So you placed an order...and kept changing it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
So you placed an order...and kept changing it!

This has happened to me repeatedly. With every Porsche I've spec'd out and ordered I end up amending it over and over again util the day its locked (which is a huge relief). For my GT3 I'm on my 8th iteration! This isn't just where I'm playing around on the configurator, it's where I've told my dealer to change the order and send my an official confirmation! I have a great relationship with my dealer buy man, I'm pushing it!

So is it just me?..... please tell me there are others out there who are equal to...or preferably worse than me!

Last edited by Haku; 07-27-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:12 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
8 ?! ....lol... I think you won.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:16 PM
BradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to allBradB is a name known to all
Hmmm, relief when you can no longer make any changes. But then comes a brief period of remorse for some decision...probably based on some words of 'wisdom' picked up on the inter-web. And then comes the excitement of tracking your car part-way across the ocean. And stress when you lose track of it-which you will. Then euphoria when you see it has docked. Then more stress when the dealer never seems to call to tell you it arrived. Then the anticipation of seeing it in person for the first time.

No, I have no idea what you are going through.

Old 07-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
I have a friend who can help you out, he generally charges by the hour, but I believe ha can get you a special deal worked out.

Old 07-27-2014, 04:03 PM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Only 8? I think you're just getting warmed up!

Old 07-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BradB
Hmmm, relief when you can no longer make any changes. But then comes a brief period of remorse for some decision...probably based on some words of 'wisdom' picked up on the inter-web. And then comes the excitement of tracking your car part-way across the ocean. And stress when you lose track of it-which you will. Then euphoria when you see it has docked. Then more stress when the dealer never seems to call to tell you it arrived. Then the anticipation of seeing it in person for the first time.

No, I have no idea what you are going through.
Quite! It's a process all right. I think the spec is getting locked any day now... as long as it's after the changes I've requested today I'll be a happy camper. I'm sure I've now got the spec just right Ermmm, I also said that yesterday !

Originally Posted by Dilligaf
I have a friend who can help you out, he generally charges by the hour, but I believe ha can get you a special deal worked out.
Does he work with other men in white coats and carry straight jackets?!!

Originally Posted by ma991
Only 8? I think you're just getting warmed up!
Ah, that's more like it! So, you've been here and know this is normal huh? I feel better already!

Old 07-27-2014, 08:03 PM
SpyderVancouver is on a distinguished road
8 only? I am on my 20th at minimum!

My lock-in is soon (next month) so time for a few more changes still

Old 07-27-2014, 08:41 PM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Ah, that's more like it! So, you've been here and know this is normal huh? I feel better already!
You bet, I stopped counting at 12. After that I got a few options that weren't in the configurator!

Old 07-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Grunty will become famous soon enough
I thought the only decisions on the gt3 were wether you get the lift kit and smokers pack?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Grunty
I thought the only decisions on the gt3 were wether you get the lift kit and smokers pack?
Yes but then there's the 18 way seats, all leather, color, to black wheels or not, and the list continues....

Old 07-28-2014, 04:44 AM
SMLaker will become famous soon enough
Haku...no worries I think it's completely sane behavior. I had 5 different configurations saved, let alone how many I changed and re-saved under the same code, before I walked into my dealer to rethink my color scheme. I had been told I had another week before it froze but when he looked up my build that time, he said my build would freeze that night! Then I scrambled to decide/remember which of those 5 builds I would settle on. Ultimately it was still a relief to not have to analyze it anymore.

Old 07-28-2014, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by ma991
You bet, I stopped counting at 12. After that I got a few options that weren't in the configurator!
12 Oh My! Well I really don't feel that bad now.

Originally Posted by SMLaker
Haku...no worries I think it's completely sane behavior. I had 5 different configurations saved, let alone how many I changed and re-saved under the same code, before I walked into my dealer to rethink my color scheme. I had been told I had another week before it froze but when he looked up my build that time, he said my build would freeze that night! Then I scrambled to decide/remember which of those 5 builds I would settle on. Ultimately it was still a relief to not have to analyze it anymore.
And there I thought I was the only one who's confused himself. Well, as its a brand new week nothing like an early morning call to my sales guy to make sure he's got my latest build spec! He'll be thrilled! I'm sure its about to lock very soon and that'll be a relief for us all. Then it'll be about the production status!

Old 07-28-2014, 08:40 AM
sodinishu is on a distinguished road
My lock-in is soon (next month) so time for a few more changes still

Old 07-28-2014, 10:09 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
This has happened to me repeatedly. With every Porsche I've spec'd out and ordered I end up amending it over and over again util the day its locked (which is a huge relief). For my GT3 I'm on my 8th iteration! This isn't just where I'm playing around on the configurator, it's where I've told my dealer to change the order and send my an official confirmation! I have a great relationship with my dealer buy man, I'm pushing it!

So is it just me?..... please tell me there are others out there who are equal to...or preferably worse than me!
Yeah it is hard. But by the same point I try not to be a "bad customer" and and waste other peoples time. I certainly don't like when others waste my time..

Then again, as a sales organization a certain amount of effort on their part is required on a high end car with a lot of commission is reasonable. But then again, I'd hate to be the "dreaded" customer. (Be honest with yourself, you know who you are.. )

I try to do my research and get to the point so when I finally place the order that I know pretty much what I want. On my 14 C2S I spent about 3 or 4 months deciding the details before placing my order. I made a couple of minor adds before the lock date but that was about it.

I suspect a lot of folks want to just get the order placed so they can get their timeline going... it is understandable.. But to me doing the background, spending the time researching and figuring it out is a lot of the fun.. I think stressing once I place the order I like to relax and stop worrying about it.

But of course we are all different.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by scatkins
Yeah it is hard. But by the same point I try not to be a "bad customer" and and waste other peoples time. I certainly don't like when others waste my time..

Then again, as a sales organization a certain amount of effort on their part is required on a high end car with a lot of commission is reasonable. But then again, I'd hate to be the "dreaded" customer. (Be honest with yourself, you know who you are.. )

I try to do my research and get to the point so when I finally place the order that I know pretty much what I want. On my 14 C2S I spent about 3 or 4 months deciding the details before placing my order. I made a couple of minor adds before the lock date but that was about it.

I suspect a lot of folks want to just get the order placed so they can get their timeline going... it is understandable.. But to me doing the background, spending the time researching and figuring it out is a lot of the fun.. I think stressing once I place the order I like to relax and stop worrying about it.

But of course we are all different.
Good points and thanks for the reply. I, like most of us, would like to think that we are fair customers and certainly do not intend to be a pain to anyone. I should mention that my dealer is extremely sympathetic and has never made me feel uncomfortable with the myriad of changes I've made. Although I've got long standing relationship with them I am respectful of their involvement and time. The issue is as much to do about ones own psyche and how we come to certain decisions. Many of the changes to my GT3 order have been the result of either my first hand experience from recently driving a friends GT3, or from other owners fairly recent experiences. As you know there have been very few cars available from which to gain adequate information.
I do think I have now refined my spec to a point at which I'm very comfortable with.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So you placed an order...and kept changing it!