If then when?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 11:10 AM
JLnike is on a distinguished road
If then when?

If my ordered 991 was built today then when could I expect delivery? The sleepless nights begin...

Old 03-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Depends how quickly they get the car to Emden, then across the pond and into port stateside. I would say anything from 3 to 4 weeks.

Get the name of the ship from your dealer. You can then use various sites to track the ship. Waiting is part of the experience. It's all good!

Old 04-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Dealer just told me my car is at the port. Anyone know about how long until I'm driving this thing now?

Old 04-19-2014, 07:01 PM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Haku
Depends how quickly they get the car to Emden, then across the pond and into port stateside. I would say anything from 3 to 4 weeks.

Get the name of the ship from your dealer. You can then use various sites to track the ship. Waiting is part of the experience. It's all good!
Has was stated, use:http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/home

Old 04-19-2014, 08:44 PM
What would a ship tracking app help me with at this point if it's at the port?

Old 04-19-2014, 11:04 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JLnike
What would a ship tracking app help me with at this point if it's at the port?
I used marine traffic.. For iOS

The one thing you have to understand with these is that you only will get data in certain areas.. You will data from port until it gets off the coast of Spain, then nothing for a week or so until you hit Caribbean for west coast delivery But it's cool to see what you can.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 PM
Maybe you guys aren't understanding, it's at the port in the U.S.. Not overseas... I no longer need to follow the boat.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:43 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Should take a few days for dealer to get it, then a day or two of prep depending on what you have them do. Mine took two days at dealer because I had the front wrapped. Getting close! Enjoy

Old 04-20-2014, 10:53 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you guys aren't understanding, it's at the port in the U.S.. Not overseas... I no longer need to follow the boat.
No offense but, We weren't understanding because You weren't clear in what you were asking for..there are two ports..

<2 weeks depending on your proximity to port.. The cars can sit at port sometimes while the car carriers are filled..

Old 04-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
In my case it took them almost 10 days until I get my car...it was at San Diego

Old 04-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by scatkins
No offense but, We weren't understanding because You weren't clear in what you were asking for..there are two ports.. <2 weeks depending on your proximity to port.. The cars can sit at port sometimes while the car carriers are filled..
Yeah I see that now. My bad.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Yeah I see that now. My bad.
Probably have it within a week I'm guessing.. The prep at the dealer doesn't take long.. Usually by the time the dealer calls you it's ready.

You are in the home stretch

Old 04-20-2014, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Fester
In my case it took them almost 10 days until I get my car...it was at San Diego
Same for me.. I'm in oc and it was about 10 days.. From when I saw the ship hit port.. Damn things sit in the arrival area and then the car carriers (or trains) take a while to collect them..

Old 04-20-2014, 11:31 PM
flyingbird is on a distinguished road
for me, after arriving at san diego port, it took eight days before it's released for transport, and at that point, my salesman told me there was no way to know when the car would actually arrive at dealer, but it took three days to get to dealer.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:39 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Mine took 6 days from RI to northern NJ. It has to clear customs, which means the government is involved, and, as always, they are here to help you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.