991 24-Month Lease Special?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:37 AM
op487062 will become famous soon enoughop487062 will become famous soon enough
991 24-Month Lease Special?

I recall there were a few threads mentioning the 2013 lease deal for 24 months.

Does anyone know if it is still being offered and what are the terms (MF, residual, etc.)?

Looking to get a 991--but only if the numbers looks decent

Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
My local dealer has lease specials on almost everything.

http://porschedallas.parkplacetexas.com/web/specials/

Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by White Rock
My local dealer has lease specials on almost everything.

http://porschedallas.parkplacetexas.com/web/specials/
Unless I am missing something, the first "special" from the above link is very high. Base carrera's can be had under 1K per month with less out of pocket.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Unless I am missing something, the first "special" from the above link is very high. Base carrera's can be had under 1K per month with less out of pocket.
I heard the base were available for $900-ish. Only problem is no sites have info.

I'm also in SoCal if that makes a difference.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM
carsrmyvice will become famous soon enoughcarsrmyvice will become famous soon enough
Base rate MF is .002 or 4.8%. Accept no markup. Residual is dependent on which model (c2, c2s, c4, c4s, cab) and miles per year.

For C2 base:

10k/year = 78%
12k/year = 77%
15k/year = 75%

MRM on base is around 106k (maximum msrp that can be residualized)

C2S

10k/year = 74%
12k/year = 73%
15k/year = 71%

1% deduction in residual for pdk
Additional miles can be bought for 25 cents per mile at inception.
Conquest has been extended which provides you with 3x your current lease payment, without requiring that you turn the vehicle in.
Unsure of MRM on c2s.

Never shop just the payment, insist on 0 cap reduction and all fees rolled into the price. Use a lease calculator to get the payment down to the dollar.

Happy Hunting

Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Tinkywinky is on a distinguished road
I ordered a C4S fully loaded with PDK and it comes in next week (Detroit). The following is what the dealer is quoting me. Anything look out of whack?

Total retail vehicle price $139,620
Destination charge $950
Total of charges and taxes $950
Total retail price $140,570

12k miles on a 2 year lease
residual 71%
Money factor .00200
Payment $2,202 with $3,411 due at signing. Payments are based on Tier 1 credit with Porsche Financial. This is including a 7% discount on the car as well as 3m film installed. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
That seems like a pretty decent deal to me, especially on a 24-month lease.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tinkywinky
I ordered a C4S fully loaded with PDK and it comes in next week (Detroit). The following is what the dealer is quoting me. Anything look out of whack?

Destination charge $950

residual 71%
Money factor .00200
Payment $2,202 with $3,411 due at signing. Payments are based on Tier 1 credit with Porsche Financial. This is including a 7% discount on the car as well as 3m film installed. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
This made me gulp .

56 thousand dollars to rent a Porsche for two years is too much for me to digest .
Keep in mind that my Turbo was in the 130's back in 07 when I bought it new --outright . Supposing I did not modify it and left it stock . A private sale stock 07 turbo still sells in the 70's and 80's ona 6 year old car making the lease car more than double for the amount of time.

PLUS -- I still have the car !!!

Now i realize that someone is bound to chime in and claim that they own a business and use this as a tax break and even to that person I would point out that if he kept the car longer than the three year treadmill of leasing he would be ahead . Plus I can't even tell you how many proud business owners back in 07 lost their business in 08 .. and their Turbo was the first thing to go bye bye .

I'm still digesting this all .

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-02-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:52 PM
onapex is on a distinguished road

Destination charge $950

residual 71%
Money factor .00200
that seems high to me. something doesn't add up...base on my calculations with california taxes, you should be paying about $1900 WITH 8.38% tax, about $1700 w/o the CA taxes. not sure how detroit calculates taxes....

see attached. I'm not an expert, but that spreadsheet matched what the dealer quoted me for my lease.

Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
This made me gulp .

56 thousand dollars to rent a Porsche for two years is too much for me to digest .
Keep in mind that my Turbo was in the 130's back in 07 when I bought it new --outright . Supposing I did not modify it and left it stock . A private sale stock 07 turbo still sells in the 70's and 80's ona 6 year old car making the lease car more than double for the amount of time.

PLUS -- I still have the car !!!

Now i realize that someone is bound to chime in and claim that they own a business and use this as a tax break and even to that person I would point out that if he kept the car longer than the three year treadmill of leasing he would be ahead . Plus I can't even tell you how many proud business owners back in 07 lost their business in 08 .. and their Turbo was the first thing to go bye bye .

