BMW M4 first drive

Old 07-19-2014, 12:06 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Video BMW M4 first drive

For those of you interested here is my video on the new replacement BMW M4

While I did not say it in the video it might interest you guys that the M4 feels SO big and heavy after coming from the C2S. I am sure I will get used to it. I know I will also miss the shape of the 991, still the most beautiful car on the road in my view. I look forward to getting back into a 911 at a future date maybe the 2016 MY.

Mean time I am sure I will have fun in the M4 and happy to post updates if you are interested.

Have a great weekend Porsche friends!

Nick

Last edited by nmurray22; 07-19-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:26 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Great review as usual, thanks for posting,
IMO the new blue is very far from "disgusting", finally a proper sporty color from BMW.
BTW I think the sound you hear when coming to a stop is the active sound feature (aka digital enhanced sound through the speakers)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4560_DxO_resize.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	354.3 KB
ID:	396881  
Old 07-19-2014, 07:00 AM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
Congrats!
Welcome back Nick! Always love watching your vids.
I believe the sound you're hearing is the turbo whine/spool.
My X3 35i makes a similar sound.
Hopefully the airbag light is nothing major.
Keep us posted and go enjoy that beast!

Old 07-19-2014, 07:33 AM
mdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for sharing, entertaining vid as usual.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:00 AM
dyim will become famous soon enough
What is the deal with the stuffed gorillas at the back? Are they your imaginary friends?

If I see a guy driving a brand new M4 with a camera on his head, dog beside him, 2 gorillas at the back, I am not sure what to think.

Anyways, looking forward to the comparison with 991.

Old 07-19-2014, 10:52 AM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by galion
Great review as usual, thanks for posting,
IMO the new blue is very far from "disgusting", finally a proper sporty color from BMW.
BTW I think the sound you hear when coming to a stop is the active sound feature (aka digital enhanced sound through the speakers)

I was a bit surprised by that comment. I love the yas marina blue.

I am not a fan of the digitally enhanced sound piped into the cabin.

Thanks for the review, Nick, and enjoy the M4 in good health. I'm a former M3 owner myself and still love M cars.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:25 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Congrats, been thinking of getting back into a M3 myself after they facelift it.
I hate the Yas Marina Blue also, but colour is a personal thing.

Must be nice to have some decent torque, and at least you have cup holders that actually work!!! LOL

Old 07-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting! Nice review and congrats! Enjoy it and don't forgot to stop on it here every once in a while!

Old 07-19-2014, 12:37 PM
dannguyen99 is on a distinguished road
Intrigued by the airbag light, will be following thread and thanks for making the video.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:09 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dyim
What is the deal with the stuffed gorillas at the back? Are they your imaginary friends?
Good question. I sure don't want to see their backsides.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains is on a distinguished road
thanks for the great vid

Old 07-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Robsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to beholdRobsc2s is a splendid one to behold
Why would I want to listen to a rich a**hole who buys bmw's everyday! Hahaha- welcome back and best of luck with your new beast.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Why does my gut feeling say that Nick will have problems with this one to?

He seems to fancy first year model cars after a redesign :-)

And by the way, don't like the blue Calipers. Looks too K-mart ish.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:14 AM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
Nick,
Nice to see you back! You've got to ditch the head camera mount though. I was getting pretty nauseous with the video bouncing all over the place.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:29 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Drive those roads all the time, glad no "supermom" hit your new ride . Great review, great color, love Sakhir Orange. Maybe I will see you when I am out and about on the crappy CT roads. Enjoy your new ride.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW M4 first drive