991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Based on all the crap w/the new GT3 engine problem fiasco and the customer care demonstrated by Porsche over and over again - my current 991 will be my last Porsche, Audi, VW etc.....

In 1994 purchased my 1st Acura. 20 years later (5 new NSX's included) have
had 22 total from the same dealer. I returned because of the overall quality of the product, but more important the way my Wife & I have been treated in both the sales end + service. Never one disappointment.....

I cannot support a brand that behaves like Porsche does. If I do, I'm saying the
way they operate is OK w/me. It's not!
What is so disappointing to you on how Porsche has handled the GT3 situation? Look, I don't work work for Porsche or have any interest in how they do as a company other than owning one of their cars but this is getting way overblown. If you want to move on because of someone else's car so be it. Seems a little crazy in my eyes unless your local dealer is treating you like this as well Honda. Now if you don't like the car anymore that's different. There's lots of fish(cars) in the sea.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Maybe I am missing a point and even sounding racist here (not my intention), but all the top exec of Porsche in Germany are German and the Top 3 positions in PCNA are held by expats.

I came to the US myself as an expat bringing some expertise that was lacking at our US sister company and I truly see the value of exchanging talent inside a big multinational organization. This being said, the most successful global companies I encountered are employing local leaders who truly understand their market, local culture etc. Is it an issue with PCNA? I can not tell, but their stance in the present case is clearly indicating that they are not in tune with their customers and market...

Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Based on all the crap w/the new GT3 engine problem fiasco and the customer care demonstrated by Porsche over and over again - my current 991 will be my last Porsche, Audi, VW etc.....

In 1994 purchased my 1st Acura. 20 years later (5 new NSX's included) have
had 22 total from the same dealer. I returned because of the overall quality of the product, but more important the way my Wife & I have been treated in both the sales end + service. Never one disappointment.....

I cannot support a brand that behaves like Porsche does. If I do, I'm saying the
way they operate is OK w/me. It's not!
Actually I was pretty impressed with porsche on the GT3 situation. 2 fires from loose bolts and they replace the entire engine on all GT3s? They didn't have to do that.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:37 AM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Actually I was pretty impressed with porsche on the GT3 situation. 2 fires from loose bolts and they replace the entire engine on all GT3s? They didn't have to do that.
Perhaps they should have waited until all 785 cars burned?

What amazes me is the fact that this issue wasn't discovered in tens of thousands of test miles.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:39 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by runner1021
Perhaps they should have waited until all 785 cars burned?

What amazes me is the fact that this issue wasn't discovered in tens of thousands of test miles.
Well because those were more focused on to make sure everything was good. Once you get to the production line all it takes is one lazy person on that one day to not do a good job and there you go.

Again it was not due to a part failure but that the engines were not put together securely though the wording on autoblog makes it unclear. Also they got an extra year warranty. Thats good.

Last edited by speedsterr; 04-16-2014 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:54 AM
CarreraS737 will become famous soon enoughCarreraS737 will become famous soon enough
I came over to my first Porsche from a beautiful Lemans Blue BMW E92 M3.

European Delivery w/ 6% off US MSRP.

Great Car, Great Engine, 4 Years Free Maintenance, Fully-Optioned Competition Package etc., and less than half the price of my Porsche C2S.

My assumption was Porsche was the next "step up" (re: build quality, performance, ownership experience, the pinnacle of enthusiast car ownership for me).

Nick, like you, I am not "rich", worked hard to be in a position to purchase my first Porsche car. I have a genuine appreciation for cars and enjoy meticulously taking care of them as a part of the pride of ownership. I don't expect much, but I expect to at least get what I paid for. "Nothing more", and "nothing less". It is reasonable to expect a level of quality and reliability befitting the astronomical price (especially with a la carte options) of the Porsche brand and reputation. It is clear you have not received a car even befitting a f***ing YUGO!!!

Whatever issues some of us have had with our cars simply cannot be compared to the nightmare you have endured. It appears you need "BULLET TOOTH TONY" (from the movie ******) to take things from here in your dealings with PCNA!

I really thought the Porsche Ownership experience for any Customer would be nothing like this. If you are being treated this way by PCNA then it is obviously NOT simply something to dismiss as the result of a **** poor Dealership. I can only imagine your frustration having to endure this for so long. I commend you for your patience. I think I might have resorted to more Medieval conflict-resolution methods by this point. It's sad that the people who generally act civil and reasonable get treated with such contempt while typical (a-hole types) are treated like royalty just to be kept happy at all costs. It's time for you take the gloves off. We support you in the Community of Owners and this is disgraceful treatment of a customer, period! I am willing to write a letter to PCNA to express my disgust with how they have handled your situation and let them know it has probably cost them my decision on any future vehicle purchases from Porsche.

