mf and any incentives which might be relevant to you. You can then use a lease calculator to do the math and get the payment you need in a matter of minutes. If your knowledge of finance is minimal, no worries most people cannot calculate a lease which is why leases get such a bad rap, then do some google research on the basics. Like I said before though, edmunds.com and their forums are the best resource I know of for this type of info.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
So in 05 you did not receive the trade in tax benefit? Doesn't that tack on an extra 6-8 grand?

You received a nearly 12% discount off your 07 and a 20% discount off your 09. Those are fantastic deals that are few and far between for most porsche buyers. Not to mention, as we said before you are putting on very very low mileage which makes it possible in the first place.

Either way 09 was a great year to be buying porsche haha
The 05 car -
I never expeced to sell it . At that time my region (Miami) experiened an enormous amount of xenon light theft . Search the forum or google and see . Mine were stolen so badly on my 02 996 that the entire front end was torn off . My 05 car had both front and rear stolen . One guy even posted that his was stolen 3 times off the same car (once while he got a haircut) . I had another car so i simply chose to drive that ( a BMW) and sell the beautiful launch car Porsche 997S .

The 07 car -- I got a good deal but nowhere near as good as my 09 car .

The 07 Turbo --I still have it.

The 09 car -- When the Dow was hovering at or near 7K no one was Porsche shopping . Someone posted at that time in the 997 section that he got 20 percent off on a car and that Porsche had overproduced the 09 cars and there was surplus on the boat to the point that dealerships were being offered huge incentives . In fact SEVERAL guys on that forum did in fact get 20 percent off .. not just me. It's not the case in todays new Porsche market.

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-07-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tinkywinky
I'm kinda the OP after hijacking this thread from "op487062" (sorry). The lease for a $140k car was $3,400 down and $2200/month because of the “MRM” Maximum Residualized MSRP. So after the feedback from both sides on lease -vs- purchase, I ended up purchasing it (today). If I had not gotten so click happy with the options, and instead ended up with a base $100k car, I would have probably leased it with one of the $1,000+/month lease deals.

Good choice !!
Had you leased the 100K car you would have had 2 or 3 years of time perhaps wishing you had bought the one you ended up getting .

I even feel that if you didn't finance it you'd end up ahead when you deecide to sell it . Either way ... congrats !!

Old 05-08-2013, 03:41 PM
disden will become famous soon enough
anyone know what the 991 Cab lease residuals are? Either C2 or C2S?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:47 AM
saeyedoc will become famous soon enoughsaeyedoc will become famous soon enough
I got my C4S on a 24-month lease special. I would be curious to hear what you guys think of the deal I got:
24 months
7,500 miles per year
126K MSRP
I think we priced the car around 122K
12,500 down
1,425/ month
I was paying about 600/month on my M3, so it was a big jump for me, but I am getting a LOT of car for the money, IMO. I know I put more money down then most people do, but I wanted to keep the payments under 1500. Thoughts?
Bad move putting any money down, much less over $12k. Wreck your car and all that money is lost forever. Better off putting the cash in an account to help pay off your monthly bill.
You should be able to do much better on the price, 3% off isn't enough.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Flash991C4S has a spectacular aura aboutFlash991C4S has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Bad move putting any money down, much less over $12k. Wreck your car and all that money is lost forever. Better off putting the cash in an account to help pay off your monthly bill.
You should be able to do much better on the price, 3% off isn't enough.

Definitely good insight (as well as the previous post from carsrmyvice). This was my first ever lease and I really rushed it to get out of my last car. I had this suspicion that my early model 2008 M3 was a ticking time bomb. Anyhow, live and you learn. No regrets.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:24 PM
carsrmyvice will become famous soon enoughcarsrmyvice will become famous soon enough
Definitely good insight (as well as the previous post from carsrmyvice). This was my first ever lease and I really rushed it to get out of my last car. I had this suspicion that my early model 2008 M3 was a ticking time bomb. Anyhow, live and you learn. No regrets.
Good attitude sir. I am sure it has served you well and been a large part of how you came to afford such a great car. Enjoy your c4s in good health.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Flash991C4S has a spectacular aura aboutFlash991C4S has a spectacular aura about
Good attitude sir. I am sure it has served you well and been a large part of how you came to afford such a great car. Enjoy your c4s in good health.
Thanks. LOVE the car so far. Wheels are being painted as we [type] so I will post some new pics soon.

