Bose Audio Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
Bose Audio Question

I know musical/sound tastes are subjective, but since I have seen this in BMW forums and websites like CNET (when it comes to TVs), I was wondering if anyone has developed a good blueprint for tweaking the EQ. I know that:

- There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to adjusting stereo settings

- That many people don't care about what the music sounds like because they just listen to the engine/exhaust

- The genre of music makes a difference

All that being said, if someone has info to pass on, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely first thing is turn on surround for each of the sources. For some reason it just sounds hideous without.

Then I find I need to push the base response up to about +3, maybe the treble up to +1.

At this point it is reasonably listenable. But as it comes from the factory it is terrible which I suppose is why everyone thinks so poorly of it..

Old 04-18-2014, 11:55 AM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by scatkins
Absolutely first thing is turn on surround for each of the sources. For some reason it just sounds hideous without.

Then I find I need to push the base response up to about +3, maybe the treble up to +1.

At this point it is reasonably listenable. But as it comes from the factory it is terrible which I suppose is why everyone thinks so poorly of it..

Perfect!! I noticed that with Surround and now have it on there. I listen to everything from hip hop to the Moody Blues....so nothing will be great all of the time, but I am so used to customized aftermarket stereos that are professionally tuned, that I wasnt sure what I could do with the Bose to maximize it!

Thanks!!

Old 04-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Scat knows what's up: turn on Surround for every source, and you'll immediately notice the difference. I usually leave the treble at +3, and the bass around +1.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:36 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
I found that turning off the "Audio Pilot", helped quite a bit. It seems the boominess of the Bose system increases as the ambient noise does with the Audio Pilot on.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by mtony
I found that turning off the "Audio Pilot", helped quite a bit. It seems the boominess of the Bose system increases as the ambient noise does with the Audio Pilot on.
Dont have my manual handy, is that in the "Sound" option?

Old 04-18-2014, 03:55 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Also, I have "Linear" checked --try it and see if you like it

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...Setting-linear

Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy

Thanks!!!

Old 04-18-2014, 05:09 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy

I think this essentially flattens the frequency response to neutral overriding the bass and treble settings.

Not a fan...

Last edited by naples991; 04-18-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:36 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PertPlus
Dont have my manual handy, is that in the "Sound" option?
It's either in "Sound" or after selecting "Sound" then choose "Options".

Old 04-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Cutters68 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
Scat knows what's up: turn on Surround for every source, and you'll immediately notice the difference. I usually leave the treble at +3, and the bass around +1.

+1 That's how I roll too Sounds way better than default settings.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:00 PM
mas8002mi will become famous soon enough
I like the linear setting too. Makes the highs more clear....