HomeLink will NOT program!!!! Help please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:21 PM
dwaynemosley is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JK996TT
Thanks for the input. That's how it should work and how other cars work. Mine is special and won't take the programming in step 2. And to think...I didn't even pay extra for my special feature.
I had to hold my original remote very near the mirror/switches when programming Homelink as in step two above. I did it from the inside by keeping the Homelink button pressed at the same time as the original remote's button until the Homelink light started rapidly flashing or went solid, one of the two. Get out, press the "train" button and back to the car to press the Homelink button you just programmed until the garage opener light blinks, the door starts to move, or both.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:42 PM
JK996TT is on a distinguished road
I will give this method a try in the AM...Nothing to lose. Standby for the result. Thanks.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:50 AM
topdaytrader is an unknown quantity at this point
That's how I do it too.

Originally Posted by dwaynemosley
I had to hold my original remote very near the mirror/switches when programming Homelink as in step two above. I did it from the inside by keeping the Homelink button pressed at the same time as the original remote's button until the Homelink light started rapidly flashing or went solid, one of the two. Get out, press the "train" button and back to the car to press the Homelink button you just programmed until the garage opener light blinks, the door starts to move, or both.

Old 12-07-2013, 01:55 PM
knurly is on a distinguished road
Not trying to pile on, but in case you are starting to suspect a defect transmitter/receiver on your 991...

I followed the http://www.homelink.com/home instructions, after reading the Porsche manual too, and everything worked as documented first time.

My particulars: stood in front of the vehicle while pressing my extra remote to "teach" the car system. I did have to follow the extra steps for a rolling code system by pressing the "learn" button on the the door lifter unit and then exercising the newly programmed button in the Porsche. I think it started responding after only 2 presses of the car button.

Good luck!

Old 01-29-2014, 06:19 AM
JK996TT is on a distinguished road
I tried again last night just for the hell of it after waiting several weeks. Low and behold, it miraculously programmed on the 4th try. The lights flashed 3 times, I hit the learn button on the opener, pressed the HomeLink button 3 times and the lights flashed on the opener. Done. Nothing has changed. Weird, but I am happy.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:06 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Guess better late than never, but I agree . . . weird!

Old 03-29-2014, 02:46 PM
icenfire is on a distinguished road
Totally works now!!!

Originally Posted by JB-991
Finally got mine working today! The instructions in the manual are completely useless and complicate the process. All I had to do once I cleared and set the flashers to flash 3 times, last step is to push the learn button on the garage lift itself (located under the light cover) until it blinks, then you have 30secs to go back into car and push the home link button again. You should see garage door work.

Awesome!!! It totally works now!!!!!

Old 03-31-2014, 01:21 PM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Guys,
I just got done programming my new 2014 TTS Homelink to my Overhead Door rolling code opener. It was very easy. I followed these instructions from the Overhead Door website. You need to have the 911 key on Accessory.

Most rolling code openers operate and program the same way, so these instructions should work for most brand garage door openers.

Notes:
Step 1 clears the Homelink buttons in the 911. In Step 2, hold the remote control for the garage door a couple inches away from the 911 Homelink button you are programing. In Step 5, hold the 911 Homelink button in for 2 seconds each time you press it. You may want to unplug your Garage Door opener during steps 1 and 2 to avoid burning out the motor. Plug the opener back in before proceeding to Step 3.

>
5 Steps To Program Your HomeLink® System

Note: Some vehicles may require the ignition be turned on or the vehicle actually running to program the Homelink® transceiver.

To program a rolling code compatible Homelink® system, please follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink® system until the LED starts to blink, release buttons

2. Press and hold the desired Homelink® button and the transmit button on your rolling code transmitter at the same time until the Homelink® LED changes from a slow blink to a rapid blink. (Your Homelink® system is now programmed)

3. Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener. (These are located under the light cover or on the rear panel depending on model)

4. Press the learn code button on the garage door opener, a red LED will start to blink. (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming)

5. While the LED on the garage door opener is blinking, return to the vehicle and press the pre-programmed Homelink® button 4 times. (Or until the garage door operates).
>
bump and thank you.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:06 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
I finally figured out how to do this on my older Chamberlain Liftmaster Pro (circa 2000) model 1280r Garage Door openers. Neither the Porsche manual or the garage opener owner's manual instruction worked, it's a combination of two steps.