I'm still digesting this all .
some folks (like myself) just like the convenience of leasing. drive it for 2 years, give it back, get the new model...smart financial move? probably not, could buy it, private party resell, etc....but again, I'm paying for convenience.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by onapex
some folks (like myself) just like the convenience of leasing. drive it for 2 years, give it back, get the new model...smart financial move? probably not, could buy it, private party resell, etc....but again, I'm paying for convenience.

this is the part i'm having some hesitation. as yrralis1 mentioned, if i bought the car outright and sold it, i would pay a heck of a lot less for the time i owned the car (usually).

i think i'm just being cheap but at least i'm consistent in my choices, ha!

Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onapex
There is nothing more "convenient" than owning the car yourself. If bought there is no contract with terms that need to be met . He could sell it to a dealership (authorized or independent) a month later if he wishes (no headaches) . He owns the car on his terms rather than rents it on THEIRS . If he trades in a car and it has a scratch or worn tires he does not have to fix it . If he drives more miles or less .. who cares .. its his car.
He has equity and even though it depreciates he owns it . If leased and he wants to sell it he has to buy it outright creating another transaction and even more money lost . Even diminished value (in the event of a wreck) isn't a valid reason to trump the high lease cost or the months (and payments) without the car while it sits in a collision repair shop . He faces constantly being on a treadmill of leasing and faces the INCONVENIENCE of figuring out a new set of terms to have to submit himself to every two or three years . If he swaps the lease then he better ask those liability questions because I speculate that Porsche isn't so complacent about handing over the keys to their car and letting someone else ruin it (if your name is on that dotted line). Its NOT your 139K car.

I used to think there was not a good reason to lease but not anymore --- If someone is near poverty yet has good credit (rare but sometimes true) needs a reliable transportation for 3 years (while he gets himself on his feet enough to be able to buy a car) .. then leasing an inexpensive Honda /Toyota /Etc. will at least give him the ability to get to work on time without an old junk car breaking down with a big repair (cost him money and possibly his job) .

But to lease a 911 at this price ?
Nope !!! I don't understand it.

Last edited by yrralis1; 05-03-2013 at 03:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:38 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future

Destination charge $950

residual 71%
Money factor .00200
Please keep in mind that the C4S with PDK has an MRM of approx. 126K so everything over this amount you are paying in full over the 24 months, plus interest. My suggestion is to 1) lower the price in line with MRM or closer (clearly not possible as the car is here) 2) Buy the car.

IMO makes no sense to purchase a car so far over MRM as you are paying the amount over MRM in full and then giving it back.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
There is nothing more "convenient" than owning the car yourself. If bought there is no contract with terms that need to be met . He could sell it to a dealership (authorized or independent) a month later if he wishes (no headaches) . He owns the car on his terms rather than rents it on THEIRS . If he trades in a car and it has a scratch or worn tires he does not have to fix it . If he drives more miles or less .. who cares .. its his car.
He has equity and even though it depreciates he owns it . If leased and he wants to sell it he has to buy it outright creating another transaction and even more money lost . Even diminished value (in the event of a wreck) isn't a valid reason to trump the high lease cost or the months (and payments) without the car while it sits in a collision repair shop . He faces constantly being on a treadmill of leasing and faces the INCONVENIENCE of figuring out a new set of terms to have to submit himself to every two or three years . If he swaps the lease then he better ask those liability questions because I speculate that Porsche isn't so complacent about handing over the keys to their car and letting someone else ruin it (if your name is on that dotted line). Its NOT your 139K car.

I used to think there was not a good reason to lease but not anymore --- If someone is near poverty yet has good credit (rare but sometimes true) needs a reliable transportation for 3 years (while he gets himself on his feet enough to be able to buy a car) .. then leasing an inexpensive Honda /Toyota /Etc. will at least give him the ability to get to work on time without an old junk car breaking down with a big repair (cost him money and possibly his job) .

But to lease a 911 at this price ?
Nope !!! I don't understand it.
this is a fundamental misunderstanding of leasing. leasing is a form of financing, not "renting". this is not an apartment "lease". we'll agree to disagree on whether it's convenient. personally, I hate the hassle of private selling my car after 2 years or negotiating with the dealer after 2 years on a trade-in value. after 2 years I just want to return the thing for a new toy. I get no satisfaction from "ownership", only from driving :-)

Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Michael_s
Please keep in mind that the C4S with PDK has an MRM of approx. 126K so everything over this amount you are paying in full over the 24 months, plus interest. My suggestion is to 1) lower the price in line with MRM or closer (clearly not possible as the car is here) 2) Buy the car.

IMO makes no sense to purchase a car so far over MRM as you are paying the amount over MRM in full and then giving it back.
ah, did not factor in this maximum residualized msrp. that's why my numbers were much lower. learn something new everyday!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 24-Month Lease Special?