991 Vendor Classifieds Vendors post your classifieds here

Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:18 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Are any of these videos from non-PSE C2S? I presume such cars have some sort of vacuum valve actuator to plug into the Awe system, as per instructions. I briefly looked under my car and could not readily see it...

Old 02-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
On a non-PSE car, the exhaust will sound and work the same way as displayed in our video because the valving will be controlled automatically, opening at higher RPMs. The key advantage to running it on a PSE car is the manual valve control that is offered, aside from that the physical sound is unchanged.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:27 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
How about a little SwitchPath™ music to brighten up your afternoon?

Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zack/AWE
On a non-PSE car, the exhaust will sound and work the same way as displayed in our video because the valving will be controlled automatically, opening at higher RPMs. The key advantage to running it on a PSE car is the manual valve control that is offered, aside from that the physical sound is unchanged.
Do you offer a remote switch to open the valves on non-PSE cars?

Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by RossL
Do you offer a remote switch to open the valves on non-PSE cars?
Not at this time. On Non-PSE cars, the SwitchPath™ Exhaust will operate in a similar manner to the stock system, based off of accelerator input.

However, your dealer should be able to perform a PSE-retrofit using OEM parts, which should run somewhere around $400 through your Porsche dealership.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 05-07-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:32 AM
johnhagle is on a distinguished road
AWE Switchpath review,NON PSE 911S

After reading numerous glowing reviews of the AWE Switchpath exhaust system, i decided to contact the guys at TAG motorsports. Scheduling an appointment with ALex at TAG, I proceeded to drive to the San Diego area and have my new system installed at no charge by the technicians at TAG. Two hours and twenty minutes of waiting in their clean and beautiful facility, i was on the road back home to Ventura County. The sound is beautiful ,aggressive,and like music to any Porsche driver. Short shifting with either PDK,or manual, will keep things at status quo. Roll on, or stomp the go pedal and the music starts! I averaged 32.6 MPG @68 MPH avg. on the down wind leg to TAG. The ride home was 19.2 MPG, mostly due to the shrill of the flat six singing her glory. I will warn you that the AWE exhaust will have an effect of making you want to smash the pedal quite often. I have over Five hundred miles of driving on the Switchpath, and there is absolutely no drone at freeway cruising speeds. I will be open and honest and tell you that i will be getting the PSE swtich/button in order to control the valves. You can do it through throttle modulation , but there are moments when you need to act your age,lol. I can highly recommend TAG motorsports, and the AWE Switchpath exhaust to any who are seeking the proper sound from their 991's.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor
John, glad to hear the guys at TAG rocked the install, and love your impressions on the exhaust. Glad you've been enjoying your new soundtrack.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the Carrera and Carrera 4. The best of both worlds for PSE-Equipped vehicles. Civil and Aggressive in one system. Find out more here, http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-tuning...ipped-vehicles

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 01-15-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor
Another gorgeous 991 C2S with the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPatch™ Exhaust.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:37 AM
super50 has a spectacular aura aboutsuper50 has a spectacular aura about
Andrew - in a PSE car, is the install a DIY?
Does the rear bumper have to come off for the install?

Thank you.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by super50
Andrew - in a PSE car, is the install a DIY?
Does the rear bumper have to come off for the install?

Thank you.
It can be done, but we recommend having it done by a professional.

There are installation instructions available if you want to try it yourself. Check them out here, http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/...th_exhaust.pdf

Old 02-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Former Vendor
Check out this awesome video by TAG Motorsports featuring the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.

Last edited by Josh/AWE; 02-19-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:24 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
My installer took less than an hour from start to finish and didn't have to remove the rear bumper. A few members of this forum have installed the system themselves and posted their experiences: "search" is your friend in this case.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:39 PM
GAndoni24 is on a distinguished road
I too purchased the AWE switchpath from TAG down in San Diego and installed it at our shop in LA. Didn't take too long but when installing an exhaust every minute feels like an hour !

The car sounds like a race car flying on the track. I feel like videos never do the exhaust any justice - I've seen every video out there (I think) and it still doesn't compare to how it sounds in person! It is absolutely amazing every time you mash on the throttle (heads turning everywhere) and still so easy to drive every day. My parents can even drive it without getting a headache.

This is the perfect exhaust for me and for the price it's hard to find a better value

Old 02-23-2015, 09:04 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GAndoni24
I too purchased the AWE switchpath from TAG down in San Diego and installed it at our shop in LA. Didn't take too long but when installing an exhaust every minute feels like an hour !

The car sounds like a race car flying on the track. I feel like videos never do the exhaust any justice - I've seen every video out there (I think) and it still doesn't compare to how it sounds in person! It is absolutely amazing every time you mash on the throttle (heads turning everywhere) and still so easy to drive every day. My parents can even drive it without getting a headache.

This is the perfect exhaust for me and for the price it's hard to find a better value
Glad you are happy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.