My freshly detailed 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 AM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
My freshly detailed 911

Hi all,

Have some time off from work, so I decided to give her the detail that she deserves.

1.) Wash with citrus car wash to remove all residual sealeant
2.) Iron-X
3.) Nano-Scrub
4.) 2 x compound with Menzerna FG400 orange pad (Porter Cable)
5.) Polish with Menzerna SF4500 white pad (Porter Cable)
6.) Seal with Wolfgangs Deep Gloss paint Sealent

Hope you like the way it came out! Of course, without the proper artificial lighting, you can never capture how deep and glossy the paint turned out. Also, my photographic skills aren't the greatest.

Enjoy!

Steve

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	673A6564.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	364345   Click image for larger version

Name:	673A6457 fixed.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	890.5 KB
ID:	364346   Click image for larger version

Name:	673A6509 fixed.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	624.2 KB
ID:	364347   Click image for larger version

Name:	673A6517 fixed.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	656.4 KB
ID:	364348   Click image for larger version

Name:	673A6677.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	887.3 KB
ID:	364349  

Old 04-23-2014, 11:32 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Looks great! That was a lot of work but all fun.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:29 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
I hate white on cars but this looks pretty damn nice especially with the clear tail lights.

Old 04-23-2014, 12:33 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Looks great!

Old 04-23-2014, 04:18 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Looks good!

Lose the front plate!

Old 04-23-2014, 04:28 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by empunker
Looks good!

Lose the front plate!
I'd be happy to if you'll pay the fines. Here in LA they are real sticklers about front plates...

And , thank you!!!

Old 04-23-2014, 04:37 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by socalsteve
I'd be happy to if you'll pay the fines. Here in LA they are real sticklers about front plates...

And , thank you!!!

Isn't it a correctable violation?

I got a ticket a few months ago and the fee was $8 to sign off the ticket at the local Irvine PD. I believe Newport PD wanted $22.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Kdude will become famous soon enoughKdude will become famous soon enough
Isn't that a bit too much work on new paint? 2 x compound and you live in cali ? Remember every time you take a compound too paint it takes the clearcoat off the paint. I detail my cars mind you not the porsche in winter but rather a jeep wrangler. It goes through salt , hail, sleet, slush , snow, sand and rocks ... and if i wash her when dirty is all i need to get that look is clay bar and a menz powerlock... just sayin

Old 04-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kdude
Isn't that a bit too much work on new paint? 2 x compound and you live in cali ? Remember every time you take a compound too paint it takes the clearcoat off the paint. I detail my cars mind you not the porsche in winter but rather a jeep wrangler. It goes through salt , hail, sleet, slush , snow, sand and rocks ... and if i wash her when dirty is all i need to get that look is clay bar and a menz powerlock... just sayin
Car isn't new...it's 2 years old and had lots of swirl marks. And yes, I could have not compounded, but after consulting professional detailers on the Autogeek forum, they told me if I wanted a really deep professional shine then compounding was needed.

It all depends on how far you want to go...I wanted it as close to perfect as possible...your level of perfection may be different than mine.

Just sayin'

Old 04-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by empunker
Isn't it a correctable violation?

I got a ticket a few months ago and the fee was $8 to sign off the ticket at the local Irvine PD. I believe Newport PD wanted $22.
Not in LA, big expensive ticket...they don't care if you correct it, they'll just keep giving you big expensive tickets...great source of revenue for the city...isn't worth it and I don't think it looks all that horrible...

Old 04-23-2014, 05:58 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Looks great, have you thought about doing painted rear reflectors to rid yourself of any red in the back? I'd also consider the clear led front side markers, will look nice and clean, esp against white.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:02 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice! Good detail regiment!

Old 04-23-2014, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by AJag
Looks great, have you thought about doing painted rear reflectors to rid yourself of any red in the back? I'd also consider the clear led front side markers, will look nice and clean, esp against white.
Thank you for the suggestions! I actually don't mind the red reflectors, prefer them over the white....and,

I do have clear front side markers, just not the LED version. I'm happy with those too...

Old 04-23-2014, 07:03 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great Steve. I just got in from washing my 911. We have heavy pollen this time of year in Atlanta, and the car was covered.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:45 PM
nj991s will become famous soon enough
Love the black Porsche letters on the rear. I'd love to add that, but fear I won't be able to get them on perfectly. Yours look factory... DIY?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My freshly detailed 911