Bose door speaker distortion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Robsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to behold
Bose door speaker distortion

Planning to have both door speakers dampened due to distortion/resonation.
This will be my initial foray into improving sound quality for relatively little $$.
I was curious if anyone else has done so already and if it was helpful.
I have seen multiple threads on complete upgrade (ie JL audio, Focus, etc) and wonder if this impacts warranty in any way.
FYI -- I have PSE and love the sound but also like my iPod.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:16 PM
hdawg will become famous soon enough
I have the bose speakers and also get some resonance but seems to be more the door trim than the speakers at fault. Had this looked at by my opc , who took of the door trim , tightened some things up and refit it. Its certainly better....

Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Robsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hdawg
I have the bose speakers and also get some resonance but seems to be more the door trim than the speakers at fault. Had this looked at by my opc , who took of the door trim , tightened some things up and refit it. Its certainly better....
I tried that at dealer; told me door panel fine. But I agree with you; when I press against the driver door panel it improves sound quality.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Would be annoying if u upgrade the speakers and the door panel resonates more! Sorry to put a dampener on your idea but worth thinking about.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:11 AM
Originally Posted by hdawg
Would be annoying if u upgrade the speakers and the door panel resonates more! Sorry to put a dampener on your idea but worth thinking about.
Initial plan is to dampen the doors without changing the speakers.
Audio installer notes that without addressing the Bose amp, any changes to speakers likely not advantageous. Also notes Bose (and other manufacturers) purposefully make it difficult to change existing setup. Would like to hear from those much more versed than I in audio tech!!

Old 12-04-2013, 04:28 AM
Scooper is on a distinguished road
I had my 2013 C2S in just last week for what I thought was a problem with the drivers door speaker. I get distortion, intermittently. Turned out that the speaker is fine and mounting' all tight. It's the placement. On base heavy songs the mirror adjustment buttons vibrate like annoying little symbols. Dealer says there's nothing they can do about it. Tech's response was like old joke "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this...Doc says well don't do that". Tech told me to "just turn off the base" :-(

Old 12-04-2013, 04:35 AM
Amazing response from your dealer scooper! Haha, suppose you gotta give him some credit for having the ***** to come out with such BS!

Old 12-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by Scooper
I had my 2013 C2S in just last week for what I thought was a problem with the drivers door speaker. I get distortion, intermittently. Turned out that the speaker is fine and mounting' all tight. It's the placement. On base heavy songs the mirror adjustment buttons vibrate like annoying little symbols. Dealer says there's nothing they can do about it. Tech's response was like old joke "Hey Doc, it hurts when I do this...Doc says well don't do that". Tech told me to "just turn off the base" :-(
More or less same response I was given by dealer. Un-f'in-acceptable!!!
Audio expert needs a day to dampen both doors for about $600- labor/"stuffing"- I can live with that for a first attempt.
Still want to know more about PCM interface and warranty if u start muckin with audio components.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:07 PM
shumi_9 is on a distinguished road
I guess I am fortunate...my dealer fixed the very same issue although it took 4 trips. The side mirror round switch had to be replaced with a newer model. It no longer vibrates now. Also some parts needed additional dampening inside the driver side panel. No rattles or vibrations what so ever now. Sounds great. $0 cost.

Check my thread on this subject below:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-response.html

Last edited by shumi_9; 12-05-2013 at 05:01 PM.