Amg gt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 02:11 AM
Banned
panameraph is on a distinguished road
Amg gt

Anyone here holding 911 purchase to see the Amy gt?

Anyone knows which 911 price level the amg will price at?

Old 07-26-2014, 07:37 AM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
My guess it will be closer to Turbo S money.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:59 AM
SilverSled is on a distinguished road
I'm on the AMG Private Lounge site - pricing will be 125 -150 for a base and S, plus say 15k in options to get it fit out right.

It's slightly shorter than an SLS and the new engine (v8 TT) will have around 500hp and 479 ft lbs of torque. It'll have a dual clutch as well. It all comes down to weight. How much will it weigh? My guess is it's going to be 3600 - 3750 lbs, a little too heavy.

Keep in mind, the 991 represents 50 years of refined evolution. The AMG GT is model year 1...

Old 07-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I've read that the base price will be $115K and the S version will start at $135K. Unlike Porsche, a lot is included in the base MSRP so options shouldn't add much more than $10K.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:50 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
I foresee a lot of first year problems with this car. it will also probably be only rear wheel drive only as well. I am interested in performance. Probably will be around 3.6-3.8 to 60. I don't think it looks as good as the 991 either. It will definitely not be in the turbo S range price wise. I think Sanibel is right about the cost numbers. The SLS was way overprices for the car at 215K+.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't like the "long nose look" of the SLS. For some reason MB thinks that it was an attractive design, because the AMG GT looks the same. Not only is it homely, but I find cornering in tight turns is more problematic when I can't see past the cars hood.

Old 07-26-2014, 02:16 PM
STALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to beholdSTALKER is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Alan
I didn't like the "long nose look" of the SLS. For some reason MB thinks that it was an attractive design, because the AMG GT looks the same. Not only is it homely, but I find cornering in tight turns is more problematic when I can't see past the cars hood.
Cars that have a front/mid engine layout as they call it have that look.
Motor is pushed far back as possible behind the front strut line to achieve better balance. Plus is the classic GT stance.

Last edited by STALKER; 07-26-2014 at 02:29 PM.