Am I Rich Enough for a 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:36 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
We all earned enough money so we can be dumb with it

Old 05-21-2014, 07:29 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I don't do nearly as well as you do now, but decided to go and buy a used 991.
Without a wife and children to support you can easily afford this in my opinion.
Go for it and post some pics when you get it.
Congrats.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:49 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by scatkins
Strange post.

Strange thread indeed. If you need to ask, best to hold off until you feel secure.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Aranthir will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by hawc
Do you understand how obnoxious you're coming across? Sadly, probably not.

Ask your financial advisor if you're rich enough. Don't bother us with such tasteless questions.
redacted...my original comments were too harsh...sry

Last edited by Aranthir; 05-21-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:52 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
This thread just made me nervous lol

Am I rich enough? $300K is more than enough money to play with

for all you know it might not last

so you should tell us how consistent is your 300K income? is it a one time thing or do you foresee it coming in consistently every year and obviously increasing every year?

If its a one time thing and you got 400K saved up you probably can still swing a 991

and if its consistent you can most definitely swing a 991

I personally dont care about money ....money comes money goes

Mo Money Mo Problems ...... Mo 991 ....Mo Funnnnnn

Old 05-21-2014, 08:55 PM
keeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond reputekeeperofbeasts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AoshichanX
Hey OP,

I don't think you're a troll. Maybe you just want some feedback. There was a thread a while back on here--the OP for that thread was writing about he was part of the "one percent" and how he didn't think 991s were worth the money anymore especially since it is harder to hold on the wealth nowadays. Lots of positive feedback in that thread. So I guess it's fine to talk about your wealth, but only in a "humble commiserate with me" type of fashion.

I'm 29, and I make about the same as you after taxes. I'm not good with the finances either, at least in a "diversified portfolio" type of way. I just recently became CPC with Chase and they are hounding me to put my money in mutual funds and other stuff I don't understand. They made it sound so awesome--you can liquidate right away, earn steady 5% return--all with almost no risk! I did a quick Google search, and read lots of posts about how Chase fees were exorbitant, how you still had to pay fees if you didn't make money or incurred a loss. Ha! almost got me Chase.

But I do understand property and cap rates so that's what I'm doing with my saved money. I focus on corporate-backed properties out of my home state. My goal is to flip in 3-5 years and leverage for more expensive properties. The increase in cash flow and net worth will follow. I think you should also do something with your money so you have some staying power.

That's also why I lease, so my money can be working for me elsewhere. That and the deductions.

EDIT:

Here are some other cars you can consider in your price range--my lease is up in a year so I'm considering these as well:

2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe (no DCT; all the car reviewers love the design, but I don't get it really)
2015 Aston Martin Vantage GT (only concern is same body style as debuted in 2006...is a new platform ever coming? also no DCT)
2012 Audi R8 V10 (no trunk space though)
2015 BMW M4 (a decent car, the 0-60 is faster than all the above. plus it's a BMW so nobody will use the mustang argument)
you should have your own reality show

not sure why you only just recently became a CPC with Chase, you make it sound like you are swimming with the begis ....they only need 250 in funds to give someone that name tag

Old 05-21-2014, 09:02 PM
TestnDoc is on a distinguished road
Yes you can afford it. Get a turbo...I'm serious...

Old 05-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Luciddaydream has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hey everyone
HUGE thing I stupidly forgot to mention.

And I apologize..

But the biggest hting I have is financial uncertainty because I am not in a profession. I am an internet entrepreneur who ranks websites on Google and its not stable.

That is why I am so insecure with my financial stuff.

If I was someone with a profession, such as a doc, and knew I'd make x amount for the next 30 years, I'd have a totally different mindset.

Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Are you kidding? Save the money - stick with your current 911.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:05 AM
Cheekymonkeyman is on a distinguished road
I am married, i have a daughter, i have a big mortgage, i'm not rich, but hey... I love my 991 all the more for it! Now stop being vulgar and spend half your money on real estate or diversified portfolio and the other half on making you happy... You never know what is round the corner

Old 05-22-2014, 05:40 AM
CarAholic will become famous soon enoughCarAholic will become famous soon enough
Yes you can afford one. Life is short enjoy it while you still can. If you want a perfect spec 991S let me know as I am parting with mine.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 AM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Luciddaydream

But the biggest hting I have is financial uncertainty because I am not in a profession. I am an internet entrepreneur who ranks websites on Google and its not stable.

If I was someone with a profession, such as a doc, and knew I'd make x amount for the next 30 years, I'd have a totally different mindset.
Dated a guy during .com boom then went bust. We were 22 yo. From NYC penthouse and hanging out on Forbes yacht to taking a ferry from a staten island apt... Then he wised up, went to law school, and became a politician. Live and learn. You'll be fine.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:15 AM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
Hey everyone
HUGE thing I stupidly forgot to mention.

And I apologize..

Based off this alone, I personally would be a bit hesitant to throw $100k+ out on something new but going a few years used (07/08 997.1 Turbo) might work better. I've been in your shoes and when the gravy train stops... or slows... it's painful.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:30 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Since no one really knows who I am, I am going to post some personal information.

I am a 34 year old dude. I make about 300k a year. I live in a very small condo that I owe about 100k on. I personally have about 350-400k saved up.

I have my 2006 carrerea paid off.

Its worth about 30k, i assume, if I trade it in.

I am looking at a 2012 991 for 93k.

I was thinking of trading mine in, paying 30k down, and financing the remaining 34k.

Is this a financially idiotic move?
so are you looking for a pat on the back or just trying to flaunt what you have. if you make $300k and you are asking this type of question i would suggest keeping your money because you will need it before to long IMO

Old 05-22-2014, 06:38 AM
hawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond reputehawc has a reputation beyond repute
OP: "Hey guys, I make waaaay more than a lot of you. Can I afford the car you're driving? No, no, seriously I don't know..."

Go away. Stop trolling. This thread sucks!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Am I Rich Enough for a 991?