Do you keep any service records?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 05:16 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dux
I've also heard of some service departments (primarily BMW) not releasing service records to the new owner for reasons of confidentiality etc.
My Porsche dealer won't release past service records without that past owner's permission.

Originally Posted by nleeumd
It's all perception too, I think an owner who had the discipline to keep organized records probably took better care of the car than one that did not keep them.
Originally Posted by cal911
Well, thats a nice comfortable assumption for you and nothing more.
ok...
Sounds like "cal" is having a bad day and is being Mr. Grumpy.

I concur with "nleeumd". (Where do you people come up with these names? ) I've had buyers mention to me that seeing my nicely organized and clean garage makes them feel better about buying my car. Is there a correlation? Maybe not, but if it gives a buyer more comfort, who can argue with that?

As to the OP, yes, it's worth it to keep records. And for us DIYers, keeping the receipts of when we bought the oil and filters, etc. shows that services were performed. I write the mileage on my receipts as well.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:23 AM
sapphireblue is on a distinguished road
I keep a leather binder with complete maintenance records, copy of the build sheet, original bill of sale as well as inspection sheet if it was a CPO car. My 2011 Boxster Spyder is sitting on the showroom floor of my local dealer and guess what is sitting on the dashboard, my leather binder. Obviously the dealer finds merit in providing this information to a new owner.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:31 PM
chiroporsche will become famous soon enough
Truthfully I haven't been. But I figure since all of my service takes place at the dealer that I could have them email/print all of my records when needed.

I hope that they have this capability anyway.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:04 PM
stealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud ofstealthboy has much to be proud of
I keep a binder with all sale papers, window sticker, Euro delivery forms, service records, and gas receipts. I'm a bit **** like that.

Old 10-22-2014, 08:49 AM
sapphireblue is on a distinguished road
Just starting to put together my leather binder on my new 2014 Carrera 991.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:48 AM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
If you have gone to Porsche dealers for service they can print out the records for the owner. If the car is going to be kept over 10 years or so I would keep the paper to be on the safe side.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
1mirage has a spectacular aura about1mirage has a spectacular aura about
Agreed keeping paper is old school as Porsche has it in their database! And now they email you so you can cloud it if you want to. I have enough paper!