Does anyone use the auto stop/start feature?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Keep it disabled. Turned on with 7MT Hold feature is a fail IMO.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:08 PM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Most useless feature ever installed on a car!

Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
The feature creeps me out. I keep thinking what could happen if the car does not restart!

Old 04-16-2014, 07:32 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
The feature creeps me out. I keep thinking what could happen if the car does not restart!
It does. You get used to it. We live in the rubarbs - rural suburbs - and stopping is infrequent I like the sailing feature that puts the tranny in neutral while coasting. When in a city I turn off the auto start

Old 04-16-2014, 08:04 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bccars
i love loooooooooooooove love the sailing function in heavy traffic when i'm in to/normal ... But i hate haaaaaate hate the start/stop crap that comes with it ! Porsche please disconnect these two functionalities !
+1!!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Yep, I had it on at first and it scared the sht out of me.. i thought the car had died on me..

Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
I like the coasting function during long trips on the freeway but I can not stand the auto stop/start. I wish both were not necessarily linked.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:21 PM
wanderfalke will become famous soon enough
Start Stop or Wear and Tear feature?

Old 04-17-2014, 04:52 AM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Stupid and Stupider

Old 04-17-2014, 09:44 AM
wanderfalke will become famous soon enough
This feature seems like it would stop oil flow and stress the battery,alternator,starter,and driver right?

Old 04-17-2014, 10:57 AM
shaytun will become famous soon enoughshaytun will become famous soon enough
Never used it. Had it on during the test drive. Doesn't feel natural...never will.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by naples991
Keep it disabled. Turned on with 7MT Hold feature is a fail IMO.
I believe the Hold feature overrides auto start/stop; if you're on a hill, the car won't shut the engine off.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Red_Baron is on a distinguished road
Turned it off at the dealership upon delivery last August, and have not turned it back on.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:28 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by empunker
I tried it out and used it for one day of regular driving. I didn't care for it so now it stays disabled.

UPDATE: I was curious if it actually helped to increase the average MPG, so I decided to fill up my tank and try it out and I gained 100 miles per tank while using this feature!

I normally drive in Sport Mode with Auto Start/Stop disabled, PASM Sport and PSM disabled. I would average about 235 miles per tank (typically shifting around 4,000 RPM). Mixed city and freeway.

With Normal Mode, Auto Start/Stop enabled, PASM Normal, PSM enabled and shifting around 3,000 RPM I achieved 338 miles per tank!!!

I know that the Auto Start/Stop feature wasn't the only factor in increasing my MPG, but it certainly must have helped a bit.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 PM
shaytun will become famous soon enoughshaytun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by empunker
UPDATE: I was curious if it actually helped to increase the average MPG, so I decided to fill up my tank and try it out and I gained 100 miles per tank while using this feature!

I normally drive in Sport Mode with Auto Start/Stop disabled, PASM Sport and PSM disabled. I would average about 235 miles per tank (typically shifting around 4,000 RPM). Mixed city and freeway.

With Normal Mode, Auto Start/Stop enabled, PASM Normal, PSM enabled and shifting around 3,000 RPM I achieved 338 miles per tank!!!

I know that the Auto Start/Stop feature wasn't the only factor in increasing my MPG, but it certainly must have helped a bit.

I'm sure you're right that it helps. My guess is your shifting pattern may have been the biggest factor there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does anyone use the auto stop/start feature?