Opti-coat 2.0 or alternative on Sport Techno's to help with brake dust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:46 AM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
WARNING - do not use the ArmorAll product on platinum wheels - it leaves a white residue.

I use Opti-coat now.

Last edited by naples991; 07-27-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:34 PM
AllForTheCash will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by naples991
WARNING - do not use the ArmorAll product on platinum wheels - it leaves a white residue.

I use Opti-coat now.

THIS IS TRUE...Do NOT use it on black painted wheels, It leaves a residue that I had to compound/polish off. Ignore this product.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:21 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks all for the discussion... I think I'll go for the Opti-coat 2...

I think it meets the objectives of what I'm seeking... Somewhat easier cleaning with a pressure washer.. especially the inner rim which is hard to get to.... but a the same time not lock me into yet another product that I must apply on a frequent basis (which defeats my purpose of spending less time detailing).

Don't think I'm going to be able to eliminate brake dust, but at least make it easier and quicker during my bi-weekly driveway details.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:05 PM
builthatch is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scatkins
Thanks all for the discussion... I think I'll go for the Opti-coat 2...

I think it meets the objectives of what I'm seeking... Somewhat easier cleaning with a pressure washer.. especially the inner rim which is hard to get to.... but a the same time not lock me into yet another product that I must apply on a frequent basis (which defeats my purpose of spending less time detailing).

Don't think I'm going to be able to eliminate brake dust, but at least make it easier and quicker during my bi-weekly driveway details.
definitely look into the Daytona Speed Master too if you don't have one. it's one of my favorite wheel cleaning tools. i actually have the full size and the small one. they can be bent into all sorts of shapes to clean behind the spokes, brake parts, etc.

Last edited by builthatch; 07-28-2014 at 10:58 PM.