Questions for 991 Targa Owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:14 AM
DJSArcade is on a distinguished road
Questions for 991 Targa Owners

Any regrets?

I read a review that mentioned a "balloon squeak" from the rear, has this been a problem for you?

I am thinking of putting in an order for one of these, but I need to know if there are "1.0 glitches" outstanding.

Thanks!

Old 07-26-2014, 05:09 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
We haven't had any issues with ours at all. Almost 1300 miles now and really enjoying it targa top up or down.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:42 PM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
I sure am glad to read your reply Joe, thanks.
Mine arrives in Sept.

Last edited by fjpgt3; 07-27-2014 at 01:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
A quick picture of mine.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	756.7 KB
ID:	397561  
Old 07-27-2014, 12:47 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Joeacc
A quick picture of mine.
Gorgeous!!

Old 07-27-2014, 01:22 AM
fjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to allfjpgt3 is a name known to all
Elegant, sleek looking car,

Old 07-27-2014, 06:41 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DJSArcade
Any regrets?

I read a review that mentioned a "balloon squeak" from the rear, has this been a problem for you?

I am thinking of putting in an order for one of these, but I need to know if there are "1.0 glitches" outstanding.

Thanks!
I did read in a recent article that there was noise where the top met the car (can't remember front and/or back) and that Porsche was working on a fix.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Targa2015 will become famous soon enough
Best looking 911 in years! Mine coming in September also. Agate over red/black interior. Can't wait!!

Old 07-27-2014, 01:38 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Absolutely beautiful!

Old 07-27-2014, 06:57 PM
omegaSMP300 will become famous soon enough
A quick picture of mine.
The car looks great!

Old 07-27-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks guys. It can be tough to capture its presence in a picture. I am a firm believer the targa looks better in person than pictures.
So far I have really enjoyed it. We have two children that fit well in the back seats, so it has seen a lot more use than my gt3 it replaced. I installed a cargraphic valved x-pipe and fabspeed mufflers, so it really is a car that offers everything. 4 seats, open air top, still good looking, sporty, and classy with the roof closed, all wheel drive for the wet and sometimes cold Seattle area winter, an exhaust system that can be very quiet or sound like a straight pipe race car in the upper rpms if I am on it, a transmission that shifts in the blink of an eye, yet all easy enough to drive that my senior citizen mom can drive it. All a pretty amazing combination.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:36 PM
And a top open picture!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	775.5 KB
ID:	397658  
Old 07-28-2014, 06:00 AM
Targa2015 will become famous soon enough
Nice stable of cars!

2 kids fit in back seat...good to know

Your Mom driving the Targa.... priceless!

Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 AM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
And a top open picture!
Such a gorgeous car! Very nice!!!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:05 AM
Banned
panameraph is on a distinguished road
A quick picture of mine.
Off topic... How do u compare the rear seat space between the E and cayenne?

I am struggling to replace my p4s with targa... The rear seats are just too useful..really curious the difference between 911 and p4s in performance and fun to justify the switch..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Questions for 991 Targa Owners