Porsche on Top, Again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:02 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche on Top, Again

Porsche came out on top again in the JD Powers Survey. Wonder how many GT3 owners participated in the survey.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...ney-topstories

Old 07-23-2014, 02:05 PM
shaytun will become famous soon enoughshaytun will become famous soon enough
I don't quite buy the results of JD Powers anymore. Kind of like Kelley Blue Book...mostly inaccurate. I don't question Porsche's results (though GT3 "owners" should), but rather that I'm pretty confident that Audi/VW, BMW, and probably Jag suck s***t for quality. Let's all admit, quality goes to Honda/Toyota/Lexus/Infiniti, etc. The Europeans make more emotional and enjoyable cars. That plays a big role in how you rate.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:44 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
How about the fact that 1/2 the Porsche drivers use their vehicles on weekends only and Toyotas, Chevys, Fords, etc. are all DD. Meaning, more issues on the DD.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:46 PM
TacomaM3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shaytun
I don't quite buy the results of JD Powers anymore. Kind of like Kelley Blue Book...mostly inaccurate. I don't question Porsche's results (though GT3 "owners" should), but rather that I'm pretty confident that Audi/VW, BMW, and probably Jag suck s***t for quality. Let's all admit, quality goes to Honda/Toyota/Lexus/Infiniti, etc. The Europeans make more emotional and enjoyable cars. That plays a big role in how you rate.
Really? I'm a Toyota/Lexus etc fan, but to say the others are suck s***t for quality I disagree with. You're also comparing pretty different vehicles with very different purposes.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:58 PM
shaytun will become famous soon enoughshaytun will become famous soon enough
So maybe I'm being extreme. But I'm only referring to reliability, not initial quality or how desire able a car is. It's just the number of people with audis and vw's that have serious issues is so disproportionate that it's a bit disappointing. I'm sure someone will respond about how they have had trouble free Audis but as a whole they don't compare to brands like lexus. Let's just say I'd probably only lease a BMW or Audi.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:06 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Reliability would require a poll of owners after some period of ownership longer than the 90 days of initial ownership. Consumer Reports has that covered. For sports cars they rate BMW tops with Porsche just behind and Corvette in third.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...s-overview.htm

CORRECTION: Actually, Consumer Reports shows the 911S as below average in the reliability department but exemplary in the satisfaction and accident avoidance department.

Last edited by SanibelSpeed; 07-24-2014 at 08:09 AM.