991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Old 04-17-2014, 12:39 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Since I posted this morning, 100,000 views have been added to that video. His viral video is now worth way more than the car. If Porsche were my company I would give him a 918 just to shut him up, and I'm dead serious. His video's could cost Porsche millions in potential lost sales, not to mention the cost of an advertising campaign to counter his claims.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:50 PM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
Evidently PCNA never got the memo concerning the potential adverse affects of negative social media/internet exposure in today's society.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:17 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyanddive
Since I posted this morning, 100,000 views have been added to that video. His viral video is now worth way more than the car. If Porsche were my company I would give him a 918 just to shut him up, and I'm dead serious. His video's could cost Porsche millions in potential lost sales, not to mention the cost of an advertising campaign to counter his claims.
I wouldn't get too carried away.. The public has a very short memory.. I'm pretty sure the videos of Burning GT's did a fair bit of damage as well. Major product failures (IMS issues, car fires etc) tend to stick for longer periods of time..

Old 04-17-2014, 01:19 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by scatkins
I wouldn't get too carried away.. The public has a very short memory.. I'm pretty sure the videos of Burning GT's did a fair bit of damage as well. Major product failures (IMS issues, car fires etc) tend to stick for longer periods of time..
Yeah, but when you type Porsche into a search engine, Nick's video is the first thing that comes up.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
So what was the settlement?????

Old 04-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
It's unbelievable how long they toyed around with you, Nick. And now, with social media and an article, they come crawling back with their arms wide open.

Can't wait to hear what the end result is.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:44 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
Nick, congratulations on getting this resolved. I have empathized your pain through this ordeal. Did you have problems from day 1 or after what mileage did the troubles start?

Old 04-17-2014, 01:47 PM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
I wondered how long PCNA would let this go for, before doing the right thing. The video is up to 740k views. That is horrible PR. If they didn't bend over backwards to make this right, I would be surprised.

I work in computers, and know all to well that no company wants to outright replace anything, unless it is there last option. They will even go beyond what makes sense for fixing the issue, before they will replace it. And in most cases, its the smart way to do things. Your company will be loves, but broke in a heartbeat if all you did was replace things every time something went wrong.

But this issue...on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is PCNA just replacing the car...it's an easy 11. I have never seen so many issues with one car. Astonishing!

Old 04-17-2014, 01:55 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Typically if you loose in arbitration you can take it to court but the manufacturer can not. If you choose court and loose you are out of luck. If you win, the manufacturer can appeal. Appeal courts are not fun to deal with. Did you win one in court and get a big pain and suffering award?

ChuckJ
Audi legal came back with the same "bad gas" argument. I then produced every gas receipt for that car (I'm funny about record keeping), all showing crappy California 91 octane - but it's the game in town. About a week later they settled for the price of the car, then told us they didn't want it back and that we could keep it. It still runs with frequent mis-fires and other things (windows go up and down randomly, radio turns on and off by itself, etc.) but as it is a free car and we only use it for local errands never going five or so miles from the house. I suppose we could have sold it but I couldn't, in good conscience, even with disclosure, pass on a Lemon to someone else.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:55 PM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Just saw this on FB feed headline

https://www.6speedonline.com/article...sed-wrong-guy/

Word is def spreading.

Last edited by porschemama; 04-17-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:02 PM
Ulukai is on a distinguished road
Even one of Swedens largest life style sites www.feber.se has written about Nicks ordeal. Good to know that people can see right from wrong.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 PM
stealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond reputestealth.pilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tcc1999
Audi legal came back with the same "bad gas" argument. I then produced every gas receipt for that car (I'm funny about record keeping), all showing crappy California 91 octane - but it's the game in town. About a week later they settled for the price of the car, then told us they didn't want it back and that we could keep it. It still runs with frequent mis-fires and other things (windows go up and down randomly, radio turns on and off by itself, etc.) but as it is a free car and we only use it for local errands never going five or so miles from the house. I suppose we could have sold it but I couldn't, in good conscience, even with disclosure, pass on a Lemon to someone else.
I've got to say that its disappointing that Audi didn't want the car back. If they believe in continuous improvement they should want the car to learn from it (i.e. take it apart and see what went wrong in production process). That they don't care, means they aren't committed to quality.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:46 PM
rallybagger is on a distinguished road
If Porsche has half a brain they will either make a big statement showing Nick with a brand new car to make it right OR they will insert gag orders into the settlement to do away with the whole ordeal.

Either way - good for you Nick !

Old 04-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nmurray22
Good news!

I have been contacted by PCNA to settle this. This whole mess will end today hopefully. Good that they are doing the right thing. Good for them.
Well done! I wonder whether they will require you to sign a confidentiality clause.

Old 04-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Norman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really niceNorman75 is just really nice
Congrats Nick. I really hope you get to enjoy your next car.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video