HomeLink will NOT program!!!! Help please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:40 PM
JK996TT is on a distinguished road
I am beginning to think the same thing. I've had some that were really stubborn - like my last LP560. Ironically, it also required the remote be placed at the front bumper and the lights would also flash, however, once they flashed, the code was programmed. All I needed to do then was to press the learn button on the opener itself, press the HomeLink button once again, and it was complete. Time to call the dealer....

Everyone's help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. The support on this forum has always been second to none. It's good to be back after nearly 10 years away from Porsche (other than the f'ing remote!!!)) My avatar is my 2004 996TT....my last P-car.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Porsche and/or Homelink just don't have their act together.

I have 2 2013 Porsches - a C2S and a Panny GTS. I got the C2S in March. Came home, programmed the Homelink for both garage door openers on the first try.

I got the Panny in May. I tried repeatedly over a matter of months to program it. I tried the instructions from the owners manual; the instructions from Homelink's webpage; and variations on both. No luck.

Then, about a month ago, I tried again with the manual instructions. No problem, programmed on first try.

WTF??????

The car's possessed by evil spirits, that's my only conclusion. I've always believed that tertiary systems in Porsches (sun visors, cupholders, etc.) are designed by some engineer's "challenged" nephew. I'm now adding garage remotes to that list.

DMoore
'13 C2S
'13 970GTS

Old 11-19-2013, 10:49 PM
My 2 entry gates programmed effortlessly in seconds. They're not rolling code. My HomeLink seems to have an issue with the rolling code only. Just for the heck of it, I might just give it a shot at my in-law's house on their garage door. I do know that the Chamberlain system has been difficult with some of my cars over the years.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
I simply called homelink customer support - I had my remote controllers with battery run out (I know I'm lazy) but the guy was so good he had me program my C4S homelink using my garage keypad -- I was very impressed! I have latest gen (ok perhaps 5 years old, rolling code) craftsman opener.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:03 PM
JB-991 is on a distinguished road
Finally got mine working today! The instructions in the manual are completely useless and complicate the process. All I had to do once I cleared and set the flashers to flash 3 times, last step is to push the learn button on the garage lift itself (located under the light cover) until it blinks, then you have 30secs to go back into car and push the home link button again. You should see garage door work.

Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I am going to give it a try....still not working. Thanks!!!!

Old 12-02-2013, 08:21 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
oh God this thread is going to give me confidence to try again. I've had my 991 for a year and haven't tried it. I gave up on my 997.2S.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chance6
oh God this thread is going to give me confidence to try again. I've had my 991 for a year and haven't tried it. I gave up on my 997.2S.
Try calling homelink customer support, get the garage door remote controller handy and it should work after you hang up your phone. They are awesome-- no need to worry!

Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 AM
I have tried literally every suggestion on here. HomeLink support says my car's HomeLink is defective, however, after a trip to Porsche for service they attempted to program my remote to 3 other new cars all to no avail. That same remote operates all 4 of my garage doors from long distances with no problem, yet will not program to the Porsche. I programmed my 458 with the same remote in a matter of seconds. Here's the best part - HomeLink is part of Chamberlain. My garage door openers are also Chamberlain. Conclusion: There is an incompatibility with my remote and the Porsche HomeLink.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:14 AM
mas8002mi will become famous soon enough
I just followed the EXACT directions as per porsche app/manual.

the difference between this and other cars is u HAVE to program the remote and the homelink FIRST, THEN u have to program the overhead opener console and homelink.

it worked for me after a couple of tries. But I had to follow the EXACT directions.

usually with other cars, u just reprogram the overhead console and homelink, u do not have to use the remote.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:10 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Smile Great info thank you!

With multiple houses, and different garage door openers, I'm sure I'll have fun when the time comes...

Old 12-05-2013, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by mas8002mi
I just followed the EXACT directions as per porsche app/manual.

the difference between this and other cars is u HAVE to program the remote and the homelink FIRST, THEN u have to program the overhead opener console and homelink.

it worked for me after a couple of tries. But I had to follow the EXACT directions.

usually with other cars, u just reprogram the overhead console and homelink, u do not have to use the remote.
What do you mean by "program the remote"? My remote opens the garage door already. Please explain. Also, which directions are you referring to? Thanks.

Old 12-05-2013, 07:15 AM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JK996TT
What do you mean by "program the remote"? My remote opens the garage door already. Please explain. Also, which directions are you referring to? Thanks.
I think that he meant to say that there are two steps. First you have to program the button in your car with your handheld remote. Then you have to "teach" the garage door opener to recognize the Porsche's remote by pressing the "learn" button on the opener motor and then pressing the Porsche's remote button two to three times until the door opens or closes.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:40 AM
mas8002mi will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JK996TT
1. clear the codes on the homelink.

2. press button on homelink that u want to program and then stand in front of the car with ur garage remote and hold the button down. Ur car will acknoledge the program with the indicators blinking.

THEN:

3. press the prog button on the overhead console of the garage door opener: immediately get into ur car and press the programmed homelink button. The overhead opener bulb will blink twice to acknowledge the program of the homelink button.

this is approx what I remember.

i followed the instructions on the Porsche- iManual on my iPhone.

So far no prob with my homelink. Sometimes when my car has its back to the garage door, it takes a few tries to operate the door, but never had a prob with the car facing forward.

hope this helps.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the input. That's how it should work and how other cars work. Mine is special and won't take the programming in step 2. And to think...I didn't even pay extra for my special feature.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HomeLink will NOT program!!!! Help please...