991 Vendor Classifieds Vendors post your classifieds here

Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:41 PM
EBuyuk is on a distinguished road
What kind of 100-200kmh / 60-130mph performance numbers can we expect when comparing to stock c4s with pse?

Old 02-27-2015, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EBuyuk
What kind of 100-200kmh / 60-130mph performance numbers can we expect when comparing to stock c4s with pse?
There are many variables involved..everything from weather to driver to individual car setup. It's impossible to give you a quantifiable figure. That said, you will see an increase in performance. You may find yourself doing that 100-200kmh run quite a bit once you fall in love with the sound.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:01 AM
Well buying it for the sound is completely different. I think the sound of the switchpath is awesome! But since there is a claim of 20hp, you would see this in a real life performance test. The dyno doesn't mean anything if the car has the same 100-200 times keeping all variables to a minimum. 20hp would give you a big enough difference in a 100-200 test if its the same weather condition, same driver, same amount of fuel, same location.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:39 PM
Please do not mis understand my critique, as I want to purchase the system if I can guarantee a performance gain on a 100-200km. As I am located in Turkey, for me to receive the switchpath it will cost me approx 50% more than your retail due to customs and so on. Otherwise the exhaust will be too expensive just for sound.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SupremePower
We did a install a month or two ago for the switch path. Our customer noticed immediately a change in speed. He couldn't be more happy with the performance and sound. PM for more info!

Here's a vid
Awesome!

Old 03-02-2015, 09:03 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I generally stay out of threads like this, but there is no way you are going to see 20 HP gain with a simple cat back swap out of the center muffler on a 991. I had a AWE Switchpath on my 991S for 1 day, and all it does is remove the center baffle and replace it with conjoined straight pipes for 1/2 the exhaust, the other half of the exhaust still has the original side mufflers on it. Now, people that buy these may THINK they are going faster, because they are making a heck of a lot of noise with it, but the reality is to get those kind of gains involves removing the stock cats and going high-flow, putting more air into the engine with low restriction air filters and a re-map of the DME. Even then, you'd be hard pressed to pick up much more then 5 to 8 hp.

The Porsche Powerkit (X51) costs $ 11,000 for 30 HP and requires replacing the intake manifold and other components so there is a a couple thousand in labor on top of that to install. Do you really Porsche would leave 20 HP on the table due to a center muffler design? You would be pretty naive if you did.

Buy a pipe if you want to make noise or change the tone. I found the AWE to be far too loud and boomy on my car and returned it, then put a complete cat back Tubi exhaust on my car for tone only. It's 3x the cost of the AWE and it doesn't add power, either...but it sounds really sweet.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
We found our 20 crank horsepower rating in the midrange, particularly between 3600 and 4800 RPMs. This is quite noticeable when driven, as our customers have already attested to. The X51 upgrade is extracting 30 horsepower in the high RPM range, it's a different solution and the included components are justified to get those numbers. We dynoed our development car in house and peak wheel power gains were 5 HP and 1 FT-LB of torque with our system.

It is not naive to think that Porsche left power on the table when they also had to factor in gas mileage, emissions, sound, and more. In the pursuit of power we understandably increased volume. Sound is subjective, and we do our best to provide representation of what our exhaust sounds like. As it was on your 911S for one day, unfortunately we were never able to thoroughly diagnose the install of our exhaust on your vehicle to ensure proper functionality of the valves. We stood by our SwitchPatch system with a Sound Satisfaction guarantee and brought it back to us.

We are always here to answer any questions and diagnose any issues. Anyone please feel free to PM me at any time and I will do my best to ensure satisfaction.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Porschetech3 will become famous soon enoughPorschetech3 will become famous soon enough

Waterproof wireless remote

Hi Mike , I don't know if you have found a solution to your problem of turning off and on the exhaust valves on cars WITHOUT factory PSE, but if not I have a solution for you. I have a source for a high quality wireless transmitter/receiver that will control a factory style change-over vacuum valve to operate the exhaust valves. Small key fob type transmitter and small credit card size water-proof receiver suitable for mounting in engine compartment .It is a lot simpler than installing factory button and wiring . I use this wireless system to control the sound symposer in my 997.1 and 996 retrofit sound symposer/CAI kit . If you need a source for the wireless remote let me know. Best regards

Old 03-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !Axxlrod Is a GOD !
Will this exhaust fit on GTS?

I would think so, but since GTS cars have the X-51 kit and the wide body, I'd thought I'd ask first.

Any pics or vids of this exhaust on a GTS car?

Old 03-24-2015, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Will this exhaust fit on GTS?

I would think so, but since GTS cars have the X-51 kit and the wide body, I'd thought I'd ask first.

Any pics or vids of this exhaust on a GTS car?
Fitment is confirmed, yes!

Old 03-25-2015, 06:05 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MikeSpock/AWE
We found our 20 crank horsepower rating in the midrange, particularly between 3600 and 4800 RPMs. This is quite noticeable when driven, as our customers have already attested to.
Mike, Why don't you submit to an independent test to verify your power claims? Supplier provided data and butt dyno anectodes have obvious limitations.

If an independent tester validates the data, I'm sure your sales would skyrocket and silence the doubters. There are plenty of enthusiast websites and magazines out there that would love to help settle this once and for all.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:58 PM
midwesterner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porschetech3

Waterproof wireless remote

Hi Mike , I don't know if you have found a solution to your problem of turning off and on the exhaust valves on cars WITHOUT factory PSE, but if not I have a solution for you. I have a source for a high quality wireless transmitter/receiver that will control a factory style change-over vacuum valve to operate the exhaust valves. Small key fob type transmitter and small credit card size water-proof receiver suitable for mounting in engine compartment .It is a lot simpler than installing factory button and wiring . I use this wireless system to control the sound symposer in my 997.1 and 996 retrofit sound symposer/CAI kit . If you need a source for the wireless remote let me know. Best regards
I would be really interested in something like this. Is this available for the 991?

Old 10-13-2015, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor

Old 01-17-2016, 02:39 AM
DocM is on a distinguished road
I have a 991 GTS (which comes with PSE), I am trying to find a good comparison between the three most popular X pipes with valves : Cargraphic, FVD and AWE tuning. Did someone try all three systems? I would like to compare:
1. Sound level inside and outside the cabin below and above 3000 rpms
2. Quality of sound below and above 3000 rpms: deep, high pitched, growl, pops and burbles
3. Drone and resonance with valves open and closed
4. Torque below 3000 rpms
5. Any other comments / recommendations are very welcome.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:57 PM
00spyder is on a distinguished road
I did similar research before purchasing the AWE. All three are fairly similar as they are x-pipes the essentially eliminate the center PSE muffler. When the valves are open, they are all loud. Not unbearable in the car, but you will scare women and children on the street. With the valves closed, they run through the side mufflers and are near stock quiet. I believe the Cartographic has the deepest tone, then the FVD, then the AWE. However, the AWE has a significantly deeper tone than the stock PSE with the valves open. The burbles and pops on over run are substantial. The Cartographic has small resonators that I believe add to the deepness in tone due to the increased volume, but some have complained of a moderate drone with the valves open. I can tell you that I have experienced no drone with the AWE, with valves open or closed.

The AWE is completely civilized with the valves closed. However, put it in sport with the valves open and the beast is unleashed. Be prepared, the car will scream and wake the neighbors (possibly the dead) with the valves open in sport mode at 5K+ RPM's. I love it.

From what I understand, the Cargraphic and FVD are very similar at RPM's exceeding 5K.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Introducing the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for the CS and C4S.