991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Old 04-17-2014, 03:54 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
The video is still up, so I'm guessing nothing has happened. Make sure you get their promises in writing, faxed to you right away.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 PM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by flyanddive
The video is still up, so I'm guessing nothing has happened. Make sure you get their promises in writing, faxed to you right away.
The video is still up but I have put I note on it that this is resolved. I think I will leave the video up and point people to a new video to talk about what happened.

In the end TV and Radio were wanting to get involved as well and it had frankly gotten a lot bigger than I had ever expected so I was glad to get the call.

PCNA were offering me what they thought I would get a arbertation which is the standard offer for these sorts of cases, where as my position was that I felt what I had been through was more than just a standard case and wanted a full refund or replacement. People can decide themselves if they agree or not.

I can certainly see PCNA point of view and I hope they could see mine. The difference between what was offered and what I wanted was just a few thousand dollars.

It certainly was not worth the mess that this all turned into sadly.

Anyway they have not bribed me or asked me take down the video or anything and because they came to the party and I do still believe in their product I am happy to make a new video saying so. Also to thank everyone (you guys/ladies in particular) for all your support.

I did not want to damage the brand, and I think I need to help people understand that my case was pretty much a one off. Too much hate has been thrown at Porsche for the wrong reasons here and I would like to do what I can to fix that. Their product is good, I just had a disagreement with them over how serious my particular case was. That has been fixed now and I can move on to a new car.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:43 PM
chrisk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nmurray22
The video is still up but I have put I note on it that this is resolved. I think I will leave the video up and point people to a new video to talk about what happened.

In the end TV and Radio were wanting to get involved as well and it had frankly gotten a lot bigger than I had ever expected so I was glad to get the call.

PCNA were offering me what they thought I would get a arbertation which is the standard offer for these sorts of cases, where as my position was that I felt what I had been through was more than just a standard case and wanted a full refund or replacement. People can decide themselves if they agree or not.

I can certainly see PCNA point of view and I hope they could see mine. The difference between what was offered and what I wanted was just a few thousand dollars.

Anyway they have not bribed me or asked me take down the video or anything and because they came to the party and I do still believe in their product I am happy to make a new video saying so. Also to thank everyone (you guys/ladies in particular) for all your support.

I did not want to damage the brand, and I think I need to help people understand that my case was pretty much a one off. Too much hate has been thrown at Porsche for the wrong reasons here and I would like to do what I can to fix that. Their product is good, I just had a disagreement with them over how serious my particular case was. That has been fixed now and I can move on to a new car.
If you don't mind me asking, are you going to get another Porsche?

Old 04-17-2014, 05:46 PM
Dirtysocks is on a distinguished road
Good to hear, you went about this very civilly and got justice.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:48 PM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of

Spoken like a Gentleman.
Keep us posted on the new car! (porsche or not)

Old 04-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! It is finally over! Good for you. Now you can relax a bit and enjoy life once again.

Keep us posted on the new ride...

Old 04-17-2014, 06:32 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyanddive
Yeah, but when you type Porsche into a search engine, Nick's video is the first thing that comes up.
At the moment.. but even search engines are based on recent event.... a week from now it won't..

Don't get me wrong. I'm not disagreeing with you, but controversy and scandal always dies down.. Just ask Bill Clinton..

Old 04-17-2014, 06:37 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Cool Ok lets see the Beautiful pics of your New Porsche!!

Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
I truly feel for you and I know in my heart that, although this is the Car-business-game, that Porsche will come thru for you not because of your video or by mass hysteria, but because they are passionate about cars as well as their customers and deep down truly care about their Porsche Family Members...
Congrat's my man. You, We, PCNA did It! I didn't want to say I told you so...lol Woo-hoo Go Celebrate!

Old 04-17-2014, 08:39 PM
sLaM has a spectacular aura aboutsLaM has a spectacular aura about
congrats! all the best on your next car!

Old 04-17-2014, 08:58 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Very nice and happy for you. Now I can go back enjoying my P-car again

Old 04-17-2014, 09:03 PM
wanderfalke will become famous soon enough
Hey that car had a indoor smoker and a pool how will you replace that? Too soon. Hope you order a 2015,it will be hard to go back to a lesser auto.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:43 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Nick, my early build 991 was recalled early on for a major refit of front compartment water seals. It had to go off to a certified body shop with a thick manual and large box of parts, and the job took several days-- so Porsche certainly knew the likely cause. It almost looks like that job was botched in your case.

Last edited by chuckbdc; 04-18-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
Nick, my early build 991 was recalled early on for a major refit of front compartment water seals. It had to go off to a certified body shop with a think manual and large box of parts, and the job took several days-- so Porsche certainly knew the likely cause. It almost looks like that job was botched in your case.
I was thinking that was the problem also.

ChuckJ

Old 04-18-2014, 07:04 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Nick solved his problem & that's great!

To jump into another car from the same manufacturer would be insanity!

I hope he continues to stand his ground.....

Old 04-18-2014, 07:09 AM
gloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud ofgloves has much to be proud of
900,000+ views. Would you call that viral?

I am surprised for that kind of exposure they didn't offer you a full refund.

And as much as I hate to say it, I agree with HotHonda. Turning around and getting right back into a Porsche would be a mistake. Had they given him a trade (like I believe they should have) it would have been one thing.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video