Slotted rotor(stock size) to fit stock caliper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 12:54 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Slotted rotor(stock size) to fit stock caliper

I saw someone at the track (Road America) a couple of weeks ago running a slotted rotor with the standard Carrera S caliper. I have never been a big fan of the cross-drilled and would like to make the switch to slotted. I do not think the car needs a big brake kit (IMHO).

I tried TireRack and Suncoast. Any other thoughts? I know it can be done. I made the mistake of not asking him where he go them.

Thanks

Marc

Old 07-01-2014, 02:05 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-01-2014, 02:36 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Brembo makes really nice replacement rotors, full two piece and slotted. They are slightly larger then stock.
They use stock calipers but they require specific pads. So no pagids.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Kahunacanuck is on a distinguished road
I just added Girodiscs...they look great and save some unsprung weight...

Old 07-01-2014, 02:39 PM
998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of998M has much to be proud of
Great. Thanks for the suggestions. Where are you getting them from? I have called several places and every answer I get is they do not have anything.

Marc

Old 07-01-2014, 07:34 PM
paradocs98 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kahunacanuck
I just added Girodiscs...they look great and save some unsprung weight...
+1. Got these as soon as I got the car and have been happy with them. They are slightly larger than stock, but come with a bracket to reposition the caliper. Call GiroDisc directly.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Excellent. I knew you all would come through.

Thanks

Marc

Old 07-01-2014, 08:21 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Old 07-02-2014, 11:37 AM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
I've got the Girodiscs as well. They have worked out very nicely on the track.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:32 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Holy smokes! Those Girodiscs and Brembos are crazy expensive. Do you "really" experience any advantages using them with stock calipers? They look cool, and they are lighter and maybe a tad better cooling because of the size, but in the hands of anyone who isn't paid to drive, are they really worth it?

Has anyone really improved their braking or solved their overheating by changing to these rotors? I guess I am looking for an excuse to upgrade but it has to be truly effective. Sell me on them!

Old 07-02-2014, 01:56 PM
MayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud ofMayorAdamWest has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BradB
Holy smokes! Those Girodiscs and Brembos are crazy expensive. Do you "really" experience any advantages using them with stock calipers? They look cool, and they are lighter and maybe a tad better cooling because of the size, but in the hands of anyone who isn't paid to drive, are they really worth it?

Has anyone really improved their braking or solved their overheating by changing to these rotors? I guess I am looking for an excuse to upgrade but it has to be truly effective. Sell me on them!
Not really that expensive for the Girodisc if you consider they last at least twice as long as the factory rotors. Performance-wise, I don't know that I noticed a huge difference - that's what pads do. Giro disc was 1200/axel for the first set, then 800/axel after that (the hat can be reused).

Old 07-02-2014, 02:22 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
Not really that expensive for the Girodisc if you consider they last at least twice as long as the factory rotors. Performance-wise, I don't know that I noticed a huge difference - that's what pads do. Giro disc was 1200/axel for the first set, then 800/axel after that (the hat can be reused).
They last twice as long? Indeed that is impressive.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by BradB
They last twice as long? Indeed that is impressive.
Probably more than twice, really. With Pagid Yellow pads (awesome), I got maybe 2 weekends out of my front rotors before they warped, and maybe 4 out of the rears. The Girodisc rotors on the front lasted at least 8 weekends and more on the rears.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
Probably more than twice, really. With Pagid Yellow pads (awesome), I got maybe 2 weekends out of my front rotors before they warped, and maybe 4 out of the rears. The Girodisc rotors on the front lasted at least 8 weekends and more on the rears.

From where are you getting the Pagid yellow pads? Do you change them out before every track day or do you use them on the street? If you use them on the street, how are they?

Thanks

Marc

Old 07-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Suncoast usually has them in stock.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slotted rotor(stock size) to fit stock caliper