My new 991 C4S

Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 PM
EDubya is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fester
Congrats !! Beautiful car!!

There are 3 programmable (homelink) buttons, one is for door light activation / deactivation and the " P-off " button is for park assist on/off. Does it help?

By the way, love the mat underneath the car...is it to protect painted floor? Nicely done!!
Thanks, Fester. I thought this was the case when I first got the car, but apparently the "P-off" button only comes with cars that have both front and rear parking sensors (I only have rear).

I have attached a picture of the button I am talking about, along with another pic of my car in different lighting.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	365008   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	481.3 KB
ID:	365009  
Old 04-23-2014, 10:14 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Congrats! Love the floor by the way !

Old 04-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Keadog
When you describe it, don't leave out the Sport Techno wheels!
How long are you letting the epoxy cure? The guys who installed mine said 48 hours was plenty of time. I waited 72 and brought the car/truck in with cold tires. My floor seems fine.
It's been 3 weeks now...
It's been over 2 weeks not, but I messed up on one section of the garage (not enough hardner) - you really have to be precise on those mixing instructions. So, I was left with one section that was still a tad bit tacky after one week. This got me a bit paranoid about the rest of the garage - hence the mat for hot tire pickup.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
Love the car! Absolutely amazing stance on the 4S.

Do you have spacers/S-PASM? It looks mighty beefy!
Pretty sure the car came with SPASM as standard. Didn't get any aftermarket spacers on it. No mods other than the clear side markers.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:35 AM
Keadog is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EDubya
It's been over 2 weeks not, but I messed up on one section of the garage (not enough hardner) - you really have to be precise on those mixing instructions. So, I was left with one section that was still a tad bit tacky after one week. This got me a bit paranoid about the rest of the garage - hence the mat for hot tire pickup.
Wow, I admire you doing that yourself! Looks like you got a great pattern with the chips. I'm not much of a DIYer anyhow, but I would never think of tackling a job like that. FWIW, I paid $5.35/sqft installed for vinyl chips and a top coat of clear epoxy with Aluminun oxide to make it non-slip when wet (which works very well) on a 750 ft 3+ garage floor. Yours looks terrific! I considered porcelain ceramic tile and looked at the RaceDeck type stuff - what I got absolutely seemed like the best value/$ to me and we like the look.
Your floor looks even better with that car on top...

Old 04-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Keadog
Wow, I admire you doing that yourself! Looks like you got a great pattern with the chips. I'm not much of a DIYer anyhow, but I would never think of tackling a job like that. FWIW, I paid $5.35/sqft installed for vinyl chips and a top coat of clear epoxy with Aluminun oxide to make it non-slip when wet (which works very well) on a 750 ft 3+ garage floor. Yours looks terrific! I considered porcelain ceramic tile and looked at the RaceDeck type stuff - what I got absolutely seemed like the best value/$ to me and we like the look.
Your floor looks even better with that car on top...
Thanks, Keadog! I am by no means a DIYer myself, but needed to find a hobby to balance out all the time I spend at the office. My epoxy job was also by no means perfect. I got epoxy all over the place (walls, phone, glasses, shoes, clothes, sunglasses, etc.)!