991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 05:07 PM
porschecrazed is on a distinguished road
Nick- glad this worked out. If you choose another 911, please re-think the roof rack

Old 04-20-2014, 09:08 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by porschecrazed
Nick- glad this worked out. If you choose another 911, please re-think the roof rack
But he uses the car as a daily driver and for everything. Looked to come in handy. I truly admire that he was so willing for it to be his one and only car. Plus I am sure he got full enjoyment out of the car.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:14 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by omegaSMP300
But he uses the car as a daily driver and for everything. Looked to come in handy. I truly admire that he was so willing for it to be his one and only car. Plus I am sure he got full enjoyment out of the car.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with the roof rack. It was Nick's only car. Part of the magic of the 911 is that it is so versatile/multifunctional. I have better advice for Nick: Get what you want.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Rufian is on a distinguished road
Nick, get another 911, Porsche will make sure to give you a good example this time!!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:47 PM
jimmy348 is just really nicejimmy348 is just really nicejimmy348 is just really nicejimmy348 is just really nice
* Congratulations on your win, Nick!

This is typical of Porsche Cars North America’s arrogance. It took months of online shaming for them do the right thing. My PCCB ceramic brake rotors burned out prematurely at 12,000 miles. The repair cost me $10,000 because Porsche refused to honor their warranty.

For those of you looking for more details, I have described my experience at length in a blog post at http://jimmy348.blogspot.com/.

Because of my experience, I intend to take my business elsewhere. Porsche’s competitors already offer or will soon release some worthy alternatives; e.g. Jaguar F-type, Nissan GTR, Maserati Alfieri, the next generation Audi R-8 and McLaren 650S and P13. I am particularly excited about the Mercedes-AMG GT. Its interior looks stunning (http://tinyurl.com:mxmv5pj)

Old 04-20-2014, 10:00 PM
gtr
gtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura aboutgtr has a spectacular aura about
Wow, I will definitely think of your experience if I decided to get another Porsche.

Old 04-21-2014, 12:01 AM
CarreraS737 will become famous soon enoughCarreraS737 will become famous soon enough
Nick,

I am glad things worked out for you. It would've been nice to have this outcome initially without having to publicly shame and embarrass a premium car manufacturer to do the right thing.

Guess that is what it takes these days.

I am glad it has finally worked out for you. Please let us know if you decide to stick with Porsche, and keep the updates coming.

And to Porsche, thank you for finally making things right for this customer. It's unfortunate when things go so wrong with one car, but the manner in which it is handled makes all the difference in the world when it comes to loyalty and continued support for the brand.

Good Job!

Old 04-21-2014, 07:21 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
good news.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 AM
jimmy348 is just really nicejimmy348 is just really nicejimmy348 is just really nicejimmy348 is just really nice
Originally Posted by CarreraS737
Nick,
And to Porsche, thank you for finally making things right for this customer. It's unfortunate when things go so wrong with one car, but the manner in which it is handled makes all the difference in the world when it comes to loyalty and continued support for the brand.

Good Job!
"Good job!" - you have got to be kidding!! If this were an isolated incident, then I might halfway agree. But Porsche has one of the worst reputations in the car industry according to the Consumer Reports brand perception survey (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2...rvey/index.htm). This negative perception is well earned. Their arrogance and insensitivity to how their customers should be treated is beyond compare, and I have the firsthand experience to testify to this.
The PCCB ceramic brake rotors on my new Porsche 911 Turbo S burned out prematurely at 12,000 miles. The repair cost me $10,000 because Porsche refused to honor their warranty. In addition, they treated me like dirt throughout the whole process.

For those of you looking for more details, I have described my experience at length in a blog post at http://jimmy348.blogspot.com/.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmy348
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]

"Good job!" - you have got to be kidding!! If this were an isolated incident, then I might halfway agree. But Porsche has one of the worst reputations in the car industry according to the Consumer Reports brand perception survey (http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2...rvey/index.htm). This negative perception is well earned. Their arrogance and insensitivity to how their customers should be treated is beyond compare, and I have the firsthand experience to testify to this.
The only thing that travels faster than good news is bad news.

Frankly, I believe what may be going on here is a clash of cultures. You tend to notice it when you call 1800PORSCHE. They are most polite and extremely unhelpful.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:39 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Nick: I'm happy Porsche is taking care of you to your satisfaction. Sorry it was such a headache. Hopefully, you are getting some sleep now. Looking forward to learning what you will choose to drive.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:13 PM
rossluzz is on a distinguished road
Glad it worked out to your satisfaction in the end. Unfortunate that it took a viral Internet campaign before Porsche succumbed to the pressure. Looking forward to your decision on whether to replace or refund.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:33 PM
carcam will become famous soon enough
Where did Nick post the results of his arbitration?

Old 04-22-2014, 12:37 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Wow.... what an ordeal. Glad Porsche made a Porsche move - resolve it. This is why I continue my commitment to the brand. There is no substitute.....

Old 04-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by carcam
Where did Nick post the results of his arbitration?
It did not go to arbitration. Porsche contacted Nick and resolved it to his satisfaction. Nick posted as such a few pages back and has, in fact, uploaded a new video reaffirming this.

Again, glad it worked out for Nick as he seems like a gentleman enthusiast with the patience of a saint. Also glad that PCNA finally did the right thing. Disappointed it took so long and so much to get them to do that but such is the nature of corporate America these days.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video