Here's how its done for this unit:

1) Clear the memory in the Porsche as per the owners manual

2) Key on, Press the button inside the car that you want to correspond to the door opener, once it flashes go to the front of the car with a remote that you know operates the garage door, hold it 8" away or so from the hood badge, then press and hold the button that operates the door on you,r handheld remote. Hold down on the button until your amber parking lights flash three times. Repeat if needed until you get the three flashes. Once you do, then go to the next step:

3) Climb a ladder and press the SMART button on the garage door opener once (do not hold it down). Now you have 30 seconds to get off the ladder and go back to the car, then press the button you assigned inside the car earlier to operate the door. Your garage door opener will flash the light one time, and now you're done. It's programmed.

Last edited by drcollie; 04-03-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:41 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Is anyone having intermittent success with Homelink? I successfully programmed my Panamera's Homelink button with my Chamberlain remote, and then "paired" it with my opener. It works sometimes, but fails more often than not. Anyone seeing these intermittent issues and know a cure? And yes, I have tried wiping the Panamera's Homelink memory and starting fresh, to no avail.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:39 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear. I have had no intermittent issues whatsoever. Only suggestion I would make is to redo the learning process except pair your car with the main unit and not the remote. Don't know if this is the answer, but maybe worth a try. Don't know why Porsche makes the process such a PITA - it is a 1, 2, 3 process with other brand cars.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:28 AM
mfreeman is on a distinguished road
The only problem is if you have another vehicle in the garage which was previously successfully coupled with the garage door opener, you have now disabled it. Make sure you remove that vehicle a distance from the garage before you couple your Porsche to the opener.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:51 PM
shawn gates is an unknown quantity at this point
It worked!! On

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Guys,
I just got done programming my new 2014 TTS Homelink to my Overhead Door rolling code opener. It was very easy. I followed these instructions from the Overhead Door website. You need to have the 911 key on Accessory.

Most rolling code openers operate and program the same way, so these instructions should work for most brand garage door openers.

Notes:
Step 1 clears the Homelink buttons in the 911. In Step 2, hold the remote control for the garage door a couple inches away from the 911 Homelink button you are programing. In Step 5, hold the 911 Homelink button in for 2 seconds each time you press it. You may want to unplug your Garage Door opener during steps 1 and 2 to avoid burning out the motor. Plug the opener back in before proceeding to Step 3.

>
5 Steps To Program Your HomeLink® System

Note: Some vehicles may require the ignition be turned on or the vehicle actually running to program the Homelink® transceiver.

To program a rolling code compatible Homelink® system, please follow these steps.

1. Press and hold the two outside buttons on the Homelink® system until the LED starts to blink, release buttons

2. Press and hold the desired Homelink® button and the transmit button on your rolling code transmitter at the same time until the Homelink® LED changes from a slow blink to a rapid blink. (Your Homelink® system is now programmed)

3. Locate the learn code button on your garage door opener. (These are located under the light cover or on the rear panel depending on model)

4. Press the learn code button on the garage door opener, a red LED will start to blink. (You will have 30 seconds to complete programming)

5. While the LED on the garage door opener is blinking, return to the vehicle and press the pre-programmed Homelink® button 4 times. (Or until the garage door operates).
>

Old 03-27-2017, 08:50 AM
beegee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JB-991
Finally got mine working today! The instructions in the manual are completely useless and complicate the process. All I had to do once I cleared and set the flashers to flash 3 times, last step is to push the learn button on the garage lift itself (located under the light cover) until it blinks, then you have 30secs to go back into car and push the home link button again. You should see garage door work.
This worked perfectly on my 2013 991. thank you!