Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:15 PM
dr bit will become famous soon enough
I hope I still can do some changes, those combinations with espresso and cognac look amazing.
I case they don't let me change the leather color, I migt try to change the stitching, does anyone knows if espresso is an option?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dr bit
I hope I still can do some changes, those combinations with espresso and cognac look amazing.
I case they don't let me change the leather color, I migt try to change the stitching, does anyone knows if espresso is an option?
Espresso is available.

The available colors are:
Silvergrey, Racing Yellow, Guards red, Black, White, Plaitum grey, Pebble grey, Cream, Yachting blue, Luxor beige, Aqua blue, Peridot, Bernstein orange, Agate grey, Limegold, Cognac, Espresso and Carrera red.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Espresso is available.

The available colors are:
Silvergrey, Racing Yellow, Guards red, Black, White, Plaitum grey, Pebble grey, Cream, Yachting blue, Luxor beige, Aqua blue, Peridot, Bernstein orange, Agate grey, Limegold, Cognac, Espresso and Carrera red.
Thanks

Old 08-04-2013, 06:50 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
For your colour exterior, Suzy is right, the espresso stitching would look really good.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by DBYT
For your colour exterior, Suzy is right, the espresso stitching would look really good.
I'M crossing fingers i can still do the changes!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Maybe I'm just interfering with something I shouldn't, but wouldn't the two-tone espresso/cognac be an option? I think that really looks amazing with the Mahogony Brown exterior. I wouldn't do the red stitching in that case, but since that interior already has a lot of deviated stitching on the dash, you could maybe opt to get the stitching on the seats and doorpanels in Espresso, which is a nice contrast with the Cognac leather.

Personally I think that is one of the most beautiful color combinations that Porsche offers at the moment.
All this is just a matter of personal taste of course, but maybe you didn't think of that option and that's why I wanted to mention it

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Edit:
Did a quick config. I really thought about getting this combination myself, because it has a very classy and rich look. Sorry for bad quality of the pics, did it on an old windows laptop with a bad graphics card.

Attachment 267496

Attachment 267497
The combination you suggested is really great, actually I wrote to my dealer to call Germany to try to make those changes, science this was On Sunday afternoon I guess he will read this tomorrow.
I got into the Mexican Porsche website where I ordered my car, but they don't have the bi tone natural leather (expresso-cognac).
Based on my mahogany metallic for exterior, what other options do you suggest? I thought trying to change the red stitching for expresso for the Luxor leather. I'm not really sure how would it look. Yesterday I saw a Ferrari w red stitching on beige interiors and I didn't go crazy for it.
I think stitching looks much better when it is lighter than the leather and not the inverse, but science I have to contrast the mahogany, I don't see many other options than beige, beige-black. But what color the stitching?
I think I won't be able to sleep again because if my Porsche obsession.
Thanks for your help.
H

Old 08-05-2013, 03:08 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !

The combination you suggested is really great, actually I wrote to my dealer to call Germany to try to make those changes, science this was On Sunday afternoon I guess he will read this tomorrow.
I got into the Mexican Porsche website where I ordered my car, but they don't have the bi tone natural leather (expresso-cognac).
Based on my mahogany metallic for exterior, what other options do you suggest? I thought trying to change the red stitching for expresso for the Luxor leather. I'm not really sure how would it look. Yesterday I saw a Ferrari w red stitching on beige interiors and I didn't go crazy for it.
I think stitching looks much better when it is lighter than the leather and not the inverse, but science I have to contrast the mahogany, I don't see many other options than beige, beige-black. But what color the stitching?
I think I won't be able to sleep again because if my Porsche obsession.
Thanks for your help.
H
The Espresso/Cognac isn't on every configurator yet. On the Swiss comfigurator it appeared last week, but I could order it more than 2 months ago, when it was introduced on te German and U.S website.
If they refuse it (can't imagine it why), I would opt for the two-tone Black/Luxor Beige, that has already deviated stitching on the dash in beige and you can, if you want, go for black stitching on the Luxor beige parts (seats, doorpanels) as an axtra option. The Lixor beige stitching on the dashboard and upper doorpanels comes as standard with the two-tone interiors

The other choice IMO is a full Luxor Beige interior, with stitching in Espresso.

I hope they let you make the changes you want. Keep us informed.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
The Espresso/Cognac isn't on every configurator yet. On the Swiss comfigurator it appeared last week, but I could order it more than 2 months ago, when it was introduced on te German and U.S website.
If they refuse it (can't imagine it why), I would opt for the two-tone Black/Luxor Beige, that has already deviated stitching on the dash in beige and you can, if you want, go for black stitching on the Luxor beige parts (seats, doorpanels) as an axtra option. The Lixor beige stitching on the dashboard and upper doorpanels comes as standard with the two-tone interiors

The other choice IMO is a full Luxor Beige interior, with stitching in Espresso.

