991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:37 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
I see it like this:
PCNA is offering what they must under the law (the mileage discounted sum).
Not a great PR move, obviously, but the law nonetheless.
The OP wants more 100% (and possibly some good faith gesture) and rightfully deserves it, IMO.
But when it comes down to it, PCNA knows the law and what they must do--no more, no less.

I wonder if the OP never posted any videos, if this would have all shaked out differently?
At this point, PCNA is pissed, I'm sure, and egos are funny things, they make people do stupid things and make bad decisions. But I bet the egos at PCNA are like, "F this guy, give him the minimum!"
Just my .02.

I get the OPs reasons for the videos (and they're informative and "entertaining" for us), but I wonder if they hurt his cause early on.
Let me say that I truly feel for the OP and PCNA's handling is terrible, but I think one is better to air his/her dirty laundry after the fact
I never posted any videos, I did communicate with them directly to let them know how dissatisfied I was, they never made an offer and I got paid exactly what the law provided for with my Honda (which made it the operationally cheapest new car I had ever owned).

ChuckJ

Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
If your state is like mine, there's a standard formula Nick. You pay a small mileage fee for the miles you have used the car before the first time you took it in for the item that caused the lemon law decision. You can figure out right now what you'll get if you are awarded a buyback decision. That may help you with your decision.

ChuckJ
PS. If you don't accept the amount from the litigation you can go to court but my experience is on balance you will get less there, risk appeal forever and suffer more mental pain and anguish.
I cannot agree with ChuckJ's advice more! A court will not share your emotion, investment or likely you sense of indignation. They will see that the car qualifies for lemon law coverage so you have standing and have plead a proper cause of action under your state's law, they will ask what each party has offered, and they will likely follow whatever the law requires. They are not there to correct a wrong or to admonish PCNA. They merely will see if you qualify, if PCNA has a legally recognized defense, and then they will try to do what the law permits. But, the extras, the things we think a responsive high end company would do to keep a high reputation of customer satisfaction is just not on the table. This is the most important thing to you, but the judge has criminals, people with serious injuries, and claims from poor people wrongfully evicted from their home to deal with. A lemon law claim will be low on his/her list.

Sorry, but judges are mostly immune - all they hear all day long are people complaining - from both sides. This will be sized up quickly and disposed of by the formula. Negotiate about the money they want for your use. Make a counter to get you a new car so there is no,out of pocket for them or you if you still have any interest in Porsche (and we would not fault you if you never drive a Porsche again), and move on. Court is rarely going to fully satisfy anyone.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:57 AM
C-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the rough
Nick I have been deliberating on buying a Porsche for months now and I can honestly say this scares the crap out of me. Not the car part but the customer service part. Porsche is one of the top selling luxury brands in this country and I am appalled that they show their appreciation by nickel and diming their customers like this. I mean really for what this guy has gone through how hard would it be for this huge company to offer this guy a new car. What it would have done for customer relations and loyalty would have done a lot more for the company than the negative videos have done against the company.
I have emailed the company on your behalf. Good luck my friend

Old 04-17-2014, 07:16 AM
Dirtysocks is on a distinguished road
This is insane.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:28 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Someone should send this to autoblog and motor trend. I am surprised we haven't seen this on any of those websites by now. If you want this story to really have exposure it should go there.

I wonder what the milage discount they are offering you is. Since you didn't mention that before I thought they were just going to keep trying to fix your car forever essentially which is unacceptable. If your car was 140k and say they discount it 10k for your milage, or if you had the car a year I think so maybe they discount 20k at this point I would just take the deal and get a new car.

If you still want a porsche I would fight for them to just give you a new car and if it is slightly different than yours so be it. There is a thread on rennlist of dealers ordering very unique high MSRP cars that PCNA could give to you.

Or maybe they give you a new car with a MSRP of 125k instead of 140k. You can't put a price on the aggravation you are going through. Cut a deal and be over with it. Because what other people are saying is correct. A judge will not be so sympathetic to you. They have bigger problems to deal with than someone's porsche being a lemon.

Last edited by speedsterr; 04-17-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:51 AM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Call the news media in your area.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 AM
CarreraS737 will become famous soon enoughCarreraS737 will become famous soon enough
This debacle will probably end up costing Porsche far more than the price of one 911, in dollars AND reputation.

Here is a customer who saved for years to be able to afford the car of his dreams. He makes some of the best independent videos beaming with pride while promoting the Porsche brand, likely bringing the Company lots of business. (bet no one was complaining about his videos then)

Shortly thereafter, the car is discovered to be plagued with issues and possessed of smoking electrical demons which cannot be exorcised by any of the High Priests of Porsche.

Well, for Nick, Porsche apparently feels a "smoking" car doesn't quite rise to the same level as a pair of GT3's spontaneously bursting in flames on public highways in two different countries. So, for Nick, the mild-mannered individual owner, doing the "right thing" amounts to much, much less from Porsche.

Wait a minute, this is the guy that makes videos.

