Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 04:40 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
The beige definitely has a glare, quite noticeable in the beginning but less so as you drive it more and more. I guess you eyes just gets used to it. To be honest, I hardly notice it anymore.

Old 06-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by flyanddive
But, I was thinking more like this..
Are you saying that the 991 is a ***** magnet?

Old 06-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed

Are you saying that the 991 is a ***** magnet?
It is! It is!

When I sit in a 991, I just can't get out of it anymore and want to keep on driving untill I have to pull over to fill her up again!
In other words... It's sticky!

[Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline]

Last edited by Suzy991; 06-07-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Airportrat has a spectacular aura aboutAirportrat has a spectacular aura about
The beige gives off quite a reflection. Sometimes I'm amazed Porsche let that one through testing. However, you do get used to it. It is better then having leg flesh torn off from Black interior during summer.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 PM
carcam will become famous soon enough
Don't do it! It's so annoying. I got a Panamera as a loaner with beige interior and the glare was so bad I wouldn't drive it. The 911 might be different but why get an expensive car with such a glaring (pun intended) problem...Btw, my wife just got a '13 MB SL w tan interior but the dash is dark brown, not beige. When asked why, they said the all beige interior glared too much on the windshield. Duh...

Last edited by carcam; 06-07-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:05 AM
tahoe_joe has a spectacular aura abouttahoe_joe has a spectacular aura about
I have black/beige combo. No glare issues here. I decided not to go all beige in part because of the potential glare issue.

Other issue with beige that i see is beige footwell carpets. the beige is so light it will get dirty in no time. i did deviating carpets in black and am very happy that i did.

i have to pain myself every time i get in/out of the car so that i don't scuff the beige door interior with my shoes. i'm deathly afraid of marking them up right now.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:17 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I remember a thread in the Cayenne section. It's not a typical complaint .
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...2-ordered.html

Color choices are very personal selections . I have never even test driven a beige interior 911 but it's common to see either red or black on a 911 . I have never seen a two tone (black beige) on a red exterior car .

7 out of 9 of my 911 cars have had black interior . For fun I dressed up a guards red 911 with black . On the 3D one can see how i broke up the stark character of an all black interior .
http://www.porsche-code.com/PEMPG735

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-08-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:33 AM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I think what appeals to my wife and me most is the fact that the interior is all-Luxor. Everywhere. You don't find an all-one-color option in the vast majority of cars. To save costs, most car makers use a dark color on the dash and tops of doors regardless of which seat colors they offer. Having the steering wheel & dashboard match the doors & seats is something pretty special, IMO. Having matching Alcantara on the pillars and the ceiling is also way cool.

Were I to change to the two-tone black/beige combo, not only would I lose that all-one-color effect which appels to me, but we'd end up with black Alcantara on the pillars and ceiling as well as black leather on the steering wheel. Just a different car, IMO. It'd also be a beautiful car, nonetheless, but not the car we fell in love with.

Therefore, we'll learn to live with the beige dashboard and hope for the best, practicality be damned!

Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
The glare can be annoying at times but you slowly get used to it. I was trying to find out whether there is some sort of polarising film that could be applied to the windshield to counteract the glare but no luck so far. If anyone knows of any film that could work, please let us know.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm wondering if opting for the full dash in leather will make any difference. Leather has different reflective qualities than does the soft rubbery stuff that comes standard on the dash.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:52 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
I think it would help. The leather bits on my dash do not reflect as much. It's the damned plastic sections that give off the most glare. If I could, I would cover the rest of the dash in leather, just like my old 993.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
I'm wondering if opting for the full dash in leather will make any difference. Leather has different reflective qualities than does the soft rubbery stuff that comes standard on the dash.
IMO... If you opt leather interior the dash already is in leather. The extended leather package for the dash means that the plastic parts such as the vents around the Sport Chrono on top will be covered in leather and very nice stitching.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but the full leather option includes the "eyebrow" (for lack of a better word) of the dash but not the soft material behind it. The extra dash leather option includes:

Additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather

Covered in smooth-finish leather in interior color and partly with decorative stitching:
- dashboard end trim
- windshield defroster panel
- instrument surround upper section
- side defroster vents
- center dashboard up

Not sure what "center dashboard up" actually means if not all the horizontal plane aft of the stitched "eyebrow" all the way back to the defroster panel.
DBYT laments not having done the entire dash and his is the same interior as mine, right down to the extra red stitching.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but the full leather option includes the "eyebrow" (for lack of a better word) of the dash but not the soft material behind it. The extra dash leather option includes:

Additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather

Covered in smooth-finish leather in interior color and partly with decorative stitching:
- dashboard end trim
- windshield defroster panel
- instrument surround upper section
- side defroster vents
- center dashboard up

Not sure what "center dashboard up" actually means if not all the horizontal plane aft of the stitched "eyebrow" all the way back to the defroster panel.
DBYT laments not having done the entire dash and his is the same interior as mine, right down to the extra red stitching.
The "center dashboard up" is the lower part of the Sport Chrono clock housing. So says my pricelist

[Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline]

Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Snowczar
I must be missing something. I have a white cab with full red leather interior and I don't notice any glare issue on the windshield at all. Also, if you go and want to change things like dash colour or add deviated stitching you could delay the build date according to my dealer.
I have silver with red and black. Black dash on my next one cause the glare is terrible. I will de swapping out the bright work inside as well. It is the rake of the long windshield.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?