So far, I have less than 4,000 miles on the odometer coming up on one year. No major issues yet, and am fortunate to be very satisfied with my car overall, but after following your thread it really makes me wonder if I would be treated any differently if something major were to go wrong for me as well.

Totally unacceptable.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 AM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
Maybe I am missing a point and even sounding racist here (not my intention), but all the top exec of Porsche in Germany are German and the Top 3 positions in PCNA are held by expats.

I came to the US myself as an expat bringing some expertise that was lacking at our US sister company and I truly see the value of exchanging talent inside a big multinational organization. This being said, the most successful global companies I encountered are employing local leaders who truly understand their market, local culture etc. Is it an issue with PCNA? I can not tell, but their stance in the present case is clearly indicating that they are not in tune with their customers and market...

I think you bring up a fair point about exchanging talent but what market would be content to be treated the way Nick has. I doubt any German consumers would feel any differently then we all do about this situation. It friggen sucks and make me embarrassed to own a Porsche. Best of luck Nick.

Last edited by JamesKen; 04-16-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Really? You cancelled your order because someone got a lemon? This happened to my buddy's Ferrari. Lemon's happen people. I understand the frustration with PCNA and I also think they should be handeling this differently, but that's why we have lemon laws. Follow the process and all will be resolved. In Murray's case it looks like an easy win and PCNA is trying all they can to avoid the inevitable. Drop the car off, get a pcar loaner till the 26th and then move on. I'm sure it will take them another week or so to figure the current water issue. I had a VW Jetta lemon lawed and bought another VW and had no issues at all. It's obvious this car has water leakage issues that is causing all sorts of electronic issues and shorting multiple things. They should be looking at this car with a fire hydrant to check for leaks. To late for that and you have been very patient. Good luck on the 26th but you don't need it. Just count down the days but don't be afraid to get another Porsche. This happens with every other manufacturer as well.
Note to Nick:
This should be a relatively easy win but be sure to follow the instructions completely. I'm sure by now you have received instructions from your arbitrator. This is just like an RFP, you have to address every question precisely and address all the issues in the manner which they describe in the instructions. In my case, I had a page for every question. I provided the question and the answer / documentation to each question on each page, thereby providing ammunition for the arbitrator.

Looking forward to a great resolution.

ChuckJ

Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
I was really, really hoping that your next video would feature a satisfactory resolution to all this horse manure.

As I noted in previous posts, your patience and civility to date are to be commended. I think Porsche's handling of this situation is shameful and frankly disturbing.

What would happen if one of the multiple iterations of shorts caused a crash which hurt or killed someone? Seriously... it's one thing to experience a rattle here or there but smoke, shorts, water pooling inside the car? Give me a break.

And in the hopes of Porsche reading this... Your (Porsche's) actions or inactions are having an impact on my future purchase decisions. I am a HUGE car enthusiast who, like Nick, isn't rich but does indulge myself with cars. I buy a new one every two to four years. Thankfully there are a lot of very good choices out there. Porsche's handling of the IMS/RMS issues in the past, coolant hoses on the Cayenne and handling of this extremely patient customer are not indicative of a car company which I am comfortable spending my next $100,000 with. Life is short, life is precious, and to be honest... the incremental benefit of superior steering feel and chassis balance offered by Porsche may not be offset by these kinds of behaviours.

Good luck Nick and shame on you PCNA. Shame on you.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:09 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Of course lemons happen. What is important is the way they are dealt with. Bitterly disappointing so see how PCNA is dealing with Nick.

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Really? You cancelled your order because someone got a lemon? This happened to my buddy's Ferrari. Lemon's happen people. I understand the frustration with PCNA and I also think they should be handeling this differently, but that's why we have lemon laws. Follow the process and all will be resolved. In Murray's case it looks like an easy win and PCNA is trying all they can to avoid the inevitable. Drop the car off, get a pcar loaner till the 26th and then move on. I'm sure it will take them another week or so to figure the current water issue. I had a VW Jetta lemon lawed and bought another VW and had no issues at all. It's obvious this car has water leakage issues that is causing all sorts of electronic issues and shorting multiple things. They should be looking at this car with a fire hydrant to check for leaks. To late for that and you have been very patient. Good luck on the 26th but you don't need it. Just count down the days but don't be afraid to get another Porsche. This happens with every other manufacturer as well.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:17 AM
nash667 has a spectacular aura aboutnash667 has a spectacular aura about
OP

Would you rather have a full refund or a replacement car?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Cutters68 is on a distinguished road
Hoping for another PCNA happy ending!