What is the value to Porsche to keep a customer like Nick happy and further promoting the brand based not only on the product, but also on outstanding customer service delivered in this unfortunate ownership situation? Yes, they may be "legally" entitled to act the way have towards a solid customer, but at what price to them in the end?

A classic example of knowing the "price" of everything, and "value" of nothing!!!

Porsche, check your egos and get the man a new car, or give him his money back. Take responsibility for that lemon you sold him. Take the lemon back, pull it apart, study it, then grind it up.

You still have time to make some lemonade with this lemon!

EVERYONE IS WATCHING YOU NOW.

It will directly affect my decision to buy another Porsche in the future if that matters.

Thank You

Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by carrera997re
Call the news media in your area.
Actually the media are calling me. I have offers from 2 morning TV shows NY and Boston and 4 radio stations. Including one in my home town of Auckland NZ.

Not sure I am up for that just yet. I need to get some sleep first!

Old 04-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Banned
Naaranha has a spectacular aura aboutNaaranha has a spectacular aura aboutNaaranha has a spectacular aura about
Nick,

You need to have your voice heard through various media outlets so more people know about the problem with your car and the fact that PCNA has been trying to strong arm you rather than deal with the replacement of your car. Obviously, you will have to be very PC.

Good luck!

Naaranha

Old 04-17-2014, 08:09 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
While you have these people calling you, call Porsche and talk to them. Put everything in the past aside. Let them know about the hornets nest that is being stirred up and that you are willing to let this just come to a quite end...the end you thought should have happened initially. If they see a gathering storm, and a quite exit, it will be best for you and everyone else.

Let them get you into a new Porsche. Occasional lemons aside, they are great cars and a reasonable company generally. Tell them you know that. Ask them to do right by you (asking one more time can't hurt anyone) and that way your and they are not out of pocket - if they can fix the car it can be resold, and you get a great new car for free or a very good deal. Let them off the hook if they are willing to step up. It will be best for you and for them.

This is just my opinion. I would be as frustrated as you and you have every reason to be unwilling to take this advice. But, it is the best I have to offer. If they won't move, take the money, negotiate the allowance for mileage, and move on. Best of luck!

Old 04-17-2014, 08:14 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Porsche would be wise to give him a settlement that makes him delete the videos. This thing has gone viral now, and it's still gaining momentum.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:16 AM
rallybagger is on a distinguished road
News outlets would be a better choice to get your voice heard than say Road and Track, Motor Trend or the likes.

The amount of ad money that Porsche dumps into those magazines that review their cars highly outweighs Nick's issues (Sadly). The only way i see them picking this story up is if Porsche steps to the plate or if ultimately Nick gets full reimbursement after a fight. Then it's the old "Underdog takes on big company and wins" story.

Good Luck - I too am looking at a C2S after saving for a few years. It's put the brakes on for now after reading your horrible experience.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:19 AM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Some very good advice here from attorneys and those with LL experience

This forum is very instructive for us on Porsche's, but may not be the best place to productively air ongoing disputes of any sort. Reports after the fact can be helpful, but until there is resolution many posters are right that videos and other posts, while informative, may be simply counter productive.

Despite the potential negative implications for problem resolution with a dealer or corporate, there is not sufficient reason for me to cancel my TTS build. In fact, as a believer in learning from mistakes and adversity, we may all be better off when Nick's problems are resolved. Although I have not had problems with any new car like those experienced by Nick, I have always been able to resolve any issues satisfactorily with dealers and their techs.

FWIW, automotive journalists will very likely be reluctant to publish stories unless they can fact check both parties' positions.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Someone should send this to autoblog and motor trend. I am surprised we haven't seen this on any of those websites by now. If you want this story to really have exposure it should go there.

I wonder what the milage discount they are offering you is. Since you didn't mention that before I thought they were just going to keep trying to fix your car forever essentially which is unacceptable. If your car was 140k and say they discount it 10k for your milage, or if you had the car a year I think so maybe they discount 20k at this point I would just take the deal and get a new car.

If you still want a porsche I would fight for them to just give you a new car and if it is slightly different than yours so be it. There is a thread on rennlist of dealers ordering very unique high MSRP cars that PCNA could give to you.

Or maybe they give you a new car with a MSRP of 125k instead of 140k. You can't put a price on the aggravation you are going through. Cut a deal and be over with it. Because what other people are saying is correct. A judge will not be so sympathetic to you. They have bigger problems to deal with than someone's porsche being a lemon.
Here's the law.

ChuckJ

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ll.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	361081  
Old 04-17-2014, 08:27 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Please, we are such a demand it now society let alone 150k+ car owners. Did you expect Porsche to know what was wrong with the car right away? They did the right think and put the stop order out to save them and car owners. An issue like that doesn't get resolved easy. Would I want to be one of them? No. But they have all been given loaners, most 911's while having to wait. It sucks but they sure weren't *****ing when they were first in line for the car.
If & when your car takes a dump, re-read the GT3 Rennlist threads + this post & see how you feel.

BTW, I had a situation where I had to choose arbitration or lawsuit. I'm thinking why arbitrate, I did nothing wrong.

The judge proved me right.

Last edited by HotHonda; 04-17-2014 at 08:31 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video