I hope they let you make the changes you want. Keep us informed.
Thanks, my dealer is getting in touch with Germany.
So if they would let me do the changes for espresso cognac, would you leave the seat belts and sport chrono in red guard or what would of be a nice sporty contrast?
What about the stitching? I was thinking beige or cream with changes allowed. Or maybe still leave chrono, belts and stiching in red?

Last edited by dr bit; 08-05-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:06 AM

Thanks, my dealer is getting in touch with Germany.
So if they would let me do the changes for espresso cognac, would you leave the seat belts and sport chrono in red guard or what would of be a nice sporty contrast?
What about the stitching? I was thinking beige or cream with changes allowed. Or maybe still leave chrono, belts and stiching in red?
If you can get the Espresso/Cognac, you already get partly deviated stitching. That comes standard with that two-tone interior. The dashboard and the upper doorpanels are in Espresso leather with cognac stitching. The seats, lower doorpanels and armrests on the doorpanels are in cognac and don't have deviated stitching. You could get espresso stitching on these parts, which would look very classy IMO. That way the whole interior would be in Espresso/Cognac with the opposite colored stitching.

If you want colored dials I would get the white dials with this interior. Red doesn't match. i also wouldn't get colored seatbelts if it was my car. At least not with this interior.

Personally I think the guards red doesn't match with these colors. The Mahogony exterior has a classic, rich look IMO and I would make the interior also classic an rich in that car. But in the end it is your car and therefor your decision

Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
If you can get the Espresso/Cognac, you already get partly deviated stitching. That comes standard with that two-tone interior. The dashboard and the upper doorpanels are in Espresso leather with cognac stitching. The seats, lower doorpanels and armrests on the doorpanels are in cognac and don't have deviated stitching. You could get espresso stitching on these parts, which would look very classy IMO. That way the whole interior would be in Espresso/Cognac with the opposite colored stitching.

If you want colored dials I would get the white dials with this interior. Red doesn't match. i also wouldn't get colored seatbelts if it was my car. At least not with this interior.

Personally I think the guards red doesn't match with these colors. The Mahogony exterior has a classic, rich look IMO and I would make the interior also classic an rich in that car. But in the end it is your car and therefor your decision
As usual, I'm in total agreement with Suzy!

Old 08-05-2013, 10:29 AM
I did some better quality renders on my macbook.

White dials, leather center console trim, leather steering column, PCM package in leather, mahogony interior package.

For deviated stitching I would choose these options if it was my car:
24891 deviated stitching front & rear seats in Espresso
24905 deviated stitching rear side panels in Espresso
26741 deviated stitching door center panels in Espresso
26751 deviated stitching arm rests in Espresso
26761 deviated stitching door handles in Espresso
90027 deviated stitching for option XNS (leather steering column) in Cognac

Name:  image-3569584728.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  298.1 KB

Name:  image-1390977958.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  402.3 KB

Name:  image-152222372.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  357.3 KB

Name:  image-2217179992.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  396.6 KB

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I did some better quality renders on my macbook.

White dials, leather center console trim, leather steering column, PCM package in leather, mahogony interior package.

Attachment 267578

Attachment 267579

Attachment 267580

Attachment 267581
Looks awesome but I'd retain the beige roof interior.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Looks awesome but I'd retain the beige roof interior.
If that is possible, it would be an option indeed. I like dark roofs in cars, so didn't think of that I have no idea if that is possible to get the roof in, for example, Cognac Alcantara.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Looks amazing! I love the combination!
I would stay w aluminum instead of wood, make amazing contrast.
Still thinking about the seat belts, wouldn't like to keep them in black, but the only options would be beige or red.
I completely get the concept of classy you mentioned, that's why I chose the mahogany, but want to ad a sporty touch... Mmmm I slept 5 hours because of this, still waiting answer from Germany. My wife hates The words Porsche, stitching, configuration Lol.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Looks amazing! I love the combination!
I would stay w aluminum instead of wood, make amazing contrast.
Still thinking about the seat belts, wouldn't like to keep them in black, but the only options would be beige or red.
I completely get the concept of classy you mentioned, that's why I chose the mahogany, but want to ad a sporty touch... Mmmm I slept 5 hours because of this, still waiting answer from Germany. My wife hates The words Porsche, stitching, configuration Lol.
Haha, I understand how you feel

Aluminium trim looks just as nice indeed and looks a bit more sporty. BTW, if you hate fingerprints, I would go for the brushed aluminium trim.
The seatbelts is a difficult one. I get your idea of bringing some sportiness in the interior, but IMO the guards red is too bright to match with this interior and the luxor beige is a completely different color than the cognac. Personally I would leave them black, but that's just my taste. Maybe you can ask if there are Espresso colored seatbelts available, but I don't think that it is possible.

Last edited by Suzy991; 08-05-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Glare from Beige Dash on Windshield?