Slotted rotor(stock size) to fit stock caliper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 12:20 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
Suncoast usually has them in stock.
Thank you. Do you use them on the street? If so, how are they (ie grabby, squealing)

Thanks

Marc

PS. Love the Mayor Adam West name. Awesome.

Old 07-05-2014, 01:29 PM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 998M
Thank you. Do you use them on the street? If so, how are they (ie grabby, squealing)

Thanks

Marc

I changed them out the first few track days, but it's a pain in the a$$ because you have to take the entire caliper off. I do use them on the street. Sometimes they're noisy, other not. It's not so loud that I can't just ignore it, and you only really notice it at very slow speeds (<10mph). As for grip, I don't know that they feel any different on the street than the factory pads. If you're hitting the brakes that hard on the street, you're going to end up in messy situation. ;-)

Old 07-05-2014, 06:32 PM
paradocs98 is on a distinguished road

Thanks

Marc

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I changed them out the first few track days, but it's a pain in the a$$ because you have to take the entire caliper off. I do use them on the street. Sometimes they're noisy, other not. It's not so loud that I can't just ignore it, and you only really notice it at very slow speeds (<10mph). As for grip, I don't know that they feel any different on the street than the factory pads. If you're hitting the brakes that hard on the street, you're going to end up in messy situation. ;-)
+1. I left the Pagid Yellows (RS29s) in place during the entire track season from May-November on my street-driven M3, and I've been doing the same so far with the 991. You learn to ignore the squeakiness, and they seem to be relatively easy on rotors, so they don't chew up the rotors when driven cold on the street.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:22 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by paradocs98
+1. I left the Pagid Yellows (RS29s) in place during the entire track season from May-November on my street-driven M3, and I've been doing the same so far with the 991. You learn to ignore the squeakiness, and they seem to be relatively easy on rotors, so they don't chew up the rotors when driven cold on the street.
I do the same as well. The sound does not bother me, you get use to it. Other ppl tend to do a double take though sometimes.

I do find that street driving is harder on the pads though, and causes them to wear more quickly, especially when cold.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:21 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
After years of EASY brake pad changes on my Porsches I was disappointed to find that they did away with the quick-change pad design. That said, I will remove the track pads after every track day to put the OEM back on. For me, the occasional RS29 squeal and cold braking issues are not worth the trouble. I do have a lift at home which makes changes a bit less of a PITA so I consider myself lucky there. If I had to drag out the jack each time I would probably leave them in.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:01 AM
lnirenberg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BradB
Holy smokes! Those Girodiscs and Brembos are crazy expensive. Do you "really" experience any advantages using them with stock calipers? They look cool, and they are lighter and maybe a tad better cooling because of the size, but in the hands of anyone who isn't paid to drive, are they really worth it?

Has anyone really improved their braking or solved their overheating by changing to these rotors? I guess I am looking for an excuse to upgrade but it has to be truly effective. Sell me on them!
After experiencing significant brake fade about 10 minutes into any track session using stock rotors with high temp brake fluid(bled after every track event), SS lines and Pagid RS29s I made the change to GiroDisc on all 4s and Pagid RS14s. The difference was transforming and I was able to share my car with a friend last week going about 2 1/2 hrs non-stop on track with no fade. I'd have to call it a big advantage. Strangely, the RS14s make very little noise on the street and work fine when cold.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:57 AM
evo2mad is on a distinguished road
I use Girodiscs and endless ccrg for track and everyday use, no noise, and good braking!

Old 07-16-2014, 05:53 AM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by evo2mad
I use Girodiscs and endless ccrg for track and everyday use, no noise, and good braking!
Where did you get them?

Old 07-16-2014, 09:55 AM
evo2mad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ma991
Where did you get them?
From our Russian dealer called Atomic!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by evo2mad
Sorry, but what is "ccrg" ?

Also, for those that change your own pads, do you renew the large caliper bolts each time you change pads? You are supposed to, but $40+ for each pad change during DE season is gonna get expensive. I wonder why they are considered one-use items?

Old 07-16-2014, 02:10 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, but what is "ccrg" ?

Also, for those that change your own pads, do you renew the large caliper bolts each time you change pads? You are supposed to, but $40+ for each pad change during DE season is gonna get expensive. I wonder why they are considered one-use items?
Endless is the pad brand, they make good stuff. I believe they are Japanese.

I believe they want the bolts changed due to the different expansion rates.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by STALKER
Endless is the pad brand, they make good stuff. I believe they are Japanese.

I believe they want the bolts changed due to the different expansion rates.
Thanks. I had never heard of them. Will have to investigate.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:25 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Just an update. I ordered the slotted rotors from Girodisc. They were out of the fronts so they pointed me to Stable Energies. Between the two of them, we got the disks, fluid and pads all figured out. Great customer service from both.

I cannot wait to get them on and try them out.

Marc

Old 07-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Just an update. I ordered the slotted rotors from Girodisc. They were out of the fronts so they pointed me to Stable Energies. Between the two of them, we got the disks, fluid and pads all figured out. Great customer service from both.

I cannot wait to get them on and try them out.

Marc
Are the pads specific to these rotors or can you use oem fitment? (I just bought a set of Pagids for my 991S. Dang they are pricey.)

Take pics! Can't wait to hear your review.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Are the pads specific to these rotors or can you use oem fitment? (I just bought a set of Pagids for my 991S. Dang they are pricey.)

Take pics! Can't wait to hear your review.
I believe they are a different shape pad than the stock pad. Stable could help you. They were terrific to work with. Very knowledgeable.

They will be installed on Wed. I don't have a track day set up until the PCA at Road America on August 15th.

Marc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slotted rotor(stock size) to fit stock caliper