Quick question: With the added down payment that I made (ie cap reduction), the only real downside is the risk of totaling the car, right (setting aside the idea that the money could have been invested, etc)? In other words, if i don't crash the car, no difference, right? Just making sure there isn't some other aspect I'm missing. I'm OK with that because if i total the car, i would think I would have far bigger problems than heartburn over the money.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Thanks. LOVE the car so far. Wheels are being painted as we [type] so I will post some new pics soon.

Quick question: With the added down payment that I made (ie cap reduction), the only real downside is the risk of totaling the car, right (setting aside the idea that the money could have been invested, etc)? In other words, if i don't crash the car, no difference, right? Just making sure there isn't some other aspect I'm missing. I'm OK with that because if i total the car, i would think I would have far bigger problems than heartburn over the money.
Correct, you may actually be ahead, I think the interest is calculated on the adjusted cap cost, you just pay on what you "borrowed".

Old 05-09-2013, 03:00 PM

Yes a total loss combined with the other angle, which you mentioned, in which you would have invested it at some rate of return x.

I actually would have prepaid my lease in full had porsche offered enough of a mf reduction to do so, but they do not. I believe a single pay lease has a mf of .0015 or something like that. Hell if I am paying in full there should not be a money factor lol. Porsche knows this and it is where they make some of there money, dealers know this and attempt to mark it up in order to fatten profit margins. Many people lease in order to mitigate the risk of financial loss. Many scorn the cap reduction as it usually points to shopping by payment, rather than total cost.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM

I actually would have prepaid my lease in full had porsche offered enough of a mf reduction to do so, but they do not. I believe a single pay lease has a mf of .0015 or something like that. Hell if I am paying in full there should not be a money factor lol. Porsche knows this and it is where they make some of there money, dealers know this and attempt to mark it up in order to fatten profit margins. Many people lease in order to mitigate the risk of financial loss. Many scorn the cap reduction as it usually points to shopping by payment, rather than total cost.
With a pre-paid lease, you're still borrowing the residual right?, so they want interest on that money. I would think that's fairly standard, but I've never looked into the pre-pay option.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
With a pre-paid lease, you're still borrowing the residual right?, so they want interest on that money. I would think that's fairly standard, but I've never looked into the pre-pay option.
Correct. So the rent charge = (net cap + residual) x mf

Thus if your p car is 100k sticker, you negotiate down to 93k, mf is .002, your residual, assuming c2 base 15k/year pdk is 74% or 74,000 in our case.

So rent charge is (93k + 74k) x .002 = $334 per month

If you prepay at .00015 this portion of your payment would decrease to $250 per month, for a savings of $84 per month. Not enough for me to pass on the totaled my 911 insurance provided without a prepay.

edited as I mixed up the #s lol these things certainly are made to confuse

Last edited by carsrmyvice; 05-09-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 PM
op487062 will become famous soon enoughop487062 will become famous soon enough
Correct. So the rent charge = (net cap + residual) x mf

Thus if your p car is 100k sticker, you negotiate down to 93k, mf is .002, your residual, assuming c2 base 15k/year pdk is 74% or 74,000 in our case.

So rent charge is (93k + 74k) x .002 = $334 per month

If you prepay at .00015 this portion of your payment would decrease to $250 per month, for a savings of $84 per month. Not enough for me to pass on the totaled my 911 insurance provided without a prepay.

edited as I mixed up the #s lol these things certainly are made to confuse
Hey, $84/mo for 24 months gets your exhaust (or part of it)

I just want to know how/where to get 7% off the purchase

Old 05-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by op487062
Hey, $84/mo for 24 months gets your exhaust (or part of it)

I just want to know how/where to get 7% off the purchase
Very true but I also took into account the fact that I keep the money invested fairly aggressively. Which has been fruitful as of late

As said before, discount varies by region, dealer, and season. As well as model. For instance when a model is just released, do not expect a large discount ie) the 14' turbo.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 24-Month Lease Special?