One year ago today my '05 997S blew its engine (IMS failure) in downtown Chicago in route to be traded for my current 991S. I was 3 weeks out of CPO warranty. I was physically sick.

The dealer Fox Valley in Appleton, WI said they would do all they could for me in dealing with PCNA to get a good faith solution. Fox Valley towed my 997S the final 160 miles, gave me a loaner for the day and put me up for the night in a nice hotel near the dealership. I flew home the next day and waited. PCNA requested that the IMS failure be confirmed. Long story shortened. 10 days later I was on a plane back to Appleton to take delivery of my 991S. PCNA picked up the tab on the blown engine and gave me my full trade amount. Happy PCNA ending. I think they will do right by Nick. It's a shame that it has gone on this long. How easy it would be for them to drop his exact build into the line and give him a loaner for his troubles until it arrives. PCNA we are all counting on you to do the right thing. There is still time to save this customer and give every one on this forum a warm fuzzy feeling that Porsche is committed to customer satisfaction.

Wishing you the best Nick! Cheers!
John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-2.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	360548  
Old 04-16-2014, 10:27 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JamesKen
I think you bring up a fair point about exchanging talent but what market would be content to be treated the way Nick has. I doubt any German consumers would feel any differently then we all do about this situation. It friggen sucks and make me embarrassed to own a Porsche. Best of luck Nick.
This is a good point too.
This being said, few other countries than the US have such a thing as 'Lemon law' and, not talking specifically about Germany, Europeans are accustomed to a much lower level of service than in the US. Go to a restaurant in Europe (where employees have a fixed salary + benefits and do not have to rely on tips) and you will see how you get treated. The same applies only too often to retail stores, dealerships etc. I was in my home country on vacation when the 991 was launched and dropped by at the Porsche dealership: the sales guy hardly made any effort to answer my questions and was treating me like I could not afford a P-car. I am not naive but I think that a bunch of guys should cross the pond and see what the true meaning of 'service' is in North America.
They'd better stay away from PCNA or may feel like they are back home again...

Best of luck Nick!!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:34 AM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Smile I'm not trying to cause a stir

And if I get flamed for stating my opinion so be it, but I would not have posted this video prior to getting a resolution from Porsche.

Now, you are asking for not only Porsche to return your money and/or replace your vehicle, but are publicly dragging them thru the coals and asking for your video to be posted on "social media" for what?? Do you think that type of help will force Porsche to come to your aid?

You are taking your pound of flesh, before a resolution, which could very well be in your favor.

My grandpa told me, "If your asking for someone to do something you need to be nice..."

I only know your side, and I have seen Porsche step of to the plate many times and more so than many manufacturers put together, not to mention they have less problems per 100 vehicles than any other manufacturer.

I truly feel for you and I know in my heart that, although this is the Car-business-game, that Porsche will come thru for you not because of your video or by mass hysteria, but because they are passionate about cars as well as their customers and deep down truly care about their Porsche Family Members...

Old 04-16-2014, 10:49 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nash667
OP

Would you rather have a full refund or a replacement car?
This was one of the most puzzling parts to this, I was more than happy to get a replacement car and have asked several times if this is possible.

To make a new car for me has to be far less than handing over $140-150k to buy it back so you would think they would jump on that option but no it was never really offered.

I think the problem is that my car has so many options that they would have to factory order something to get near the spec and they flat refuse to do that.

Strange.

You know I have been back and forth on whether or not to show all, some or parts of the email correspondence from PCNA throughout this mess. That in my eyes is the most interesting/entertaining/alarming piece of this whole saga. I really hope I can do that at some point without getting myself in legal hot water because you guys will just not believe it.

It's like dealing with an angry schizophrenic, one email is all apologies and promises to put things right no matter what it takes and an hour later it can be strong insistence that I need to take their advice or things will turn bad for me. Something is going on in the background I don't get to see and I have no clue what that might be. The cost of this to their PR is so much more than the few thousand they are niggling over.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video